Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

GSR Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GSR Intake (Rollo Lawson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rollo Lawson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

welcome to the ITR forum..... where the some of the most pompous, arrogant people on this site reside. if u want to get cussed out or mislead, either hang out here or the all motor forum. like being an itr owner is something special...... justin credible </TD></TR></TABLE>

how ironic is this post
Old 08-26-2008, 04:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GSR Intake (tartje)

Could someone get me some more popcorn "while you're up"?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WOW... Shawn holding down the fort...

Wish some of these guys could have seen how it used to be in here... if they think this is bad. ROFL.

It's funny how I hear time and time again how the ITR forum is full of ******... yet time and time again I also see "since you guys are the most knowledgeable I come in here" WTF??? Isn't that contradiction?

To answer the question what is Honda-tech here for? Well it used to be for all the tech data and first hand experiences that folks here had. Now it's all about bling, picture ****** and BS threads... other than that it's the same reoccuring problems from years past. It's boring these days and thus a BS thread and other crap we deal with all the time.

It's sad these days... it really is. When was the last DIY with pics? When was the last xyz header vs. abc header? We just don't have that in here anymore.

I do still find it funny how "newbs" come in and get butt hurt... especially when it's just told to them to search.

Shawn... I love the bible reference... it's so true in here.

As for the 2000 mile minty ITR and all that ****... it's just that... ****. What makes an intake on a 2k mile ITR better/worse than an intake on an ITR with 120k miles? I see no logic in that... and on top of that why in the hell would you buy a lower mileage "minty" ITR just to bastardize it? hell... put some APC stickers on there while your at it... replace the front bumper with a non-VIN matching bumper... seems like someone I'd follow...

Gawd this place is getting rephuckingdiculous!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dave_B)

It had to be done. Too bad you missed th DAC intake thread on pg 2.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Locked? Link? I knew it was going to turn into one of "those" threads... I stayed out... DAC intake one a "minty" fresh ITR? WTF??? Where are the APC stickers to go with it? And now I saw he's wanting to buy another front bumper... WTF???
Old 08-26-2008, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ROFL. The hillarity never ends. See what happens when you leave for 2 days?

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2372498
Old 08-26-2008, 05:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn... *****... and I missed out. Oh how that thread reminds me of circa 2004 in this very forum... funny how those these days think it's bashing or flaming or anything else. For ****** sake... honda got the F1 R&D team involved in making the car... F1 = road racing... ITR = road race car... and people wonder why they get responses or opinions when asked about drag racing... or that it was a built/balanced NA car... and get opinions on the boosted ones.

gawd I love the internet...
Old 08-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm saying. We all where there at one time or another. My first couple of posts in this room went the exact same way. I left mad and angry but low and behold...... tough love made me learn to search for myself and type actual english and not in texts code. The least we can do is pass it on.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (get RIGHT)

To OP I have a Comptech intake for sale for a GSR PM me if interested
Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Unfortunately with the "honda tuning experience" getting more and more popular......we all walk a fine line....we either take our precious time to answer an incredibly redundant question, or we verbally castrate someone.

In either circumstance, someone has to be wrong.....I try not to be wrong often. I'm just as reminiscent about the scene 10 years ago as you are, but it is what it is....for better or worse. The spoon-feeding **** sucks, but it's counter-productive if help isn't offered.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dyingwish)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm saying. We all where there at one time or another. My first couple of posts in this room went the exact same way. I left mad and angry but low and behold...... tough love made me learn to search for myself and type actual english and not in texts code. The least we can do is pass it on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I had the same thing happen to me. I put a little Preperation H on my butt hurt, took my punches like a man and got on with it. I do not or have not owed an R, but I support our people and the events. I have been to Expo (to actually drive and not be a show kaa) and I, for the first year this year, planned and held the PA ITR meet......AND I DONT EVEN OWN AN R. So enough with the sand in the vagina stories of how the ITR forum people are ****** but some of the most knowledgeable ****** on HT and just deal with it or if its too much for you to take a little verbal e-thrashing, go to some other stupid ricer site where they dont care if the same question has been asked eleventy billion times in the wrong forum. To sum it up, if you dont like it the GTFO.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (attentionwhore)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by attentionwhore &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I had the same thing happen to me. I put a little Preperation H on my butt hurt, took my punches like a man and got on with it. I do not or have not owed an R, but I support our people and the events. I have been to Expo (to actually drive and not be a show kaa) and I, for the first year this year, planned and held the PA ITR meet......AND I DONT EVEN OWN AN R. So enough with the sand in the vagina stories of how the ITR forum people are ****** but some of the most knowledgeable ****** on HT and just deal with it or if its too much for you to take a little verbal e-thrashing, go to some other stupid ricer site where they dont care if the same question has been asked eleventy billion times in the wrong forum. To sum it up, if you dont like it the GTFO. </TD></TR></TABLE>
My pit bike shows the ultimate proof of your attendance and support.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: GSR Intake (waken)

