Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Attn: NewYorkTyper

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2001, 06:45 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (NewYorkTypeR)

Hey NewYorkTyper you should think about getting a Apexi S-AFC. I took my buddy (2000 IS300) to this shop (few days ago) in Brooklyn to buy, installed, test and tune the S-AFC. It definately feel alot stronger thru-out the powerband. I would say 10-25 hp (compliments intake & exhaust) increase from the butt dyno, very obvious and his is a auto. The S-AFC fits right in back of the ashtray - perfect fit and not noticeable from outside. Costs about $375 plus $125 tune and install.
Old 10-05-2001, 07:00 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (nyoneway)

Definately a possibility on the s-afc but will wait til after the winter b/c thats when I'll probably get an exhaust. I'm ordering a intake either today or the beginning of next week.

Thanks Mike for the link. I wont file a complaint til this guy becomes real fishy. Dont want to cry wolf right away.

[Modified by NewYorkTypeR, 4:02 PM 10/5/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 07:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey fellas,

just got an opportunity to check in,
so whats going on, anybody make contact with this guy yet

NEWYORKTYPER, this guy is DEFINATELY a little off
look at what he is selling, especially the suspension and doors
it would not be so suspicious, if he actually owned a type R was was just selling the front clip, he could've gone JDM

but the suspension and doors, come on
how many of us type R owners need or would have an extra suspension swap and extra doors lying around

than there are the airbags

all this stuff is a theifs parts list
Old 10-05-2001, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (Dave-ROR)

Well I for one Do know Mario and a bunch of us R-Speed guys do too "H-Pimp, and David NYC." And I want scum sucking AssH*le theives to get what they deserve. I had the experience of losing my first R and It wasn't a good feeling! I understand Marios feelings and position and wish the best for him and hope that for his sake it's NOT his stuff but I also hope that this gets resolved, for him and for our satisfaction.

I also Emailed this guy and inquired about the ECU, Airbags and Lights. Lets see what happens.

Anton
Old 10-05-2001, 08:07 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (1GreyTeg)

well I didn't see the doors for sale but mine where left on my car. Also both bumpers and tail lights. Very weird. Also my car had a honda four lug suspension on it. I think it had those old four door accord rims.
Old 10-05-2001, 08:49 AM

This seller is from Queens. All I know of is a total of 4 PYs in Queens. And the junk yard is in Flushing, on Roosevelt Ave.
Anyone found out of any info and need direction of Queens places, let me know.

The 4 PYs are from

- Bayside - White dude (park outside all the time)
- Elmhurst - Hispanic dude ( last time seen...two weeks ago, also park ouside at night)
- Flushing - Hispanic dude ( always park behind Flushing High school with two rims in the back oem white rims)
- The other one is mine.

Queens is a dangerous place for our cars...I've seen PY painted Civics with oem gunmetal rim. I've seen fully PY-R converted 4-door LS....that' right! 4 - door painted Yellow and gunmetal rims! And the TypeR sticker is not even in a straight line with a tiny exaust tube. All of these are seen in Flushing BTW....
Old 10-05-2001, 10:05 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (nEoMuGen)

The Corona yards isn't a good source for late model Honda parts. Most parts for imports are found in the Middle Village yards. Nonetheless neither place had "ITR" specific parts (I asked for a 5 lug conversion). That was last week when I was looking for some parts for the del slo.

I know three more PY's in Queens, excluding those you listed. One in Jackson Heights, South Ozone Park, and Briarwood.

Flushing and C-town are rice city central. Bayside too sometimes. Did you see the white teg with the "triple headlight" mod and the six foot tall spoiler in Flushing?
Old 10-05-2001, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (redblues)

Hmm..I have seen a some Zeal kit teg....that gives me the chill down to my spinal cord. I've seen the three-light conversion, not sure if it's on a white car...I felt like puting a post-it note on that car saying : " just go buy a Tiburon."
Flushing is rice-cty. But...I do prefer seeing some cute Asian Rice-girls drive some rice Civic or Preludes with cartoon characters on their dashboard.

You sold your R for the RX-7 yet? Hope you didn't and just simply debadged the R and wingless it.

[Modified by nEoMuGen, 7:49 PM 10/5/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 12:04 PM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper

Has anybody gotten a response from the seller?

