Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

GSR Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSR Intake

On my new B18C (2000 spec) there is a cheap, no name short ram intake. I have been shopping Craig’s list and I found AEM short ram intakes for a GSR are easy to come by for cheap. Will an intake made for a GSR work on my ITR? Are there any other engines that have intakes that will work?
Old 08-24-2008, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (waken)

Ugh. How many times in 1 week can this same question possibly be asked in 1 place? I think this is the 4th.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On my new B18C (2000 spec) there is a cheap, no name short ram intake. I have been shopping Craig’s list and I found AEM short ram intakes for a GSR are easy to come by for cheap. Will an intake made for a GSR work on my ITR? Are there any other engines that have intakes that will work?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will the $50 ebay specials blow your budget or something?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:00 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: GSR Intake (get RIGHT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ugh. How many times in 1 week can this same question possibly be asked in 1 place? I think this is the 4th. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So instead of wasting your time answering his question, you waste your time being a *****... I see.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (wegotmorrison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wegotmorrison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So instead of wasting your time answering his question, you waste your time being a *****... I see. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Why are you trolling here? I though you where Mr GSR with a DC intake without the hate?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:05 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why are you trolling here? I though you where Mr GSR with a DC intake without the hate?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because you're a ***** and I find it amusing to see all of the people you put down. Im sorry I dont have a Type R, I guess I'm not welcome here. Dont get me wrong, I love the Type R and will own one after college, but You seem to be a little full of yourself, owning a car that runs mid 14's and costs under 20K... Maybe if you had a new M3, or something I'd feel like you were better than me, But bashing my car when you also have an Integra, is pathetic. I know the Type R is better than the gsr in everyway, but you act like you're so above me. I never hate on anyone, unless they are ******, and you are the real DOUCHE bag.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahahaha. I'm laughing at you. You come in here, spread some weakness about your intake and now that you have been called out you are mad and trying to flip it around like I somehow made you say the things you did. You are funny. Whats even funnier is all the sarcasim that you couldn't see. Trust me. More people that lil ole me are laughing at you right now.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:17 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hahahaha. I'm laughing at you. You come in here, spread some weakness about your intake and now that you have been called out you are mad and trying to flip it around like I somehow made you say the things you did. You are funny. Whats even funnier is all the sarcasim that you couldn't see. Trust me. More people that lil ole me are laughing at you right now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you have shitty grammar, that much is extremely obvious. I'm not going to argue with someone who is borderline illiterate. I never made any comments about the DC Intake being better than any other Intake. the Original Poster on the forum you are refering to, told me about the DC DAC Intake, which is why I bought it. He had one on his 98 ITR, which had 2000 Original Miles on it when he sold it a few years back. He liked the Intake alot, and wants it for his 2000 with 10,000 original miles. So before you talk down to people for wanting a DC product, understand he has one of the most mint type r's in the country, and sold one of the most mint r's int he country as well. I'll take his word on preferance over yours anyday.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wegotmorrison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well you have shitty grammar, that much is extremely obvious. I'm not going to argue with someone who is borderline illiterate. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Christ!! You are the Grammar **** now too?
I never made any comments about the DC Intake being better than any other Intake. the Original Poster on the forum you are refering to, told me about the DC DAC Intake, which is why I bought it. He had one on his 98 ITR, which had 2000 Original Miles on it when he sold it a few years back. He liked the Intake alot, and wants it for his 2000 with 10,000 original miles. So before you talk down to people for wanting a DC product, understand he has one of the most mint type r's in the country, and sold one of the most mint r's int he country as well.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Your right, you said something to the effect that an "intake is an intake." Which made you ignorant. You don't need to explain that ITR being sold. We know that story... BUT, this does explain alot about why you are defending this. I DO understand better now. You thought you where standing up for someone else. Look at you now.
I'll take his word on preferance over yours anyday. </TD></TR></TABLE>
You should make a POLL.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well you have shitty grammar, that much is extremely obvious. I'm not going to argue with someone who is borderline illiterate. I never made any comments about the DC Intake being better than any other Intake. the Original Poster on the forum you are refering to, told me about the DC DAC Intake, which is why I bought it. He had one on his 98 ITR, which had 2000 Original Miles on it when he sold it a few years back. He liked the Intake alot, and wants it for his 2000 with 10,000 original miles. So before you talk down to people for wanting a DC product, understand he has one of the most mint type r's in the country, and sold one of the most mint r's int he country as well. I'll take his word on preferance over yours anyday. </TD></TR></TABLE>

2000 miles ...that guy should just buy an ITR model for collection instead

Low mileage is nice.. but you don't get to enjoy much with it
Old 08-24-2008, 05:32 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by get RIGHT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Your right, you said something to the effect that an "intake is an intake." Which made you ignorant. You don't need to explain that ITR being sold. We know that story... BUT, this does explain alot about why you are defending this. I DO understand better now. You thought you where standing up for someone else. Look at you now.

