Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Favor/request regarding a dash vin tag

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Favor/request regarding a dash vin tag

So I'm in a bit of a unique situation. I am picking up a theft recovery ITR with a rebuilt title. It is from out of state.

When it comes time to inspect in my state, any out of state vehicle requires a VIN verification prior to the initial title in state.

The car in question has the appropriate title matching VINs on the firewall stamp, door jambs, quarter panels, etc. I'm 100% confident that the car is the same as the titled car.
That said, the dash has been replaced and the dash board does not have any VIN tag. The original was drilled out and removed. See the picture below.

I am going to be adding a dash vin tag just to avoid the hassle of registration, and was wondering if someone could take a photo of the dash VIN tag rivets from a USDM R for me, or ideally a photo of the dash vin tag with a ruler showing millimeters on it for size reference.
If someone has a spare dash hanging around with a tag they wouldn't mind selling, I would pay for that to be shipped to me so I can take all the measurements I need down to the local trophy shop to produce a replica of my original VIN.

If anybody else has any other ideas on how to replicate the original dash VIN I'm open to those as well.

If you send a pic, please blur out the last #s so nobody utilizes it in a nefarious manner.

Thanks guys
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2017, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Favor/request regarding a dash vin tag

I had done same thing, used just black rivets. they're covered by dash anyway and not all vehicle manufacturers are the same anyway.
had a trophy shop make my black plate and all but yeah I did have one in hand as example