Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 07:37 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: (GO-FIGHT-KILL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GO-FIGHT-KILL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Same thing almost happened to me at turn 10.</TD></TR></TABLE>

South Bend is absolutely the worst place to go off at VIR.

Kleinubing went off there after late apexing and he rolled his DC2 ITR all the way down the hill on the way to Oak Tree.

He still won the race the next day, but only after his team kept everybody up all night hammering things back into shape. And only God knows what wind shield they put in there and how they held it in.

Anyway...very, very bad place to go off.

It's an early apex, even to the point that you're cutting over the gater on the left.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, yeah, it didn't look like it would be a good place to go off.

I was just blipping the brake in the straight section, and going in WOT in fourth veering to right track on exit. It did well, I only got a little 'squirrelly' once, and that was my car telling me to back it off a bit.

That's a fun turn though.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GO-FIGHT-KILL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GO-FIGHT-KILL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damn, yeah, it didn't look like it would be a good place to go off.

I was just blipping the brake in the straight section, and going in WOT in fourth veering to right track on exit. It did well, I only got a little 'squirrelly' once, and that was my car telling me to back it off a bit.

That's a fun turn though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the one time I got loose there was because I didnt get the car settled early enough for turn in. learned my lesson there for sure.

nice location dont make me add you to the roll a thon list
Old 06-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

Kevin I'll have to check this out later, no video watching at work sucks

It was nice meeting you and carvaning, enjoy those mats
Old 06-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
nice location dont make me add you to the roll a thon list </TD></TR></TABLE>

.....added
Old 06-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

South Bend is absolutely the worst place to go off at VIR.

Kleinubing went off there after late apexing and he rolled his DC2 ITR all the way down the hill on the way to Oak Tree.

He still won the race the next day, but only after his team kept everybody up all night hammering things back into shape. And only God knows what wind shield they put in there and how they held it in.

Anyway...very, very bad place to go off.

It's an early apex, even to the point that you're cutting over the gater on the left.</TD></TR></TABLE>
So true, GK. I went off there last year to the inside at 100+mph. I had visions of Kleinubing's roll at that very spot. I ended up locking my arms in place and kept myself in a straight line in the grass until I could get "whoa'd down." I considered myself lucky that day.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (George Knighton)

Moveover....problem is you were NOT on throttle at turn-in.....in a fwd you can never coast at turn in....you must alway have throttle input at turn in!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

LOL! That off there at the roller coaster looked just like one of my off's. I went off there and 2 at Turn 1! Post up more Vids!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Moveover....problem is you were NOT on throttle at turn-in.....in a fwd you can never coast at turn in....you must alway have throttle input at turn in! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, sometimes... Go full throttle exactly when you turn into T1, T4, and roller coster, and you will find yourself off the other side of the track.

You know what I mean Chad...

In this situation, yes, you should have been flat on the throttle in the esses!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:36 AM

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (MOVE OVER)

awsome video! i usually only look at **** when i'm watching video's online, but this was almost as good. you lookd really quick in the 3rd video through the S's! wtg. hawt car too!
Old 06-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
nice location dont make me add you to the roll a thon list </TD></TR></TABLE>

Come to think of it, Joradn needs to graduate from novice before we can roll him.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Comp97GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Comp97GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Come to think of it, Joradn needs to graduate from novice before we can roll him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-13-2008, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Comp97GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Come to think of it, Joradn needs to graduate from novice before we can roll him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

j00 and Ryan better watch all this **** talkin, I'll be in Intermediate next year on yoo's asses waiting for the finger
Old 06-13-2008, 10:30 AM

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (chad)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chad &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Moveover....problem is you were NOT on throttle at turn-in.....in a fwd you can never coast at turn in....you must alway have throttle input at turn in! </TD></TR></TABLE>

was wondering when someone was going to correct his problem. after you drove straight thru the second uphill ess part, you should have never lifted right before the right hand turn, stay in the gas. if i was working that corner station, i would make you buy me a new pair of boxers.

you would have murked him
Old 06-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (paRRRker)

LOL @ Parker.

Kevin, now that we are getting all this great feedback, show the line the "in over his head/should be in novice" was following right before your incident.

Modified by Comp97GSR at 6:33 PM 6/13/2008
Old 06-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jgirard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jgirard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

j00 and Ryan better watch all this **** talkin, I'll be in Intermediate next year on yoo's asses waiting for the finger </TD></TR></TABLE>

You have to pass at least one car in novice before you are bumped up. Maybe you can try again next year.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ LMAO.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have to pass at least one car in novice before you are bumped up. Maybe you can try again next year. </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL you probably didn't even watch or know I was out there
Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap, i never knew it was that "exciting" lol.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (MOVE OVER)

Eleanor used to have a 26mm rear sway on his hatch and it caused the rear end to snap out WAY to easily on his hatch at VIR. He's since changed it back to a 22mm and it handles much better now IMO.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol @ instigator john.

I made sure those front wheels were pulling me the whole way through those esses and didnt lift til right before braking to settle the car for the left hander at the top. The first couple sessions I wasnt sure how fast I could actually get through there but speedo said around 110ish by the end of day one.

I keep watching that video and just think damn, that was one hell of a ride. I would have shat myself. Does anyone think going through the dirt also might have played a part in this spin? nearly every time I came through the esses there would be a cloud of dust floating around and I always wondered if there were any slick spots or if ppl were getting **** on the tires through the last right hander at the top of the esses (where keven actually lost it).
Old 06-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (96 SOHC VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 96 SOHC VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eleanor used to have a 26mm rear sway on his hatch and it caused the rear end to snap out WAY to easily on his hatch at VIR. He's since changed it back to a 22mm and it handles much better now IMO.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL Knowing that makes our conversations in car make a little more sense now.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (Comp97GSR)

LOL Knowing that makes our conversations in car make a little more sense now. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ha. Yah, we both didn't like it because the car just wouldn't turn and if it DID turn it snapped. I was Mike's co-driver btw and I'm not sure if I met you or not. Glad you got signed off and enjoyed VIR.

Old 06-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good lord son! You were way off line coming in from passing other car and didn't lift until it was way too late. Hopefully a lesson learned since you didn't hit anything. Next time back off the gas some before you turn in. May have been able to get back on line
Old 06-13-2008, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR (o-man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by o-man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good lord son! You were way off line coming in from passing other car and didn't lift until it was way too late. Hopefully a lesson learned since you didn't hit anything. Next time back off the gas some before you turn in. May have been able to get back on line</TD></TR></TABLE>

Finally someone who agrees with what I told Kevin. He did the same thing last year passing me there except the *** just stepped out a bit.

Quick Reply: In car video of spin and off from Monday before adjusting the suspension. VIR