Im going to get a Rio
Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (get RIGHT)

LOL, Damn Shawn. These threads are the only reason why I come here anymore.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (Todd00)

Here you go buy it, two left. http://yhst-1408381693991.stor....html it won't fit tho.

By the way I got my b16 AEM intake to fit on my civic w/ my 2000 type R motor perhaps look into that. If you are a baller like me just order up a ARC intake.

By the way today I got a chance to smoke a real type R around corners, a strait away and on freeway I ate him like my egg mcmuffin this morning.
Love the R motor in a lightweight 92 CX. I was switching at 6k RPM still braking in the motor and I granny shifted and left him like I did my EX. YEEEE!

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE

Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (KingKnight)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKnight &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way today I got a chance to smoke a real type R around corners, a strait away and on freeway I ate him like my egg mcmuffin this morning.
Love the R motor in a lightweight 92 CX. I was switching at 6k RPM still braking in the motor and I granny shifted and left him like I did my EX. YEEEE! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Really? No way!!! Sure sounds like he was like most of us... don't care much for the ricers on the road and tend NOT to play in the street.

Did you give him the ricer fly-by while you were at it?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sad but true.</TD></TR></TABLE>

isnt there a car show you should be at?

lol @ people thinking the ITR forum is so stuck up. ANYWHERE on this forum, or any forum, if you post something stupid or redundant, YOU GONNA GET RAPED. deal with it bitches
Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (RTW DC2R)

But dooshy yearns for the quieter, gentler ITR room.

Where we repeat ourselves over and over again into oblivion....

Where noobs arent required to think for themselves......

Where show kAa'a bring the respect......

Where rice rules the day......

Sounds pretty boring, huh?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:46 AM
Banned

Default Re: GSR Intake (get RIGHT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But dooshy yearns for the quieter, gentler ITR room.

Where threads get locked.....

Sounds pretty boring, huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Fixed it for U Shawn.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

***** it... don't like it? Don't come back. Very simple.

That... or don't post and only search stuff. Another very easy solution.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:29 AM
official honda whore

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But dooshy yearns for the quieter, gentler ITR room.

Sounds pretty boring, huh?</TD></TR></TABLE>

or you could just not post and let it fade away and they will get the point and search...

ha ha it seems questions are always going to be redundant due to no real new technology with our cars in the past couple of years

and it always seems people have to be hardass's and get a laugh out of it, which is cool if that is your cup of tea, or if you think your better then them, or if you think you OWN this forum

but the sad part about it is this is a free forum, with plenty of newbies joining because the cars are getting cheaper so more people can afford them

all in all newbs will be newbs and ask newb questions so you can choose to ignore them, choose to help them or point them in the right direction, or just continue being an ***...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (EARLdaSQUIRREL)

I think your opinions are way off base.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EARLdaSQUIRREL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
and it always seems people have to be hardass's and get a laugh out of it, which is cool if that is your cup of tea, or if you think your better then them, or if you think you OWN this forum

but the sad part about it is this is a free forum, with plenty of newbies joining because the cars are getting cheaper so more people can afford them

all in all newbs will be newbs and ask newb questions so you can choose to ignore them, choose to help them or point them in the right direction, or just continue being an ***...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Is that REALLY what you believe? You sound just like a disgruntled employee to me. So you think we are all here because we think we OWN the place? You think we are here just to be an *** or a hardass? You think that ignoring the problem is going to make it better somehow? Let me ask you this. If someone you love had an itchy rash or a disease of some sort. Do you just ignore it? Hope and pray it goes away on it's own? Does anything ever get solved by ignoring it?
Would you agree that you have learned more by searching mulitlpe posts than by recieving one single post that someone else provided for you with no alternate points of view?
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

IMO... we DO own this place to a certain extent...

