Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

GSR Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR Intake (EARLdaSQUIRREL)

Earl or should I call you Mr. Squirrel??

When I first started out I was beat over the head a bunch. It just goes with the territory. IMO, most of this is in good fun. I also think some people come in here for the sole purpose of pushing buttons and starting flame wars.

The R forum is full of really knowledgeable, helpful people in the right circumstances. Go to an Expo or an R meet and anyone will see.

Casey is a hardparker and isn't made fun of... much. This show caR vs. tracked caR is crap that someone has made up and is preaching it to anyone who will listen.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:01 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: GSR Intake (Comp97GSR)

ya i took my fair share of critisism, as my first honda was a 95 coupe with a buddy club body kit painted tangelo pearl (hok) although my car was fairly quick with a gsr swap it wasnt to alot of peoples likings (built the car in 2000/01) i just dont see the need to go all out like some people do... i mean hell i have a cheap *** aem b16 intake on my type r right now and its only because its what came with the car and i cant afford to spend $700 on an intake that i feel a 250 dollar aem 3" competes with... just because some people can afford the best parts doesnt mean everyone can afford to buy baller parts

i personally have the title to my car in hand and dont have any payments on it and im "broke" in college and set myself with a budget, i try to do the best with what i can and its retarded someone would think less of me or my car because i didnt spend $*** on a certain brand intake that will only gain me 2whp over one 1/3 the price, or $1*** dollars on nice coilovers when a set of koni yellows and eibach springs would suit my needs just as well
Old 08-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The more you post the more you are confusing me. First it was all about being an *** to noobs. Then it was track cars vs. show cars. Now it is all about you.

Maybe you shouldn't put so much emphasis on what people on the intraweb think of you. You have been here for 6 years. HT is what you make of it.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Default Re: GSR Intake (get RIGHT)

^^^Maybe that's why he's called EARLde SQUIRREL.

Er yup, Earl you get out of it what you put in.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EARLdaSQUIRREL

how was that called for? if this forum is for such a low numbered car i would think everyone would be supportive of whatever we want to do with our cars, wether it be low mileage garage queens, hardparkers, drag racers or road racing. everyone has the same car and if its good at all those aspects why not respect it and just say to each his own? (btw...no problem with rtw dc2r) i just dont get it, i have a bunch of friends who do **** to their cars that i would never do to mine, but as long as it makes them happy why should i care as its not MY car
well since I was "put on blast" Ill respond. even though I think at this point people are being ridiculous and taking this internet thing way too serious. secondly, I doubt you know the backround info and really shouldnt be commenting at all unless you have a clue.

I have no problem with dooster (or you). I dont even know him (or you). I know hes in the armed forces and been stationed all over and I commend him for that as a person.

But I also know that he asked me a lot of questions about his setup when he was originally planning his build as it was very similar to what I had already done to my R. I quickly got to realize that he was only doing it for show, only looking for bragging rights and/or respect based on whatever WHP he was gonna try to make in his ITR. I figured his mindset was "hey I have one of the top imports of all time so why not have the top power and show car points as well". To each his own. I tried to give him advice on the setup, with hopes to get him on the same page as most of us, and JOIN us during our events, and god forbid, USE the car for something other than a garage queen or show stunna. Didnt happen, despite his repeated promises or whatever (not to me directly, but to us as a whole) to go to Expo and HANG OUT, track the car, be more than a screen name, and even hit up other events like We Todd Expo. None of those came to fruition. Ok fine. Then come picture posts of his bling mobile, complete with camera mounts and all, and his bike, and excuses about why he didnt go to Expo, blah blah blah. Whatever, again to each his own and obviously his car is immaculate. But I have REAL LIFE friends that are the same way, and guess what, I give them some shots also. Why? because they could have more fun WITH ME at events and traveling and meeting my other ITR friends, rather than worrying about the next mod.

I dont care about it anymore and to be honest I probably cared a little too much at first because I was way too into this whole ITR community. Anyone that knows me knows that Im quiet, and friendly to anyone I meet. And I think I met more people this past Expo than any other, and you are damn straight we are gonna bullshit with each other and pick on n00bs who ask dumb **** or make stupid threads about show cars and the like. Sure they can do what they want with whatever car they choose. But we can also make comments, educate, inform, or say whatever else as long as it lies within the TOS of the site. You can be sure that Im gonna rib him (and others) a little sometimes, especially when he(they) says something like "sad but true" referring to the members here in the ITR forum.