Do you think there is a chance that the seller came across this post and was scared off? It's slim, but if the potential theif learned the whereabout/security of your car through this board, there's a possibility that the thief is still lurking on this boards.
Old 10-05-2001, 12:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (Bunta)

that's true
he already removed some of the items for sale
the suspension, doors and bumpers aren't for sale anymore
Old 10-05-2001, 12:53 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (BlueR)

Just an idea but why doesnt someone report this guy??
The longer you wait the less of a chance he will be caught
I would hate to hear of another ITR gone missing because of this same guy.
Old 10-05-2001, 04:38 PM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (TypeRmsm)

Already did. Queens DA office is looking into it.
Old 10-05-2001, 04:47 PM
New User

Hmm..I have seen a some Zeal kit teg....that gives me the chill down to my spinal cord. I've seen the three-light conversion, not sure if it's on a white car...I felt like puting a post-it note on that car saying : " just go buy a Tiburon."
Flushing is rice-cty. But...I do prefer seeing some cute Asian Rice-girls drive some rice Civic or Preludes with cartoon characters on their dashboard.

You sold your R for the RX-7 yet? Hope you didn't and just simply debadged the R and wingless it.
Ricettes =
Ricettes who drive standard =
Ricettes who drive standard American muscle cars =

I haven't sold the R, keeping it to bastardize the Del Slo then sell the shell. The RX-7 I ended up getting is in no running shape, it needs an engine rebuild, clutch, rubber, etc.

Doing a mid-winter engine swap is gonna be fun fun fun.

[Modified by redblues, 1:52 AM 10/6/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 05:25 PM
New User

I haven't sold the R, keeping it to bastardize the Del Slo then sell the shell. The RX-7 I ended up getting is in no running shape, it needs an engine rebuild, clutch, rubber, etc.
I think I can help you with the rubber part

All joking aside, I really hope that law enforcement can make something happen. Theft in the metro area has become ridiculous.

[Modified by Bunta, 9:28 PM 10/5/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 06:05 PM

Good job on the report. Let us know the outcome and I'll go vandalize the theif's house and his bling bling rides.

When you are selling the R...Please let us H-T ppl get the first hand, espeically me

And from your signature......you DID acquire the RX-7? And is putting the engine is Del Sol your method of sleeper look?
And can you im me the shop you do the engine swap, I need to know some good mechanic....especially trustworthy ones in New York.

[Modified by nEoMuGen, 3:06 AM 10/6/2001]
Old 10-05-2001, 06:40 PM
Trial User

there should be vin/serial #'s on ecu if you wanna catch the culprit.... funny thing is most stolen itr's get recovered with 4 lug susp.

Old 10-08-2001, 06:26 AM
New User

Good job on the report. Let us know the outcome and I'll go vandalize the theif's house and his bling bling rides.

When you are selling the R...Please let us H-T ppl get the first hand, espeically me

And from your signature......you DID acquire the RX-7? And is putting the engine is Del Sol your method of sleeper look?
And can you im me the shop you do the engine swap, I need to know some good mechanic....especially trustworthy ones in New York.
The DA subpoenaed some information, that's about all I know.

You'd buy an ITR shell? The front end has some damage. I figured the buyer would probably make it an all out track car.

Yep, I got the RX-7, for a low low price (less than what I paid for the Del Sol!) since it has a salvage theft recovery title. It's in long term storage, I probably won't start working on it until next spring.

Engine, suspension, wheels, some interior parts are going into the Sol. Definite sleeper unless people notice the 5-luggers. Even has the infamous Honda Rot on the fenders.
Old 10-09-2001, 10:05 PM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (Itr00-1374)

I just had my OEM Type R CW wheel center caps stolen in Long Island (approx. $170 to replace), but I already spent $5000 on security measures. I still have the car, though. Any idea where to get replacements (except from this guy, of course).
Old 10-09-2001, 10:10 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (Sleepy_Hd)

I just had my OEM Type R CW wheel center caps stolen in Long Island (approx. $170 to replace), but I already spent $5000 on security measures. I still have the car, though. Any idea where to get replacements (except from this guy, of course).
You have an IM
Old 10-10-2001, 11:14 AM
New User

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (TypeRmsm)

don't lose sight of the fact that your parts seller may be reading this stuff right now, so be careful how you handle it.
Old 10-10-2001, 11:27 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Attn: NewYorkTyper (rltrock)

Any word from the NY DA?