Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious!

Forgive me if this has already been posted. I was waiting for him to return my email.

The car is a 94 integra, complete itr setup; for 10k. I emailed him asking if there were papers or anything like that, but I also indicated that it really didn't matter because I loved his car.

Here is his response:
dont have papers because my friend had a 2000 yellow R and he got slammed form beinhd by suburban so i slavaged all the parts out of his car for a cheaper price, are you interested in buying the car because i can give you a deal!

I'm not trying to play mr.detective, I just sensed something odd a few days ago when this first went up for sale(for so cheap), and I decided to see if it was legit.

Have a look:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1839659847

apex- who's
Old 07-01-2002, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (apexii)

no vin #'s.. is that cuz of the salvage??
Old 07-01-2002, 07:39 AM

MHD43P is his plate number, I would think that someone selling his car with illeagal sh t would not post his plate for the world to see.

But some of these theifs are very dumb...
Old 07-01-2002, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (01PYITR)

What papers could one get in a scenario like this. Meaning, if he did infact buy this setup from his friend(INSURANCE COMPANY), then he should have gotten SOME kind of document stating what he paid, ect. If he bought it straight from his FRIEND, which is how it sounds, then somebody is pulling a quick one over on the insurance company, in some way.

I'm sure there are people lurking here who have purchased valid ITR setups from wrecks. My questions are do you get any paperwork documenting the purchase, and do/must the remove the vins??
Old 07-01-2002, 07:57 AM
New User

If you buy salvage, I'm pretty sure you would get some sort of paper work. If you didn't keep it, the place of purchase may still have it on record.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:21 AM

this kid was been trying to sell the car for months on urbanracer. a friend of mine went to check it out and he said everything on the car is suspcious from the internals down to its legality. the kid was barely 18 years old and couldnt explain anything. just a heads up to the area!
Old 07-01-2002, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"Purchasing the car, the engine and the mods i have infested over 26,000$"
Old 07-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (dcteck)

You want shady?

Check out the block stamping in this thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=220131
Old 07-01-2002, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (DOHC Beast)

this kid was been trying to sell the car for months on urbanracer. a friend of mine went to check it out and he said everything on the car is suspcious from the internals down to its legality. the kid was barely 18 years old and couldnt explain anything. just a heads up to the area!
This sucks. There is no doubt in my mind that something is shady about this. He's trying to cut a cheap deal with anyone and everyone. I wish I was local because I'd see this one to the end myself. The parts alone are worth a minimum of 10k!(if legal)

And that block stamping is redicilious!
Old 07-01-2002, 10:28 AM

yea man thats sounds beyond shady.. and wasn't NJ where all these ITR were getting stolen? and I think peopel said they were stolen in the Newark area.. and I sed to live in NY around the NJ border.. and I think bergen county is near newark.... man it all sounds way shady.. some NJ heads shoudl go there peep the vins on the engine and run em how can there be no vins? less they were scratched off the motor?... shadiness I tell ya lol

Oh yea... and as far as I knwo there should always be a vin#?

[Modified by scmdl26, 7:50 PM 7/1/2002]
Old 07-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (scmdl26)

Ironic huh? this is right next to newark. The armpit of Jersey AND NYC.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:43 AM

I go to school with this kid...he is in my grade...I live 5 mins from him and i remember the day he got it...wouldn't stop talking **** to me how he will rip me a new a$$ with his car...I know for a fact that every itr part in that car was stolen from an itr. i even drove the car. He is lying, he didnt invest over 26k and he didnt swap the parts out of his friends yellow itr. He bought the car the way it is now..never modified it himself..He just turned 17 like 2 months ago.

[Modified by TypeR714, 8:45 PM 7/1/2002]
Old 07-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (TypeR714)

I go to school with this kid...he is in my grade...I live 5 mins from him and i remember the day he got it...wouldn't stop talking **** to me how he will rip me a new a$$ with his car...I know for a fact that every itr part in that car was stolen from an itr. i even drove the car.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:46 AM
New User

What papers could one get in a scenario like this. Meaning, if he did infact buy this setup from his friend(INSURANCE COMPANY), then he should have gotten SOME kind of document stating what he paid, ect. If he bought it straight from his FRIEND, which is how it sounds, then somebody is pulling a quick one over on the insurance company, in some way.
At the very least, he would have a salvage title for the car as issued by the state that the car was registered in. When you buy a motor from a salvage title car, the seller typically includes the donor car VIN on the receipt and/or a photocopy of the donor car title.

