Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

ATTN: Dan GSR

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN: Dan GSR

Since Dan GSR is a post ***** here and it's been very hard for me to reach him over the phone, email or any form of IM. I figure this is the best way to get in contact with him or just grab his attention. I'm having my engine being built by him at this very moment. He came over to my house and took out the entire engine back in 5/20/04. It's now almost 3 months. I was hoping everything would be ready in 1or 2 weeks like he had 1st told me. That way i would be able to sign up for the Type-R expo 4 and have a blast with you guys. Well being that Dan is a very busy man I let one week pass after another. I even went over to his house to check out my engine one time. It acually looks pretty good. I'll post a picture. I know that he got rear ended by a girl too and i've been watching that thread like soap opera. Dan GSR seems like a cool guy and all but sure is a slow worker. I hope to have everything back up and running soon. Asking other ppl to borrow their car to use for 3 months isn't cool. So i hope that he sees this post
and will give me a date for this job to be finished.

Sad sight

Engine
Old 08-10-2004, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (ITRTurbo)

met Vin (ITRturbo), good guy
while talking with him, this came up, and I commended him on his great patience (waiting an additional two and a half months.)
I would not have been as patient.
here's a bump in hopes that your patience pays off in a very nice motor setup, very soon
Old 08-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

way to air your dirty laundry.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:55 PM

After reading that I don't know how to respond...
Old 08-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (Dr Pooface)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dr Pooface &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">way to air your dirty laundry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said! ^
Old 08-10-2004, 10:08 PM

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (zygspeed)

Was there any parts that didn't fit and need to re-order? Are there any additional jobs that need to be done that leads to a longer lead-time?

When you said build the engine, what parts are involved?

You should know it well enough that Dan does not have the luxury of a full shop, there are things/tools that he needs that may take extra longer as he outsource them.

Modified by nEoMuGen at 8:34 AM 8/11/2004
Old 08-10-2004, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (nEoMuGen)

It took at least 6 months before I got my turbo car back ...
Old 08-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It took at least 6 months before I got my turbo car back ...</TD></TR></TABLE>

how long were you originally told it would take?
I don't think Vin is trying to give dangsr a bad reputation, I think he's resorting to this out of the lack of communication and the orginal time quote that was given him.
imo part of doing business in public forum, and in general is customer satisfaction and service. If a good resolution is found, and everything is addressed adequately, then it says good things about dangsr and the business he is running.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (DCcliffjumper2)

Just visit his house everyday until he finishes it.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:38 AM

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (MiraiZ)

Yikes you're patient. Hope she comes out better than ever.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are more patient than I am! I think that you did the right thing by posting here if you have exhausted all other communication methods.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good Luck

bump for you
Old 08-11-2004, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (Jon V)

i've done business with DAN GSR a few times

He seems like a way cool guy, just busy

I hope you get an ETA soon
Old 08-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a good opportunity to clean that filthy engine bay

Hope your motoR gets done soon.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I may have taken up some of his time. He is my crew chief for Honda Challenge. I will try and contact him so that he can see this post.

Just to clear things up, Dan GSR is the type of guy who will almost do anything for you and can put a car together with simple hand tools (he has done this personally for me when I got stuck with a problem visiting Limerock when my ITR was still street driven). I think this issue is a miscommunication and not from lack of his "business" sense. I trust him without question.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:16 AM
.RJ

Dan =

Building a turbo motor isnt cheap or quick, especially if you have to wait for parts or machine work.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:18 AM

sorry to hear about the delay.....It was Marc, Kyle and my fault....we shouldnt have ask DAN to come out to drink last weekend

anyway....to be serious, I'm sure Dan will response to you in a positive way. As Ray pointed out that Dan dont have a full equipped shop so work may be delay a bit due to short of hand, equipment or phone call from chick(s)

we will try to push him a little harder both in the work process as well as the communication part.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 AM

Dan GSR is a good guy. I'm sure he can rush your engine build if you want and have it ready at 95%, but i doubt you want that huh?

BTW Dan in no sense is a post *****
Old 08-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by irev210 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've done business with DAN GSR a few times

He seems like a way cool guy, just busy

I hope you get an ETA soon</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davidnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I may have taken up some of his time. He is my crew chief for Honda Challenge. I will try and contact him so that he can see this post.

Just to clear things up, Dan GSR is the type of guy who will almost do anything for you and can put a car together with simple hand tools (he has done this personally for me when I got stuck with a problem visiting Limerock when my ITR was still street driven). I think this issue is a miscommunication and not from lack of his "business" sense. I trust him without question.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dan =

Building a turbo motor isnt cheap or quick, especially if you have to wait for parts or machine work.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whOsEvO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear about the delay.....It was Marc, Kyle and my fault....we shouldnt have ask DAN to come out to drink last weekend

anyway....to be serious, I'm sure Dan will response to you in a positive way. As Ray pointed out that Dan dont have a full equipped shop so work may be delay a bit due to short of hand, equipment or phone call from chick(s)

we will try to push him a little harder both in the work process as well as the communication part.
</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dan GSR is a good guy. I'm sure he can rush your engine build if you want and have it ready at 95%, but i doubt you want that huh?

BTW Dan in no sense is a post ***** </TD></TR></TABLE>

These are all very good things to hear. I don't think he's a post ***** either. But hopefully the two of them can talk, and make a more solid time table. But communication is a must, even if it's just a few lines that lead to a phone conversation.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (opie)

Alot of communication was going back and forth during the 1st month. Mostly requesting parts that I needed from honda. He emailed me a big list to order from len at acura and others aftermarket dealers. I had everything shipped to shipped to he's house directly. Once everything has arived I had started to call him up once a week to check on the status. It was then already 1 month had passed. I always expect **** to happen. But when I found out that he was able to get his new car up and running for the expo 4 while my engine was still sitting there in his garage that kinda pissed me off a bit. Yes his white teg was gotten after the fact that my engine project has began. He had a red teg b4 that. Well that being done and said I sure hope he reads these post and get things back on track with my car. I not here to kill his reputation just need to know an ETA on when everything will be done. I so miss driving around in my R. Looking at it day after day in my driveway without an engine is like a family member inthe hospital bed.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
Trial User

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (whOsEvO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whOsEvO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry to hear about the delay.....It was Marc, Kyle and my fault....we shouldnt have ask DAN to come out to drink last weekend </TD></TR></TABLE>

dan went drinking? i've been out with that guy several times and never seen him drink more than half a coors light and i'm of the opinion that coors light ain't real beer.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:52 AM

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (magic hat #9)

While the motor is still out, how about you clean that engine bay up and give it a good layer of wax, looking kind of dingy. Then that motor will truly looking blingin.....and with the power to back it up....
Old 08-11-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like you need to crack the whip on his ***!
Old 08-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ATTN: Dan GSR (sinbro2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sinbro2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like you need to crack the whip on his ***! </TD></TR></TABLE>

lols i don't think thats really neccessary now. This thread that i've have started has definately got his attention. I think i should have started it up from day one. He just IMed me to check my email and sent me some pictures for an update. He took the day off from work for this. He said he's missing some some small nuts and bolts along with a 14mm allen key socket. Not being able to help him look for the nuts and bolts I'll try my best to find this 14mm allen key socket to speed up the proccess. I'll continue to keep this thread up todate untill it is finished.
Thanks for everyones bumps and concerns.

here is a one of the pics showing the installed IM.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:24 PM

I love the sight of a clean motor waiting on an engine stand to tear up the streets.

Quick Reply: ATTN: Dan GSR