Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok?

I just purchased JDM Center Console for a DC2 and was looking at the parts I just received.

I noticed that the defroster button next to the emergency lights button on the Climate Control didn't click in like the emergency button does. The mergency lights button snaps in when you push it, but the defroster just kind goes in with force and doesn't click in...(Does this make any sense to you all?)

Is my part broken? Will I be able to replace it with the stock defroster button on the USDM DC2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm already a bit upset because the guy just dumped all the parts into a box without wrapping them and there's a crack on the air vent...In any case, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and look forward to some help

Old 01-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is that it's broken. You can remove the button and look at the back of it to tell for sure. And IIRC you can use the US one to replace it. Hell I may still have mine I could give you. I'll have to look and see if I still have it.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok? (daonei)

does the little yellow light come on when you push it? if so, it's working. it shouldn't go in like the emergency light button. i could be wrong b/c i don't have my R with me at work right now, but i'm pretty sure that's the way it is.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:30 PM
jBj
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok? (daonei)

The defrost button doesnt stay clicked in, you know it is on when the light is on/off.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok? (jBj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jBj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The defrost button doesnt stay clicked in, you know it is on when the light is on/off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, the defrost button should spring back to it's original position when depressed - it's the light in the middle of the button that indicates whether the defroster is on or off.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: defroster button doesn't click in like emergency lights button...is this ok? (Mugen Mike)

Thanks all. Looking at the past two posts, it seems like the defroster button is supposed to pop back up if I don't press on it. I guess I'll know when I install it and see if the light switch comes on or not. In any case, I'll test it once I pick up my DC2 and if it works, it works. If it doesn't...well...screw the guy who sold it to me =P

And how much does it usually cost to get this all replaced (along with cigarette lighter/ash tray, cup holder, air vent, and shift boot/center console)???? I would challenge it on my own, but I don't want to have any loose ends or screws and have a perfectly clean car fall apart =P

Thanks and again, any and all comments and suggestions would be appreciated