Take the FS/WTB sticky for example... now most of the newer crowd won't even get this... but there was a very VERY long thread/debate with the mods and reasoning for and not for having one.

IMO, in cases such as this... we (as a whole) own this place. Our opinions are looked upon and decisions are made based on that.

How about reporting a thread/post to a mod? That takes "ownership" to even do. We, as the folks in this forum make it was it is, and in that sense we too own this place.

I think, by what you wrote you mean we, as in a select few... the way I look at it... we means us as a whole.

Shawn... good point... ignoring something only means someone is going to bump it back up to the top (and if you read the rules... bumping is NOT allowed in the ITR forum)

See, the way I look at it... the newer folks want it a certain way, but have yet to fully realize how this place works. If you want things a certain way, or have somenthing to say... start a DECENT thread on it. Bashing, calling names and all that jazz will NOT be tolerated in one of those kinds of threads... but IMO we haven't had one in a while and it seems we might want/need one again. (sorry GK... you'll too have to police this again)
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 AM
official honda whore

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think your opinions are way off base.

Is that REALLY what you believe? You sound just like a disgruntled employee to me. So you think we are all here because we think we OWN the place? You think we are here just to be an *** or a hardass? You think that ignoring the problem is going to make it better somehow? Let me ask you this. If someone you love had an itchy rash or a disease of some sort. Do you just ignore it? Hope and pray it goes away on it's own? Does anything ever get solved by ignoring it?
Would you agree that you have learned more by searching mulitlpe posts than by recieving one single post that someone else provided for you with no alternate points of view? </TD></TR></TABLE>

ya i search almost everything that i dont know how to do, or dont know a friend who could help me out

ive had posts where ive asked a question and no one answered it and i eventually just searched and found the answer myself

if you dont think the post is credible just hit the little report button and be on your way

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave_B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IMO... we DO own this place to a certain extent...

Take the FS/WTB sticky for example... now most of the newer crowd won't even get this... but there was a very VERY long thread/debate with the mods and reasoning for and not for having one.

IMO, in cases such as this... we (as a whole) own this place.

How about reporting a thread/post to a mod? That takes "ownership" to even do. We, as the folks in this forum make it was it is, and in that sense we too own this place.

I think, by what you wrote you mean we, as in a select few... the way I look at it... we means us as a whole.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

its the community that makes it a whole, but if you push newb's away with certain attitudes it would eventually just be a select few who participate in the itr forum and thats not what it should be about

pretty much any question asked can be found in archives so it would seem this forum would be dead without picture threads etc unless newb's come on and ask questions that they need to have someone answer.

like the main question here about the gsr intake fitting, 6 years ago i was in the same situation and had no idea if a type r intake was different from a gsr or even a civic, but just because i know that now doesnt mean everyone else knows that, and besides the search function on h-t is far from adequate and when you find an old post that may relate the pictures might not show up so you may not get the total answer

everyone who posts on h-t doesnt exactly "own" it although we all participate and if we didnt this forum wouldnt be around, but that doesnt make one persons questions or posts any more important than another, and just because one person does things one way compared to your way, as long as their car is to their liking and safe to be on the road then let it be, granted i hate body kits and not a big fan of superchargers on a fwd but i dont bash other people just because of my opinion

i get asked stupid questions by locals all the time about cars but i dont go around bashing them because their lack of knowledge, i usually try to help them out and i imagine most of you people who are hard ***'s on here would do the same for a local person

so why not give someone the respect you would on here that you would in real life (if some of you have that attitude in real life towards people i feel sad for you)

btw not directing these posts to anyone in particular just venting because im sick of all the people treating newb's like **** when they probably dont know a thing about them ....

if anyone wants to pm me about my post id be happy to reply
Old 08-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (EARLdaSQUIRREL)

you chuckleheads are still talkin about intakes on a car that's been out of production for what 7 years now...

finally they install a new server and firewall that lets me browse around from work and THIS is what the news is.

be nice to me or I'll go back to trolling my EVO forums,,, I really mean it,,, I promise... And BTW if you think it's harsh here now get over it. Get some thicker internet skin. Ahh the old days...

Quick Reply: GSR Intake