You should make a POLL. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-24-2008, 05:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You should make a POLL. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I just dont understand why you got so butt hurt about the Mugen comment. I love The Type R, I like Mugen Products, And I also love my gsr. and being it my second car that I purchased in high school with my own money, Im proud of it. Lets just all get along, and end these threads. Peace.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ You're DOING IT WRONG.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So instead of wasting your time answering his question, you waste your time being a *****... I see. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL. Exactly, and this is what I mean. The OP has 2 freakin posts, brand spanking to the forum. Yes there is a search button on the top right but damn give the guy a break and answer his question. This is how it starts for most new guys, and they never return again.

Some people just like belittling others to feel good.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:06 PM

Default Re: GSR Intake (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ROFL. Exactly, and this is what I mean. The OP has 2 freakin posts, brand spanking to the forum. Yes there is a search button on the top right but damn give the guy a break and answer his question. This is how it starts for most new guys, and they never return again.

Some people just like belittling others to feel good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry, but anyone with a brain and an internet connection can do a google search and see that no intake, whatever brand it is, shares part numbers between a GSR intake and an ITR intake.

Heck, you can even look at a picture and the differences are obvious.

And the funny part is that he's being incredibly cheap about it. Better yet, ask this in the normal Integra forum where the level of ghetto-rigging stuff seems to happen more often.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Then whats the point of honda-tech
Old 08-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then whats the point of honda-tech </TD></TR></TABLE>
To do a search and find the info you need before you make a post?
You more than anybody else needs to watch this and live by it.
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Its simple really.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wegotmorrison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Because you're a ***** and I find it amusing to see all of the people you put down. Im sorry I dont have a Type R, I guess I'm not welcome here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

welcome to the ITR forum..... where the some of the most pompous, arrogant people on this site reside. if u want to get cussed out or mislead, either hang out here or the all motor forum. like being an itr owner is something special...... justin credible
Old 08-25-2008, 12:48 PM

Default Re: GSR Intake (Todd00)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And the funny part is that he's being incredibly cheap about it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats harsh.....He's in college trying to get some sort of education, by the sounds of it, it looks like he pays his own way as well....There is cheap and there is smart. he want's an intake but can't afford the nice one, so he will settle with the cheap one for now because he's probably paying for room, board, tuition, books, etc.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:09 PM

Default Re: GSR Intake (Mr.x)

So even though get RIGHT was trying to be a ***** with his link to “how to post” I got the point. I am sorry that I did not think to use the search before posting. Please next time can someone just post a link to the thread that will help?

In response to Todd00 comments, no $50 will not break the budget, but I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that I could get a better intake for only $50 more, or that an AEM type-r intake will only run me $50 more then the GSR one? Also I did not just run a google search because I trust people on this sight more than the internet. I have been to the AEM site and seen the difference. I assumed this meant the GSR would not be ideal, but might still fit. So before I spend more money than I have to I decided to ask wonder, helpful people at Honda-tech.com.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So even though get RIGHT was trying to be a ***** .
</TD></TR></TABLE>
See. Thats where you got it wrong. Give a man a fish and he eats one time. Teach a man to fish and he eats every nite. See the diff?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (Rollo Lawson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rollo Lawson &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

welcome to the ITR forum..... where the some of the most pompous, arrogant people on this site reside. if u want to get cussed out or mislead, either hang out here or the all motor forum. like being an itr owner is something special...... justin credible </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sad but true.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: GSR Intake (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Sad but true.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You can leave and not come back. I doubt anybody would notice.

Or care.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Re: GSR Intake (Mr.x)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.x &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats harsh.....He's in college trying to get some sort of education, by the sounds of it, it looks like he pays his own way as well....There is cheap and there is smart. he want's an intake but can't afford the nice one, so he will settle with the cheap one for now because he's probably paying for room, board, tuition, books, etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The OEM intake is better than most/all of the cheap intakes in the market, so he'd be best served to just keep that.

And more on the point...if he were that worried about money, he'd have kept his car with the stock motor.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waken &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In response to Todd00 comments, no $50 will not break the budget, but I am not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that I could get a better intake for only $50 more, or that an AEM type-r intake will only run me $50 more then the GSR one? Also I did not just run a google search because I trust people on this sight more than the internet. I have been to the AEM site and seen the difference. I assumed this meant the GSR would not be ideal, but might still fit. So before I spend more money than I have to I decided to ask wonder, helpful people at Honda-tech.com.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

1) question would have been best served in the hybrid forum

2) there is a slightly used AEM ITR 3" intake in the forsale thread sticky for $150 shipped. Good deal on the 2nd or 3rd best intake for the ITR motor.

Quick Reply: GSR Intake