Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

hondata calibrations for b18cr please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s300 calibrations for 96 b18c-R please look

hey guys, i was woundering if any1 had their type r tunned with bolt-ons so i could get the most out of what it is now untill i get her tunned with itb's, and not pay for tunning twice, engine mods are: i/h/e, s2 stg1 cams, unorthodox crank, and alternator pulleys, exedy flywheel, rc 310cc fuel injectors, hondata I.M heat sheild gasket, spark plug wires, no power steering, no A/C, (also if any1 has calibrations for itb's that would b nice b4 the tune).

Modified by Dc2-R_kid at 3:10 PM 4/6/2008

Modified by Dc2-R_kid at 3:12 PM 4/6/2008
Old 04-06-2008, 08:48 AM

Default Re: hondata calibrations for b18cr please help (Dc2-R_kid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dc2-R_kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hey guys, i have a jdm b18c-R in my gsr and i got my a hondata s300 for my itb's that will be put in once i get some money for tunning, but in the mean while i tried running the car on hondatas built-in stock itr calibration but the car pulls harder on my stock p73 itr ecu, so im thinking the fuel/ignition tables are not exactly the same i even had to drop vtec to 5500 from 5700 cause the car bogged about 200 revs b4 vtec enguages, so i was woundering if any1 had their type r tunned with bolt-ons so i could get the most out of what it is now untill i get her tunned, and not pay for tunning twice as is, and after the itb's, engine mods are: short ram intake, s2s1 cams, s2 cam gears, mugen 2 layer head gasket c/r 11.4, unorthodox crank, and alternator pulleys, dc 4-1 header with 2.5in collector, omni 2.5in test pipe, buddy club spec2 exhuast, exedy stg2 clutch, exedy flywheel, rc 310cc fuel injectors, hondata I.M heat sheild gasket, spark plug wires (sry forgot brandname and thickness), ngk iridium lX spark plugs, no power steering/no A/C, and its a 96 jdm spec so 4th/5th gears are shorter then the 98 jdm spec R's, i think that all of what matters, (also if any1 has calibrations for itb's that would b nice b4 the tune) thanks guys your posts have helped me with my project over the year, but this i cant find so i joined honda-tech for some help, and lookin forward to helpin u out as well, im a noob here but not to b-series vtec motors, Thx 4 readin this long thread.</TD></TR></TABLE>
hondata = waste of money..
Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I am definitely not reading all of that. Writing structure is not your strength I see.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata calibrations for b18cr please help (neo_)

Hondata's ITR MAP is to be used as a starting point, then fine tuned by a COMPETENT tuner.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neo_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah, I am definitely not reading all of that. Writing structure is not your strength I see. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, it's rough and I could only get through 3 lines.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:05 AM
...still your worst nightmare squared

Default Re: hondata calibrations for b18cr please help (Comp97GSR)

you wont ever need a tampon because i only see one period in that whole paragraph...err novel.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think that on their website it says that all maps are base points.

It is very difficult to read OBDII maps and copy them. It may even be illegal. With the stock ITR map, supposedly throttle response is crap among other things.

In a nutshell, find an OEM p73 or even p72 to use so you will not have to tune twice. From what I have seen and heard, the S300 is easy to use and if you can read up on some of the tuning sites you can learn to do it yourself easily.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dc2-R_kid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thx comp-gsR good info, i guess ill use my stock p73 for now, its just that i wanted a bit more out of it greedy me , ur right the s300 is not that hard to tune, i feel like i could easily give it a decent street tune, im sure any1 can if they follow or memorize the steps from their website, and do some reading on top of that, the problem is these court fines are killing me in MA, so im saving some money for a wb 02 sensor, and a laptop. </TD></TR></TABLE>
What i dont understand is, why waste 500+ dollars when u only need to spend maybe 100 to do it the same way and just use the saved money towards something else..
The new eCtune as well as crome pro gold is out and both run around 100~150 for the lic and perform the exact way as hondata, infact.. After what hondata "tried' to do i wouldn't have anything to do with them..in blunt, hondata , after spending a ton of money and realized they weren't going to win the lawsuit they tried to put on someone, they just made themselves look bad, try using that big red button up top called search.. If you need a basemap might i suggest
forum.pgmfi.org.. you can learn there for tuning.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: hondata calibrations for b18cr please help (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
What i dont understand is, why waste 500+ dollars when u only need to spend maybe 100 to do it the same way and just use the saved money towards something else..
The new eCtune as well as crome pro gold is out and both run around 100~150 for the lic and perform the exact way as hondata, infact.. After what hondata "tried' to do i wouldn't have anything to do with them..in blunt, hondata , after spending a ton of money and realized they weren't going to win the lawsuit they tried to put on someone, they just made themselves look bad, try using that big red button up top called search.. If you need a basemap might i suggest
forum.pgmfi.org.. you can learn there for tuning.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dislike Hondata myself too, but for different reason. A direct competitor of the S300 is Neptune RTP. It is cheaper and has more features, and just runs better (IMO). But remember, most of the costs of S300/Neptune RTP is from the hardware.You save money from not needing to buy chips, chip burners, and emulators. It is a direct plug and play system, all that you need to tune it is a USB cable which it comes with. Everything else isn't needed, unlike Crome/eCtune/Ubderdata/etc...
Old 04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neo_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dislike Hondata myself too, but for different reason. A direct competitor of the S300 is Neptune RTP. It is cheaper and has more features, and just runs better (IMO). But remember, most of the costs of S300/Neptune RTP is from the hardware.You save money from not needing to buy chips, chip burners, and emulators. It is a direct plug and play system, all that you need to tune it is a USB cable which it comes with. Everything else isn't needed, unlike Crome/eCtune/Ubderdata/etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yepper...

Not everyone can join PGMFi anymore.... I used to be a member a couple years back but since the issue with Hondata I can not re-register.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by neo_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dislike Hondata myself too, but for different reason. A direct competitor of the S300 is Neptune RTP. It is cheaper and has more features, and just runs better (IMO). But remember, most of the costs of S300/Neptune RTP is from the hardware.You save money from not needing to buy chips, chip burners, and emulators. It is a direct plug and play system, all that you need to tune it is a USB cable which it comes with. Everything else isn't needed, unlike Crome/eCtune/Ubderdata/etc...</TD></TR></TABLE>
Myself, run a RTP board as well, except not from neptune its a personal one made by craig, the creator of the ostrich..

Old 04-06-2008, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.hondata.net/forum/v...dba7c
Old 04-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dc2-R_kid)

You have bolt ons right? Why risk it? If you download some elses tune, that doesn't mean it'll be ideal for you too. I have a S300 with 01 ITR basemap but I will not use it until I get to a load varying dyno and tune it with a wideband.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Suspetise...

Default Re: (Comp97GSR)

If you:
1.) Load someone else's map, or
2.) Tune your S300 yourself

Chances are good that you'll be running very much incorrectly, and will probably cause more damage than the $200 or whatever you tried saving. What you SHOULD have done was not blown $500-600 on an S300, gotten an S100 instead (or whatever else for cheap or free), and spent the extra money on a quality tune.