Default Re: Best way to get 250whp?

Originally Posted by shahriar35
Shoot buy mine!
Are you selling your itr?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the price is right then I will. Considering the car makes 236lbs and 180lbft at 8.5lbs of boost. All that is needed for a nice increase in power is Kamakazie header and bigger exhaust. So you will be within your 250 range.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot buy mine!
You really considering selling after all the work you put in it? OP that's a nice car. Echoing what he said all it needs is a Kami header, 2.5" exhaust, up the boost a bit and a retune. 245-260 WHP will be yours.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why stop at 250.. why not 260,270 or even 300...
Old 01-13-2012, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the price is right then I will. Considering the car makes 236lbs and 180lbft at 8.5lbs of boost. All that is needed for a nice increase in power is Kamakazie header and bigger exhaust. So you will be within your 250 range.
It sounds like an awesome car. What color is it? I'm looking for CW. But anyway I have to sell my car first lol. Anyone want an '06 STI crystal grey metallic with 40,800k and basically all stock except for stronger anti-roll bars?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

ENDYN supercharger.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by importfan2
Why stop at 250.. why not 260,270 or even 300...
I'd say the same but with the Jackson after about 270 you kinda hit a wall. Unless you want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a full build and by then I'd say sell the SC and piece a turbo kit together for far cheaper and make 325-350 easily.

If anyone knows the ins and outs of the Jackson kit it would be the guys at LHT. I think his name is Steve and I've talked to him years ago. Really polite and very informative. 290-300 WHP can be done but at that point I don't think it would be reliable as a DD. My $.02.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by HYREV2NR
I'd say the same but with the Jackson after about 270 you kinda hit a wall. Unless you want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a full build and by then I'd say sell the SC and piece a turbo kit together for far cheaper and make 325-350 easily.

If anyone knows the ins and outs of the Jackson kit it would be the guys at LHT. I think his name is Steve and I've talked to him years ago. Really polite and very informative. 290-300 WHP can be done but at that point I don't think it would be reliable as a DD. My $.02.
Just checked out the LHT website, looks like they do know a lot about superchargers, they've got air/water intercoolers, headers, and heat exchanger which all sound awesome.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Their intercooling system I personally don't think is worth the $$ but is is a beautiful sight to look at I must say. There's one guy on this forum that spent a lot on that system with the heat exchanger and ended up removing it because he couldn't stop the car from over heating when racing.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Their intercooling system I personally don't think is worth the $$ but is is a beautiful sight to look at I must say. There's one guy on this forum that spent a lot on that system with the heat exchanger and ended up removing it because he couldn't stop the car from over heating when racing.
this is one of the reasons i went turbo when it was time to get more than stock hp levels. it's expensive, probably stupid but does give you the ability to track the car and make 300whp
Old 01-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
this is one of the reasons i went turbo when it was time to get more than stock hp levels. it's expensive, probably stupid but does give you the ability to track the car and make 300whp

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is interesting, and seems ironic.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You really considering selling after all the work you put in it? OP that's a nice car. Echoing what he said all it needs is a Kami header, 2.5" exhaust, up the boost a bit and a retune. 245-260 WHP will be yours.
I would only if the price is right. Considering all the time and money I have put into the car. It has to be someone that knows and understands a ITR well enough to appreciate its capability. Plus my eyes are stuck on a Porsche 928 S4
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would only if the price is right. Considering all the time and money I have put into the car. It has to be someone that knows and understands a ITR well enough to appreciate its capability. Plus my eyes are stuck on a Porsche 928 S4
What color is the itr?
Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 PM
Accident Prone

Todd00: He could buy a higher mileage ITR that needs an engine rebuild (saves money by buying a cheaper car and putting the extra money into the engine). Not everyone who wants more power out of an ITR is looking to buy a bone stock, low mileage one you know

When I have enough money to do my pipe dream build, I'm going to buy a 200k mileage, salvage title ITR shell, rip everything out and throw in the most advanced SH-AWD drivetrain under it. Is that sacrilege? The car was already "dead" at that point.

dave7: shah's ITR is PY.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I can testify to that never seen IAT's climb so quickly on a car that was boosted..unless it was a jackson sc..

What about the rotrex sc? not to sure if the b series kit has been released... but imo end of the day turbo with a good cooling system and it can be done.. I have plenty of friend who have tracked on hot AZ summer tracks and never over heated and running 91 octane.. an efficient cooling system and oil cooler to keep down those temps and should be fine..
Old 01-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Just a n00b
Todd00: He could buy a higher mileage ITR that needs an engine rebuild (saves money by buying a cheaper car and putting the extra money into the engine). Not everyone who wants more power out of an ITR is looking to buy a bone stock, low mileage one you know

When I have enough money to do my pipe dream build, I'm going to buy a 200k mileage, salvage title ITR shell, rip everything out and throw in the most advanced SH-AWD drivetrain under it. Is that sacrilege? The car was already "dead" at that point.

Thanks for answering for me
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's cool, I'm def looking for CW though. I had a '01 S4 avant imola yellow which was cool but not looking for another Y car.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you do sell it I'm glad to see you want it to go to an individual that appreciates an R for what it is. As for the S4, haha I've driven several of those over the years and they're awesome!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by importfan2
I can testify to that never seen IAT's climb so quickly on a car that was boosted..unless it was a jackson sc..

What about the rotrex sc? not to sure if the b series kit has been released... but imo end of the day turbo with a good cooling system and it can be done.. I have plenty of friend who have tracked on hot AZ summer tracks and never over heated and running 91 octane.. an efficient cooling system and oil cooler to keep down those temps and should be fine..

You are so correct about the intake temps.

As far as the Rotrex SC, they do make good power but the A/C has to be removed in order to place the blower where the A/C compressor once was. I've said this a thousand times in the past, there's no way I'm removing my A/C for something like that period! Drive around here during a humid Alabama summer and you'll see what I'm talking about. If I had a "track only" car then fine, rip it out but, if I'm going to drive it around on the street then no way! Call me a wuss or spoiled but I'm keeping my R iced down on the inside for summer.

I've had boosted dreams for a long time since my
SC but the more I think about it N/A + gearing is looking real good to me.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I said I don't want a title!

I thought my example of a 100K '98 R *was* high mileage. Is it not anymore?

And even a clapped out ITR with 150K+ is going to demand $7500 or so, and that'll probably include a body that needs some work (rust, dents, de-ricing, etc) and everything on the suspension and mechanicals will need a 100% going-through (bushings, brakes, etc).

There is no "cheap" ITR unless you are prepared to do a lot of work/spend a lot of time yourself.

OP has yet to prove to me why he thinks he needs an ITR vs a normal Integra.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
I thought my example of a 100K '98 R *was* high mileage. Is it not anymore?

And even a clapped out ITR with 150K+ is going to demand $7500 or so, and that'll probably include a body that needs some work (rust, dents, de-ricing, etc) and everything on the suspension and mechanicals will need a 100% going-through (bushings, brakes, etc).

There is no "cheap" ITR unless you are prepared to do a lot of work/spend a lot of time yourself.

OP has yet to prove to me why he thinks he needs an ITR vs a normal Integra.
LOL I have nothing to prove to ya, I just love ITRs. I prefer low mileage ones so that the components are in good condition, and its easier to sell down the road.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Accident Prone

So...because Type-R?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dave7
LOL I have nothing to prove to ya, I just love ITRs.
You don't have to prove why you need an ITR to anyone. If you have the $$ and it's your dream car then go for it. I just ask as a fellow R owner that you choose your modifications carefully and do your best to keep her safe. Do it your way but, do it the right way.

Quick Reply: Best way to get 250whp?