Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (streetdreams02)

Correct, Hondata and Uberdata are stand alone systems.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Haleiwa-Brando)

I don't understand. Hondata and uberdata are not neccessarily standalone units. Its a chipped ecu that runs different maps. I thinking a real standalone unit was more like a AEM EMS unit that actually fully replaces the stock ECU.

What i'm more interested in is what Uberdata or Honda can offer me vs. my emanage. Both can control ignition, injectors, boost, vtec, and datalog. But the Emange unit does all this w/o converting to ODBI.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 08-23-2004, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: chillin in that city called queen creek, but homes the atl
Default Re: (julow)

yeah i curious to know what does the emanage do
Old 08-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

now i get to see how good this uberdata stuff is just got my moates burner
Old 08-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: (julow)

To be specific, the ECU is the stand alone Unit. Uberdata and chrome are the front end software which allow you to modify the ECU code. The EMS Unit is mearly a replacement ECU which using the EMS software allows you to modify the ecu code and tune. Of Course the EMS is 1200$.
Total spent to date:
Replacement ECU (OBD-1 P28) 80$
ECU OBD1-OBD2 B jumper Harness 80$ Jdmshit.com
chipping hardware (all chips, resistors zif sockets and 2 eeproms) 14$ Moates.net
Chip Burner (Burn1) 90$ moates.net
nokia data cable for data logging(on clearence at radio shack ) 10.63$
1 hour dyno time on P-1 dyno 80$
$ 354.63
only thing i need which i will be ordering this week is the wideband and controller 300$
I am still way ahead of the game as far as an EMS or full hondata system and with the wideband i will be able to street tune the new motor, new cams and other to come.
An annoyance has in fact been a bouncy idle when cold, but a possible solution is to sandwich a piece of thin plastic between the intake and the IVAC which will seal it off from the air flow, which i have heard tricks it into thinking all is good. I plan on trying that this weekend.
Overall, using the tables was very easy, adding/subtracting fuel is cake at any throttle position using simple math. If you want to increase fuel at wot for example, highlight the RPM range that A/f was too low and if you want to add 5% fuel, type 105 (for 105% additional) then hit apply. The values will change and then do another pull to check A/F again.
Having a burner hooked up to the laptop right next to the car made it very easy to make a change, burn a chip and swap chips into the ecu. I had the ECU on the floormat and it took all of 2 minutes for any given change. I always kept the last chip swapped with the old map on it to be able to go back 1 step if something didnt look right.
I sent a cable to Christian (danishR) he plans on using Uber and will be doing datalogging and tuning in the next couple of weeks. I hope he adds more to this thread with his results. I will continue to update as i make changes and will post up if i fix the IVAC idle issue.
Feel free to IM me if anyone has any questions or needs my base map

Tim
Old 08-23-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlapSmak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlapSmak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be specific, the ECU is the stand alone Unit. Uberdata and chrome are the front end software which allow you to modify the ECU code. The EMS Unit is mearly a replacement ECU which using the EMS software allows you to modify the ecu code and tune. Of Course the EMS is 1200$.
Total spent to date:
Replacement ECU (OBD-1 P28) 80$
ECU OBD1-OBD2 B jumper Harness 80$ Jdmshit.com
chipping hardware (all chips, resistors zif sockets and 2 eeproms) 14$ Moates.net
Chip Burner (Burn1) 90$ moates.net
nokia data cable for data logging(on clearence at radio shack ) 10.63$
1 hour dyno time on P-1 dyno 80$
$ 354.63
only thing i need which i will be ordering this week is the wideband and controller 300$
I am still way ahead of the game as far as an EMS or full hondata system and with the wideband i will be able to street tune the new motor, new cams and other to come.
An annoyance has in fact been a bouncy idle when cold, but a possible solution is to sandwich a piece of thin plastic between the intake and the IVAC which will seal it off from the air flow, which i have heard tricks it into thinking all is good. I plan on trying that this weekend.
Overall, using the tables was very easy, adding/subtracting fuel is cake at any throttle position using simple math. If you want to increase fuel at wot for example, highlight the RPM range that A/f was too low and if you want to add 5% fuel, type 105 (for 105% additional) then hit apply. The values will change and then do another pull to check A/F again.
Having a burner hooked up to the laptop right next to the car made it very easy to make a change, burn a chip and swap chips into the ecu. I had the ECU on the floormat and it took all of 2 minutes for any given change. I always kept the last chip swapped with the old map on it to be able to go back 1 step if something didnt look right.
I sent a cable to Christian (danishR) he plans on using Uber and will be doing datalogging and tuning in the next couple of weeks. I hope he adds more to this thread with his results. I will continue to update as i make changes and will post up if i fix the IVAC idle issue.
Feel free to IM me if anyone has any questions or needs my base map

Tim</TD></TR></TABLE>
pmed u
Old 08-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Absolutely. I'll post some impressions and dyno runs. So far, I have only been experimenting a bit, and I agree. It is very easy to use. You just need to datalog to tune part-throttle, or else you have no idea where in the fuel table the car is running. It is not easy to know if you are at 40% og 55% throttle.
I have not had any idle issues with the Uberdata base maps I have tried running. Are you sure it is a Uberdata related problem?

