Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Cali Itrs: Smog

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cali Itrs: Smog

For those of you with Modded Itr's 00/01 especially since they plug in an obd2 connection inside the vehicle. I need some suggestions.

I need to smog for renewal. I currently have a JG head, stage 1 skunk cams, hondata, 310 injectors, dtr header, hi flow cat, 2.5 piping/exhaust.

Would just swapping to stock ecu and header/cat/b-pipe and resetting my cam timing be sufficient enough to pass? This is with the new Dynometer smog test.

Any other modded Itrs in the same predicament? Please post or PM me with more information if you could help me out somehow. Thanks.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

imo the best bet would be to find someone around your age to try and smog it, slip him $50-$100 and ask him to hook it up. that'd be alot of work for you to do if you had to change all of those AM parts just to smog, and switch them back.

for some reason my car legally passes smog with no cat, 2.5" SS piping and alot of internal goodies
Old 12-25-2003, 10:30 AM
What would Chente do?

Default Re: Cali Itrs: Smog (Rhetoric)

If your going to go thru all that trouble putting it back -somewhat- to stock then i'll do as much as i can to help you out. Not gonna do anything too crazy to risk my job but a little bending of the rules won't hurt.

Hey, what does your renewal letter say. Not time to smog my 00' yet but i was curious as to whether or not it had to be done at a test only place. That emissions letter they sent out some time ago had me wondering if the EPA/CARB people would flag our cars for "test only"/referee status.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN.R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN.R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo the best bet would be to find someone around your age to try and smog it, slip him $50-$100 and ask him to hook it up. that'd be alot of work for you to do if you had to change all of those AM parts just to smog, and switch them back.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Great attitude. Just cheat your way through it. While you're at it, have the same friend pick all the parts off your car and call it a theft, sell all your parts and get a big check for the loss of the car.... why not? Tis the season, lets screw everyone.

To be helpful.... I'd just swap the stuff back. I'm sure its a lot of work, which sucks, but I personally would rather pass the right way.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:38 AM

Default Re: (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To be helpful.... I'd just swap the stuff back. I'm sure its a lot of work, which sucks, but I personally would rather pass the right way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. Just switch back to stock whatever you can, because the new Dyno smog in Cali will be a lot harder to pass then the old smog system. Smart people; they're now checking the exhaust gases with a load on the vehicle. Sucks to be us though.
Old 12-25-2003, 10:51 AM
What would Chente do?

Default Re: (sjracer)

Well, believe it or not more cars failed the old way...two speed idle test. From my experience anyway, not too many failed cars as of late.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN.R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">imo the best bet would be to find someone around your age to try and smog it, slip him $50-$100 and ask him to hook it up. that'd be alot of work for you to do if you had to change all of those AM parts just to smog, and switch them back.

for some reason my car legally passes smog with no cat, 2.5" SS piping and alot of internal goodies</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dunno about NV..but in CA it doesnt work like that, not any more at least. They are cracking down on illegal smog..and if you think $50-100 is gonna get it done..you're way off. IF and thats a bit IF, you can find someone to do it illegally they will want $200+.

Just Take a day put it back to stock, smog it, and take another day to put everything back on, thats what im probably going to do.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rhetoric &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I currently have a JG head, stage 1 skunk cams, hondata, 310 injectors, dtr header, hi flow cat, 2.5 piping/exhaust.

Would just swapping to stock ecu and header/cat/b-pipe and resetting my cam timing be sufficient enough to pass? This is with the new Dynometer smog test. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Simply swapping out the Hondata for a stock ECU isn't going to work unless you're also going to take out the injector resistor pack and put the stock injectors and clips back ...

You've got some serious considerations to contend with in just that respect.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Great attitude. Just cheat your way through it. While you're at it, have the same friend pick all the parts off your car and call it a theft, sell all your parts and get a big check for the loss of the car.... why not? Tis the season, lets screw everyone.

To be helpful.... I'd just swap the stuff back. I'm sure its a lot of work, which sucks, but I personally would rather pass the right way.</TD></TR></TABLE>

who the **** is talking about insurance fraud? you *******. and no one is getting screwed over for a cheat smog, wtf are you thinking? are you concerened about your health or something? or is it the government you're concerend about? take whatever it is out of your *** and have a Merry Christmas! fob
Old 12-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know anyone with a modified vehicle that passes the so called "right" way. me personally dont give a damn. just try to pass ur car in any means necessary. even if its giving up 200 bucks. saves me time and effort. my friend slipped 100 bucks to some dude like 2 months ago and he didn't even have to put his car on the machine. lol
Old 12-25-2003, 04:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN.R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

who the **** is talking about insurance fraud? you *******. and no one is getting screwed over for a cheat smog, wtf are you thinking? are you concerened about your health or something? or is it the government you're concerend about? take whatever it is out of your *** and have a Merry Christmas! fob</TD></TR></TABLE>
take it easy. He was only telling you what you should do. Tis not the season for being nasty.
I am sure you wouldn't say that to someone unless it was the internet. Tell that to his face. Its much more enjoyable to see how someone reacts
Old 12-25-2003, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Red@10k)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Red@10k &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dont know anyone with a modified vehicle that passes the so called "right" way. me personally dont give a damn. just try to pass ur car in any means necessary. even if its giving up 200 bucks. saves me time and effort. my friend slipped 100 bucks to some dude like 2 months ago and he didn't even have to put his car on the machine. lol </TD></TR></TABLE>
seems like this is a big no-no to these gosu H-T Integra Type-R forum guru snobs that think thier **** don't stink no offense to anyone but there are some people on this board that act like that. there's not a damn thing wrong with cheating on a smog, and there's no comparison to it as far as insurance frauding goes, wtf made him say this?

and yeah the internet is internet, but the people who know me know that i'd say anything in person that i would on here.

Chris N you have issues dude, take it easy and lighten up
Old 12-25-2003, 07:54 PM

whats wrong with sliping some one a 50 if your car is not smog legal than drivng your car is not doing the right thing
Old 12-26-2003, 02:13 AM

anyone stopped to think a minute?

cheating smog...what does that really mean?

you try really hard to get your car to pass smog and then the next day you put all your mods back on after it passes...

slip the guy some cash...it will save you the time and effort
Old 12-26-2003, 04:03 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Whats wrong w/ cheating smog? There are places that do it for a living for extra cash.

Rhetoric hit me up if you wanna pass smog. You give me the papers, with in a week I'll get them back all done and ready to go.

It'll cost you a bit but just PM me for a price. I don't consider it too steep, me and all my buddies take our cars there.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow look here, we have HUMAN ITR owners, imagine that