Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

arc intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default arc intake

with the arc intake box? do i use my existing OEM piping then just replace the OEM box with the arc box? my car is supercharged btw.

http://www.optionimports.com/aidbdc2.html
Old 01-26-2007, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: arc intake (gosu08)

you can use the arc intake arm and arc intake box.

but don't get it...it's just for bling and effects performance negatively. There was a dyno done not long ago of a intake tube + filter vs the arc airbox/arm and it gave a lower hp reading

Old 01-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they do make the intake arm for dc2's

but arc's are too expensive there are cheaper way to gain more power

Old 01-26-2007, 04:03 PM

Default Re: arc intake (itr1244)

I do have a used ARC intake arm for sale.
pm me if u want it.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

why do you want your car to sound like a vaccum cleaner?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: arc intake (Mr.RHTuner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.RHTuner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you can use the arc intake arm and arc intake box.

but don't get it...it's just for bling and effects performance negatively. There was a dyno done not long ago of a intake tube + filter vs the arc airbox/arm and it gave a lower hp reading

</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what I understand, the ARC box provides a signifacnt increase in throttle reponse, while not providing as much power as some of its competitors.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ i was just about to say it gives you better throttle response.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I attended a track day years ago in March and the rain was persistent and the track was notorious for puddles.

I was running an AEM at the time and decided to swap it out for a borrowed ARC (no intake arm). First impression was just "wutever"

After two days on the track, and then swapping it out for a stock intake. It was immediately apparent the car didn't respond as quickly to throttle inputs.

So imho, it does work "well" on track, but for the price of admission....wow.... the BPi stack is a far better value with proven dyno results too...
Old 01-27-2007, 05:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Could you guys explain to me how an intake that decreases horsepower and torque can have an increased throttle response? It would make sense to me that the intake that makes more power would have the better response because more power (and more air) is available when you press on the throttle.

I can't wrap my head around that concept.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (98 ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98 ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could you guys explain to me how an intake that decreases horsepower and torque can have an increased throttle response? It would make sense to me that the intake that makes more power would have the better response because more power (and more air) is available when you press on the throttle.

I can't wrap my head around that concept.</TD></TR></TABLE>

just for reference incase somebody dosen't belive me that the useless 'jdm bling' arc intake causes performance loss...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1826146
Old 01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98 ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Could you guys explain to me how an intake that decreases horsepower and torque can have an increased throttle response? It would make sense to me that the intake that makes more power would have the better response because more power (and more air) is available when you press on the throttle.

I can't wrap my head around that concept.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'm not rocket scientist or anything but i am guessing..

ok. i'm just gonna compare short ram vs long (cai).
the longer the length of the intake pipe. more peak hp and low throttle response.

air takes longer to enter the motor in cai opposed to short rams .. so for the aem cai. you will have to wait till the vtec kicks in and it screams at redline. and it pulls harder as you rev it up. something has to do with velocity of the air?

the shorter the length of the intake pipe, like arc or j's racing and so on. will have good throttle response but not a peak hp.
when i had j's intake. it felt like it didnt pull as hard near red line.. but had alot more throttle response at lower rpms . and it gets loud at lower rpm and it gets quieter as i rev it up. but the aem cai would be opposite .. didnt make any noise at lower rpm but screamed at vtec

and for the short ram, the air would enter the motor alot faster than cai so. you get faster response

Old 01-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr1244)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr1244 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm not rocket scientist or anything but i am guessing..

ok. i'm just gonna compare short ram vs long (cai).
the longer the length of the intake pipe. more peak hp and low throttle response.

air takes longer to enter the motor in cai opposed to short rams .. so for the aem cai. you will have to wait till the vtec kicks in and it screams at redline. and it pulls harder as you rev it up. something has to do with velocity of the air?

the shorter the length of the intake pipe, like arc or j's racing and so on. will have good throttle response but not a peak hp.
when i had j's intake. it felt like it didnt pull as hard near red line.. but had alot more throttle response at lower rpms . and it gets loud at lower rpm and it gets quieter as i rev it up. but the aem cai would be opposite .. didnt make any noise at lower rpm but screamed at vtec

and for the short ram, the air would enter the motor alot faster than cai so. you get faster response </TD></TR></TABLE>

That makes sense. Thanks man.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ARC, the full setup (box + chamber) incorporates <u>2 velocity stacks</u> - which gives excellent throttle response, and a noticeable "hump" in the midrange.

The downside: it will choke off your top end, even when replacing the paper filters with K&Ns, and the aluminum construction is very susceptible to heat soak.