Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Got a noob question..go easy

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a noob question..go easy

I know this a noob question, but i searched and no luck.

Simple Question: Does Mugen make spark plug wires and radiator hoses like spoon does so for our car? I sorta have a whole mugen thing going on and would like to all keep it the same if I could.

I also know the rad hoses are a bit ricey, but what can i say..gotta go back to my beginner days.

I have my flame suit on just incase anyone was wondering lol.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (ITR0065)

AFAIK....

Mugen does not make these products specifically or for any other Honda car in recent production.

Radiator hoses aren't just a rice item....they actually do serve some purpose if the car is being tracked occasionally - frequently - constantly.....
Old 06-03-2006, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (RagingAngel)

Thank you very much.

Another question though, possibly another dumb one, what are the advantages of the spoon radiator hoses? I understand that spoon does everything for a purpose, but i don't see the advantages of having a specific rad hose??
Old 06-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (ITR0065)

they're made from a high temp heat resistant silicone....where the stock rubber hoses may be prone to bursting or expanding causing a variance in coolant flow....

but this is all stuff that I have never heard occur before on or off the track.

People like to replace them for the added peace of mind I suppose...because while on track....what you think won't go wrong.... well...we all know....it usually does....

Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

why would you think upgraded hoses would be rice i don't get it? it serves a purpose especially where i live in the dry heat of 115-118+ in the summer time. radiator hoses buldging and splitting in half is a frequent thing here i guess. always better safe then sorry IMHO. i also don't mind paying the extra money for quality stuff like Spoon, Mugen, J's, JUN, Toda, ect. you usually get what you pay for in most cases with our cars.

-Cory, who is waiting on his set of Spoon hoses, calipers, brake lines, and plug wires. w3rd
Old 06-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN.R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN.R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why would you think upgraded hoses would be rice i don't get it? it serves a purpose especially where i live in the dry heat of 115-118+ in the summer time. radiator hoses buldging and splitting in half is a frequent thing here i guess. always better safe then sorry IMHO. i also don't mind paying the extra money for quality stuff like Spoon, Mugen, J's, JUN, Toda, ect. you usually get what you pay for in most cases with our cars.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe they are a some what of a ricer object for me. I tract the car very much, car always within normal temperatures. It's pretty much not needed for my car, but i've been hooked on them since day one because I like the looks of it. Didn't mean anything harsh by it, just simply felt it was a little bit of a ricer thing to do in my situation.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they're made from a high temp heat resistant silicone....where the stock rubber hoses may be prone to bursting or expanding causing a variance in coolant flow....

People like to replace them for the added peace of mind I suppose...because while on track....what you think won't go wrong.... well...we all know....it usually does....</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are also other companies out there that make the same hoses for a fraction over the SPOON ones.

I had the SPOON hoses when my car was turbo charged. I noticed that after a little bit of use, the diameter of the hoses shrunk. Like the engine bay heat made them perminently constrict. One benifit out of it was that where the hoses terminated to the radiator and engine block, the fit was extremely tight with little to no chance of air getting in and coolant getting out. Thought that was a bit interesting and was curious if anyone else noticed this with the SPOON hoses?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (Haleiwa-Brando)

Samco rad hoses are pretty much the hose you'll want to run... Just to add to the reason of installing a hose, they also keep pressure consistent there for keeping temp levels consistent. This helps in the monitoring of the engine vitals...

I wonder if Samco makes the hoses for Spoom? They makes the J"s racing units.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got a noob question..go easy (Circuit Star-29)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Circuit Star-29 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Samco rad hoses are pretty much the hose you'll want to run... Just to add to the reason of installing a hose, they also keep pressure consistent there for keeping temp levels consistent. This helps in the monitoring of the engine vitals...

I wonder if Samco makes the hoses for Spoom? They makes the J"s racing units.</TD></TR></TABLE>
they do IIRC
Old 06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN.R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN.R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">-Cory, who is waiting on his set of Spoon hoses, calipers, brake lines, and plug wires. w3rd</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok here is another noob question. why spoon calipers? that seems like a lot roughly what 1500? for jsut calipers? why not stop tech or Wilwoods for discs and calipers.

Or NSX with powerslot pro? (powerslot pro is 12" rotor, assuming you could fit them and I can so im thinking of going that route. either NSX or ITR caliper for my GSR)
Old 06-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Solscud007)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Solscud007 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ok here is another noob question. why spoon calipers? that seems like a lot roughly what 1500? for jsut calipers? why not stop tech or Wilwoods for discs and calipers.

Or NSX with powerslot pro? (powerslot pro is 12" rotor, assuming you could fit them and I can so im thinking of going that route. either NSX or ITR caliper for my GSR)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Spoon caliper because you can control braking much better, they fit under a 15 inch wheel and the ability to use OEM pads is a HUGE plus in my book.

I'd say stoptechs if you were using the chassis as a dedicated track car.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Circuit Star-29)

i got my last two sets of spoon calipers for 800 dollars shrug
Old 06-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jdmspoonitr)

sell me a set
Old 06-06-2006, 01:48 PM
Trial User