Andrew
Old 07-01-2002, 11:46 AM

I go to school with this kid...he is in my grade...I live 5 mins from him and i remember the day he got it...wouldn't stop talking **** to me how he will rip me a new a$$ with his car...I know for a fact that every itr part in that car was stolen from an itr. i even drove the car. He is lying, he didnt invest over 26k and he didnt swap the parts out of his friends yellow itr. He bought the car the way it is now..never modified it himself..He just turned 17 like 2 months ago.

I think u need to knock on his door with a baseball bat and break him in proper
Old 07-01-2002, 11:59 AM

I will post his address up if you want it...this kid is a fagget, skinny pos...He will get his *** beating one of these days...He talks alot of **** behind my back and I'm just waiting for the day for him to say something to my face. He doesn't have the ***** cause he knows I'll f$ck him up.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 07-01-2002, 12:51 PM

I'm willgin to do sumtin.. but yea who wants to pay for my flight i'm in cali hahah
Old 07-01-2002, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So did the 2 of you ever race?
My money would be on the other kid's car
Old 07-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea man thats sounds beyond shady.. and wasn't NJ where all these ITR were getting stolen? and I think peopel said they were stolen in the Newark area.. and I sed to live in NY around the NJ border.. and I think bergen county is near newark.... man it all sounds way shady.. some NJ heads shoudl go there peep the vins on the engine and run em how can there be no vins? less they were scratched off the motor?... shadiness I tell ya lol

Oh yea... and as far as I knwo there should always be a vin#?

[Modified by scmdl26, 7:50 PM 7/1/2002]
Not saying this motor is legit or not legit, but it's kinda shitty how you just immediately assume that it's not legit because it comes from NJ.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (Incognito)

Not saying this motor is legit or not legit, but it's kinda shitty how you just immediately assume that it's not legit because it comes from NJ.
you non-NJ people must come for a visit to newark. You will come to realize why

edit: you live in jersey dude! I would not leave my 1982 VW rabbit outside for more than 2 seconds without someone guarding it with a gun....

[Modified by Soup ****, 10:02 PM 7/1/2002]
Old 07-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would like to respond to the "armpit" comment, you dont know the state and since we have some pride im with Incognito on this one, dont hate on NJ.....it has just as many highs as lows

As far as this kid goes, post the address, im down for bringing back the old school days of high-school egg throwing.....

LSR

BTW....PA? ummmm, yeaaaaaaa......

[Modified by LSR 97, 7:24 PM 7/1/2002]
Old 07-01-2002, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious! (LSR 97)

I would like to respond to the "armpit" comment, you dont know the state and since we have some pride im with Incognito on this one, dont hate on NJ.....it has just as many highs as lows

As far as this kid goes, post the address, im down for bringing back the old school days of high-school egg throwing.....

LSR

BTW....PA? ummmm, yeaaaaaaa......

[Modified by LSR 97, 7:24 PM 7/1/2002]
I think you need to re-read the post, I said newark is the armpit of jersey, nothing about jersey itself. Sounds like you jumped the gun kid!

I don't know the state? Lol..., and YES I know newark well. My company headquarters is loacted there, I bet it's not hard to figure out which one. Don't tell me I don't know NJ, I've spent more time in it than you'd know. I've worked and lived in jersey, i'm 25mins away.

Egg throwing, great idea.

Old 07-01-2002, 08:52 PM

The car moves period. Very very quick. We have never really raced. The closest time we came to racing was when a bunch of us we're at his house, and we decided to take a ride on the parkway (right up the road from him). He put like 2 people in the back seat and 1 in the passenger and I just took 1 of my friends with me. When we pulled up to the Toll. We both stopped and then took off. I redlined first and then missed 2nd gear so I had no chance. Not that i had a chance to begin with..lol. He wasn't even driving the car, his brother was driving it.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well.. all depends on see if you want to take the risk. but the vin is there tho.

[Modified by YelLowITR, 6:11 AM 7/2/2002]

Quick Reply: Full itr setup in NJ/NYC area.... sounds suspicious!