Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

DO NOT Buy JIC Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 10:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (sqwerz)

jic suspensions
Old 01-13-2004, 11:02 AM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (Apex i ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Apex i ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow that is pretty arrogant. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i guess he is right,
jic customer service
Old 01-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (Todd11)

I heard some interesting things recently I want to ask Todd11.

How OLD are these struts as of today?

How long did you have them before you reported the problem to JIC?

What is the stated warranty to which was agreed when you bought them (I don't know the answer to this but figure someone will).

Trey
Old 01-13-2004, 11:53 AM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (Asahi)

Much of that information is in my first post.
I bought them in June. They came loose immediately, so I assumed I did not get them tight enough. They came loose again so I knew there was a problem. I contacted JIC USA about two weeks after getting them.

I do not know what the warrantee is. I don't think this is a warrantee issue, it is a defective part. It did not fail from use, it never worked properly.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't think this is a warrantee issue, it is a defective part.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry but that statement just made you look like a dumbass.

-Dave, who always thought warranty's were there to cover defective parts/materials.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (Dave-ROR)

Dave
Apparently I did not explain myself very well.
I had always thought that a warrantee is premature failure during use, not defective out of the box. For example: If you buy a shirt and it has one sleeve shorter than the other, I would not call that a warrantee issue. If you buy a shirt and the sleeved fall off a month later, you have a warrantee issue. Perhaps both situations fall under warrantee. But that is just semantics.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Perhaps both situations fall under warrantee. But that is just semantics.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes that's true. A defective part "right_out_of_the_box" can usually be taken care of through warranty. This is not so in your case since you have already let JIC try to fix them with no luck. I think they really should own up to the problem and replace your defective strut. But hey, maybe that's just the way i think as a consumer who expects companies to own up to their problems and fix them.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:54 PM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (brolik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by brolik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">jic suspensions </TD></TR></TABLE>

I love my JIC FLTa2's on me ek. no problems yet
Old 01-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Rather OG

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products

Im still wondering why people buy these things over a set of koni double
adjustable shocks, which should kick the crap out of about 90-95% of jdm
setups.

Damn. Guess I have to go sell my pos suspension now. LMAO
Old 01-13-2004, 01:25 PM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (JICEK9)

Believe it or not, I am glad that some people like JIC products. Imagine how stupid I would feel for having bought it in the first place if not one person had a good experience with it. I think it is an OK product. I just think their customer service is unacceptable and if they will not stand behind their product no one will and you will be on your own like I am if you have a problem. I am sick of dealing with this problem. It is dangerous to have your front wheel that sloppy every time it comes loose. I can rock my front wheel back and forth 1/2 to 3/4". I no longer wish to have my coilovers replaced, I am done with JIC USA as a customer and do not want their stuff on my car anymore. I am sure I said this earlier, one of the locknuts stripped. I thought it was from tightening it over and over, but when I removed it, only the tips of the threads were sheared off so either the nut was too big or the strut body is too small. And after telling them that, they still refused to replace it. However Ben was happy to offer to sell me one.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Interesting.

I will get some input from my friend over @ XS Engineering. What a shame because I get a killer price on them.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (JMS JT)

wow this post keeps going huh?

i need to check on my contact at JIC to respond to this thread or at least read it...
back in socal next week, will check..
Old 01-13-2004, 01:34 PM

Have you though about contacting JIC in Japan.

Maybe they are unaware of the problems that exist here.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:54 PM

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (tonyXcom)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you though about contacting JIC in Japan.

Maybe they are unaware of the problems that exist here.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good point
Old 01-13-2004, 02:18 PM

Good idea, but... no habla Japanese
Old 01-13-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Have you though about contacting JIC in Japan.

Maybe they are unaware of the problems that exist here.</TD></TR></TABLE>
OT: i thought i was seeing **** while looking at your avatar, it actually does move, freaky
Old 01-13-2004, 02:36 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Todd11 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good idea, but... no habla Japanese</TD></TR></TABLE>
You can still email them though. I am sure someone there speaks a little english.

Everyone was complaining when the avatar talked Now its just static. It's still moving??
Old 01-13-2004, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN.R)

damn that sucks
Old 01-13-2004, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tonyXcom &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
You can still email them though. I am sure someone there speaks a little english.