Christian
Old 08-24-2004, 02:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (DanishR)

have you tried unplugging the .......... ok...at 3:30am and I haven't driven my R in about 7months...I can't remember the name of the plug.

It is the one directly behind the intake manifold right on the firewall with the rubber bushing.

I had issues with idling when I first got my hondata setup because the P28 ....... wait....is it the purge valve solenoid?? The P28 didn't control this valve and as a result had a huge vac. leak till the car got passed the warm up/high idle stage.

Old 08-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Haleiwa-Brando)

bump
Old 08-24-2004, 03:36 PM

Default Re: (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have you tried unplugging the .......... ok...at 3:30am and I haven't driven my R in about 7months...I can't remember the name of the plug.

It is the one directly behind the intake manifold right on the firewall with the rubber bushing.

I had issues with idling when I first got my hondata setup because the P28 ....... wait....is it the purge valve solenoid?? The P28 didn't control this valve and as a result had a huge vac. leak till the car got passed the warm up/high idle stage.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, evap purge solenoid. Seems to be the root of all evil on obd2 cars with hondata/uberdata.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (743power)

hes right
Old 08-24-2004, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to chime in here, I have been running CROME for about a year now, and have set up about 8 other cars with it locally and a few friends in California. Nobody has had a single issue with it and everybody has made more power. Personally, on my mildly built GSR, I went from 178/129 to 188/133 from a tuned VAFC to a tuned CROME setup. It is easy as hell to do and cheap and works better than anything else out there, since it is exactly as Honda intended it all to work. CROME/Uberdata/Turboedit all own any piggyback unit(including Emanage).
Old 08-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nfn15037)

but which is better crome or uberdata
Old 08-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to read up more on Crome/Uberdata.... I guess my searching skills suck on pgmfi

Do either of these systems have MAP activated VTEC?

The older Hondata and I believe the older Uberdata used switch only....meaning it doesn't matter if you are part throttle to say 5700rpm, VTEC will come on anyway....while the newer hondata S100/S200 has the ability to identify that you are not WOT and will actually keep the VteCH y0! from hitting.....

Any crome/uberdata tuners wanna chime in?
Old 08-25-2004, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

where ever vtec is set at is where it comes on at
Old 08-25-2004, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been trying to read up more on Crome/Uberdata.... I guess my searching skills suck on pgmfi </TD></TR></TABLE>

Click this link...register...go ape ****.

http://www.ecimulti.org/uberdata/forum/index.php
Old 08-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I will dissconnect and give it a shot..
Old 08-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SlapSmak)

slap don't forget about me man
Old 08-27-2004, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetdreams02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but which is better crome or uberdata</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is no "better". They are both equally good. You just have to way the functions of each and decide for yourself.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by streetdreams02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where ever vtec is set at is where it comes on at </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've been trying to read up more on Crome/Uberdata.... I guess my searching skills suck on pgmfi

Do either of these systems have MAP activated VTEC?

The older Hondata and I believe the older Uberdata used switch only....meaning it doesn't matter if you are part throttle to say 5700rpm, VTEC will come on anyway....while the newer hondata S100/S200 has the ability to identify that you are not WOT and will actually keep the VteCH y0! from hitting.....

Any crome/uberdata tuners wanna chime in? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes!! Both CROME and Uberdata now have multiple VTEC points, meaning you can set part thrpttle VTEC, just like OEM baby!

IMO, this is the very best/simplest/fairly flexible engine management available...and it comes stock with your Honda
Old 08-31-2004, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sent...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:12 PM
476 whp / 323 tq @ 17 PSI

Default Re: DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata (SlapSmak)

for this post
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata (integra_LSR)

nub question here.. ...

ok i have the socked ecu with conversion harness. that i was gonna put my RM chip ( hondada basemap or something?) that came with my RM cam package..
Q: what kind of chip (base map?) do i need to run uberdata?
what else do i need to complete this set up if i'm not gonna do any tuning myself.gonna take it to dyno + tune place to tune it.
do i need different chip or can i still use the RM chip as a basemap? they putin like my setup.. like 310cc injectors and compression ratio .. not sure. but. u get the idea

Modified by itr1244 at 12:10 AM 12/13/2005
Old 12-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata (itr1244)

anybody? somebody? nobody?
Old 12-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata (itr1244)

u guys suck

Quick Reply: DIY ECU tuning via Uberdata and or Crome VS. Hondata