Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

GS Being Ebay as ITR

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 02:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: GS Being Ebay as ITR

Sweet. And a 98 spec too. Nice one Sir. When I was trawling the Japanese auctions back around 04-05 the 96 specs were far more common. Only saw a handful of the 98's, like three or four(and they were all white). And yep white was much more common alright. Silver was popular enough with the DB8's, but very thin on the round in the DC2's(about the same number as JDM yellow). The other colours in DB8's were very rare. I did see a couple of black ones(96's), but never saw a red or the later yellow option. Funny enough I did see a fair number of DB8 R's with the lower SiR/GSR spoiler with brake light*. Dealer install I presumed. My "theory" at the time was that the DB8 was more likely to be bought by slightly older buyers maybe with families, so they went more for white and silver, "older" colours, rather than reds and yellows and maybe why some asked for the smaller spoiler. Cool thing about the DB8 was that a Tokyo taxi firm ran a few of them at the time.

*IIRC the R spoiler for the DB8 is a different fitting and wont fit a DC2, so would be hard to source if you didn't have one.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Yes, the db8 ITR spoiler is a little bit wider, so it does not fit on DC2.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
Sweet. And a 98 spec too. Nice one Sir. When I was trawling the Japanese auctions back around 04-05 the 96 specs were far more common. Only saw a handful of the 98's, like three or four(and they were all white). And yep white was much more common alright. Silver was popular enough with the DB8's, but very thin on the round in the DC2's(about the same number as JDM yellow). The other colours in DB8's were very rare. I did see a couple of black ones(96's), but never saw a red or the later yellow option. Funny enough I did see a fair number of DB8 R's with the lower SiR/GSR spoiler with brake light*. Dealer install I presumed. My "theory" at the time was that the DB8 was more likely to be bought by slightly older buyers maybe with families, so they went more for white and silver, "older" colours, rather than reds and yellows and maybe why some asked for the smaller spoiler. Cool thing about the DB8 was that a Tokyo taxi firm ran a few of them at the time.

*IIRC the R spoiler for the DB8 is a different fitting and wont fit a DC2, so would be hard to source if you didn't have one.
Makes perfect sense about why most were white or silver. I just always loved the Integra sedan body style even better than the hatch, especially with the JDM front.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you AM. The slight extra length gives them a nice shape IMHO and though I equally like the US/E/AUDM and JDM fronts on a DC2, the JDM front makes the four door look so much better. The frameless windows are cool too. They're a very nice car alright and that little bit more unusual in an already unusual to see car. Triply unusual in a 98 spec. In my searches back in the day the 96 spec examples far exceeded the number of 98's that showed up. Like 20 to 1. For some reason they seemed to have been more popular early on in the run, if the ratio of the 96 to 8 numbers that show up are anything to go by. They got silver as an option from the get go, the DC2 only getting it from 98 onward(and it wasn't popular at all for some reason. I suppose silver became the fashionable colour for cars a few years later). And only in Japan, which makes them the rarest colour worldwide. So good to know there's another fellow Vogue Silver Metallic fan/weirdo out there. Yours looks like a beauty too. Very clean and standard by the look of it too. Well may you wear. Can't wait to see your pics of it.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
I hear you AM. The slight extra length gives them a nice shape IMHO and though I equally like the US/E/AUDM and JDM fronts on a DC2, the JDM front makes the four door look so much better. The frameless windows are cool too. They're a very nice car alright and that little bit more unusual in an already unusual to see car. Triply unusual in a 98 spec. In my searches back in the day the 96 spec examples far exceeded the number of 98's that showed up. Like 20 to 1. For some reason they seemed to have been more popular early on in the run, if the ratio of the 96 to 8 numbers that show up are anything to go by. They got silver as an option from the get go, the DC2 only getting it from 98 onward(and it wasn't popular at all for some reason. I suppose silver became the fashionable colour for cars a few years later). And only in Japan, which makes them the rarest colour worldwide. So good to know there's another fellow Vogue Silver Metallic fan/weirdo out there. Yours looks like a beauty too. Very clean and standard by the look of it too. Well may you wear. Can't wait to see your pics of it.
Thank you, and that’s cool historical info to know. I knew silver was damn rare, but didn’t realize that silver AND 98 Spec has always been that rare.

As far as the one I’m getting, other than the weird dual din CD and mini-disc player that’s in it, I have not seen/noticed another mod done to the car yet. I always loved how my USDM DC2 ITR drove pretty much stock, so have no intention of doing a bunch of mods to it. I will be sure to post pics as soon as I have it home and cleaned up.