Everyone was complaining when the avatar talked Now its just static. It's still moving??</TD></TR></TABLE>
yes his eyeballs are
Old 01-13-2004, 03:34 PM
New User

damn it does move! that's a bit freaky.

there has to be someone there that speaks a little bit of engrish.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

glad you made a good move. and tell you the truth, even if you talk to john(the POS owner), i can bet you will be even more pissed off. his ego is like rocky mountain high and treat anyone who is not profitable to him like ****(although you just make him richer by buying his product but its not huge enough for him to treat you right), he would proly say you did something wrong and point finger to you anyway. my first impression with him on track(big willow) is he doesn't know **** but he think he is the **** kind of guy. he personally told my friend to set the tire pressure to below 25psi hot(on P700Z street tire) because he said he did that in his race car(911 with full slick) in japan(so it must be true? good lord, my friend's car was a heavy *** VW). would you believe a guy who made the above statement that know anything about suspension setup?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:20 AM
New User

I figured I'd find this here. Allow me to share my personal experience with JIC USA, as you're not the only one who has had problems with them.

I ordered my JIC FLT-A2 coilovers for my 350Z from Gruppe-S back in June of 2003. It was advertised as a using a linear spring setup with 10kg/mm F / 12kg/mm R spring rates, blah blah blah. After patiently waiting for the box to be shipped across the country, I received my order. The box contained no parts manifest or directions, but being reasonalby tech-savy, I began to install the rear. After installing it, I called JIC with a few questions, only to find out at that time that I had the progressive setup. Instead, I was sent the progressive setup (rear spring was 10kg/mm), which at that time didn't even exist (there was no record of them on anybody's website).

Even more interesting was that JIC USA didn't even know what the exact differences between the two setups were. They had absolutely no idea if the dampers were different. Way to know the product you import and supposedly can repair / customize.

Unfortunately, their no return policy was in effect, so I was stuck with a suspension that I hadn't originally ordered. To make a long story short, a guy at JIC named Kevin Wentzel said he knew of a customer who had the linear setup and was willing to swap with me. So I paid the $50-60 and shipped it back to CA. After a week, I received a call from JIC saying they had received my coilovers, but didn't know why I had sent the box to them. I explained the situation, and they said that Kevin "no longer worked for them" (in retrospect he probably got fired for trying to make things right), and that they knew nothing of this exchange.

Then the finger pointing began. My point was that I was the customer, and between JIC and Gruppe-S, they needed to make it right and send me the right suspension, that's all I was asking. After several days of heated phone calls, they offered to sell me a second suspension at cost, but I had to sell the one I sent to them, which was somewhere in CA. Luckily, I found a buyer in San Francisco within a two days.

So I had been told that the suspension had been shipped from Zeal (JIC USA) up to Gruppe-S, where my buyer was going to pick up the suspension. He showed up only to find no package, as JIC hadn't sent it! So I called JIC, and they acknowledged they hadn't released the package b/c they had located the customer of theirs who wanted to swap suspensions. Thanks for telling me jerk-offs! I demanded that the suspension be sent up to SF, as I had already accepted the PayPal order, and they complied.

Buyer received his JICs, and I received my new suspension, so I broke even financially (minus shipping costs, time, and mental energy). Upon opening the box, there were no adjustment tools and no rubber grommets for the rear spring. Again, I called JIC to explain to them, and I was told "everything was packaged in Japan, so Gruppe-S must have taken them out." However, I could tell the original tape was still on the box, so it had never been opened and resealed. After two weeks of fighting back and forth between myself and JIC, I finally got notification that the missing parts were being sent to me.

Upon receipt of my new package (which took a week to get here, where's their sense of urgency?), only the rubber perches were present. No tools. At this point, I'd given up.

Don't get me wrong, I love the suspension. But the entire process of getting it right (which took about 10 weeks from when I ordered until when I received my rubber perches) was an absolute nightmare.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (John)

That's awful but IMO Gruppe-S should've taken care of it.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:42 AM
New User

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (JMS JT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JMS JT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's awful but IMO Gruppe-S should've taken care of it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps, but JIC USA never notified anybody that there was another version available, and there were no markings on the box that distinguished the two. Plus, since I had already installed it, they refused to accept a return.
Old 01-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DO NOT Buy JIC Products (John)

I'm beginning to get very nervous about my recent JIC purchase....

Quick Reply: DO NOT Buy JIC Products