Ive been here a long time, and like to think I helped a lot of people along the way and learned A TON on my own. And sometimes its just more fun to put up a cat picture or sell a vtech solenoid than to explain the same **** over and over again or tell them to search. There is so much info here on the ITR, its truely amazing. Not much else can be said about the car, so this place has turned a little more into a social place for ALL OF US to hang out and kill time between expos or track days, etc. And its is NOT only the ITR forum that is like this. ALL FORUMS HERE are like this.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (The Dude)

^^^ OMG where's CLIFFS!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The Dude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^Maybe that's why he's called EARLde SQUIRREL.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
You mean like he is waiting for a nut?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: GSR Intake (RTW DC2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Ive been here a long time, and like to think I helped a lot of people along the way and learned A TON on my own. And sometimes its just more fun to put up a cat picture or sell a vtech solenoid than to explain the same **** over and over again or tell them to search. There is so much info here on the ITR, its truely amazing. Not much else can be said about the car, so this place has turned a little more into a social place for ALL OF US to hang out and kill time between expos or track days, etc. And its is NOT only the ITR forum that is like this. ALL FORUMS HERE are like this.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

like i said i wasnt trying to point you out, just was first post of that type i found, i cant say ive ever really had a problem with the guys in here, ive done deals with a couple of the people in here and im really going to try and get to the thanksgiving meet (if i can get off work)

ive had a couple of rants like this and i guess i never got into the whole cats or w/e, hell another forum im on some idiot always says cheeseburgers lol, peace to all and like i said i hope to put a face to some of the names, and i dont plan on leaving this forum any time soon
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: GSR Intake (get RIGHT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ OMG where's CLIFFS!!!

You mean like he is waiting for a nut?</TD></TR></TABLE>
ya ya ya i put that name as a joke for a lil bit but gk wont let me change it now! and i dont want everyone thinking im a damn newb cuz we all know how they get treated
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This dude did that to you?

Did you ask him in the form of a song? Maybe it's all in the approach...
Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man im just posting for the sake of posting, felt like the right thing to do after reading 4 pages of crap.

Sure beats being bored at work though.

Nowi just need to figure out what to have for lunch.

Old 08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kavehman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A Vegamite sandwich.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kavehman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man im just posting for the sake of posting, felt like the right thing to do after reading 4 pages of crap.

Sure beats being bored at work though.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

taco bell
Old 08-27-2008, 04:54 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

taco bell</TD></TR></TABLE>

[freak] that place!! always makes me sick!

eggs and ramen for me lol
Old 08-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no way grilled stuft chicken burrito with no sour cream FTW
Old 08-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EARLdaSQUIRREL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

eggs and ramen for me lol</TD></TR></TABLE>
hahaha. You ARE still in college.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no way grilled stuft chicken burrito with no sour cream FTW</TD></TR></TABLE>
My new order is 2 cheesy beef burritos and half lb potato & beef burrito. No onions. TO GO.
Old 08-27-2008, 05:06 PM
official honda whore

Default Re: (get RIGHT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
hahaha. You ARE still in college.

My new order is 2 cheesy beef burritos and half lb potato & beef burrito. No onions. TO GO. </TD></TR></TABLE>
damn that'd feed my 140lb body for a week lol

and yes back at college for another degree, half my friends call me van wilder for some reason lol
Old 08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EARLdaSQUIRREL)

I was expecting to wait up and find this locked
Old 08-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default Re: (tartje)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tartje &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was expecting to wait up and find this locked </TD></TR></TABLE>
Naw, G.K. really digs that pic.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (The Dude)

I have to say, after reading and I quote "4 pages of crap." I really like how this turned into a Taco Bell discussion. BTW don't eat two cheesy bean and rice burritos in any kinda hurry....it hurts. Aweomse GK pic also WTF band is that? my face is melting just by the picture
Old 08-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ahhh, so this is why a thread about a GSR intake is 4 pages long Haha.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (white rocket)

I get so excited everytime I log onto Honda-Tech, just to see what people are saying next... Ahhh Honda-Tech... my life would be so boring without it. You can only play Halo for so long.