Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them?

hatch-R as in eg/ek with b18cR/5/6/etc, itr tranny, 5 lug or decent 'itr' equivalent braking....

how do u like both---which do you like better for tracking/rr'ing/dragstrip?
which feels safer/more stable @ high speeds.

opinions?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (comptechgsr)

this question is kinda like....

so do you like playing with your real son as much as playing with your bastard child?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (comptechgsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by comptechgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this question is kinda like....

so do you like playing with your real son as much as playing with your bastard child?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol funny **** there loldon't matter i guess as long as you have fun with them. The car or the kids.lol
Old 05-09-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by comptechgsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this question is kinda like....

so do you like playing with your real son as much as playing with your bastard child?</TD></TR></TABLE>

heheh! thats weak! hehe! i wish i have both hatch-r and itr that is!
Old 05-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (TypeRod)

yep a hatch-r would be the best for daily driving and daily parking

question is...

can u afford 2 money pits.

Old 05-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to have both. It was a 95 Si with an ITR motor/trans. That car was a lot of fun and was a sleeper. I could drive/park it anywhere without worring about theives or damage. It could swallow furniture, tools, etc w/o any problems at all. The ITR is better because the chassis is clearly more stiff and well balanced. My Civic had stock suspension for a long time but I later installed an ITR susp. It thought that would help a lot but the chassis still was not as crisp. The Civic was a bore in the auto-x and track because of the stock susp. The ITR is a blast on the track but is a bit twitchy in quick transitions. The ITR is clearly more stable on the straights. The motor/trans/susp/brakes aren't the only things that make an R an R. It is the thicker stampings and braces too. I don't know how it is on the dragstrip though and I doubt I ever will. I recently sold my Civic to a friend. The civic was clearly the better daily driver though.

Old 05-09-2003, 11:31 AM

that is probablly one of the funniest things i've heard all week ... lmao
Old 05-09-2003, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (V-Grip! Teknic73)

you say that the civic suspension/chassis was less stiff?

did you just install itr shocks/springs?
Old 05-09-2003, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The chassis is less stiff. This was only with the GS-R strut bar and lower subframe brace though. It may stiffen up a bit with a rear upper/lower bar but there are still other things that make the R stiffer (floor brace, thicker wheel housings, etc). You can easily make a Civic stiffer than an R with a cage but that would make it lose its streetability.

Modified by markpaco at 12:00 AM 5/10/2003
Old 05-09-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (markpaco)

I also had a 95 si hatchback with a 97 jdm type r motor. It was definitely a QUICK little car, but I only had kyb agx's and ground control sleeves at the time, so it did not handle well at all. I also have a 98 itr and it is just an all around SOLID car, in my mind there was no comparison between the two cars, the itr is just that much better....But in a straight line the little civic is really a blast !
Old 05-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (b18c-rDC2)

markpaco, I have never seen your car around seattle.

looks beautiful though!!
Old 05-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Cal

Default Re: anyone have a hatch-R as well as an itr? how do u like them? (Kelvin96GSR)

You should shange your question to "what have you drove that you liked better?"

I figure more people will answer.

I have drove both.

Although the hatch was quicker in accel the Integra chassis felt better and more stable/better handling.

I also like an integras cockpit better than a civics