Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Another one bites the dust...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another one bites the dust.............................................. ............................

Hi,

My first (and probably only) ITR was stolen tonight.

I know HT is popular so I would like to get some help in finding out who stole my car. I do not want to attempt to take justice into my own hands (karma will do that for me) but I would like to prevent future occurences. Or atleast better protect my self.

The car had a Clifford alarm...Kill Switch...and the factory immobilizer. I was going to buy an AutoLock later this week, but it is now too late.

PROTECT YOUR ITR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

I recently purchased a 1998 CW ITR and it was taken from me tonight. I left my home at around 6:30PM for Drill (serving my country) and returned home at about 12:20AM

I just recieved the new title in the mail yesterday. That is how little time I owned her.

I did not drive it much because I really did not want to get scoped, but obviously I did. Whoever stole my car knew my schedule (or even me) very well. This is happening right now...The Police Officer is in my front yard writing the report.....and I am making this post in a desperate attempt to salvage some of my aftermarket parts.

Where: Parked in my driveway (Behind an unlocked gate)

Time: 12:56AM Wednesday

Car: 1998 CW ITR

Stuff to look for:
Car is completely stock on the outside
No tints
Shaved antenna hole

Parts to look for:
ITR wheels with NeoGen drags in the front
Mint ITR interior
Broadway Rear View 300mm
ITR motor w/ Skunk2 Short Shifter...ES Shifter Bushings...Chipping Red Valvecover...No Spark Plug Cover...T1R Ground Wires...Black block
Odometer read 38,117 - Yep, a '98 w/ 40,000 miles

I will add more later but I am too pissed to continue.....

I know there is someone else in South Florida who recently had thier "R" stolen. When (hopefully intact) it is recovered, we may be able to match up the theft style.

Anyhelp is appreciated!

To all ITR owners, learn from my mistakes.

Modified by reliablefrank at 8:46 AM 7/20/2005
Old 07-19-2005, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Another one bites the dust.............................................. ........................

Old 07-19-2005, 09:31 PM

Default Re: Another one bites the dust.............................................. ........................

another one in florida
Old 07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to see this ...
Old 07-19-2005, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what's the ITR #? I hope I won't be adding this to the long list of R's I have throughout the years!

-Victor
Old 07-19-2005, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That just BLOWS!

On a side note, it just goes to show that ITRs need to be driven by their owners as much as possible.

Thanks for "serving", sorry it turns out like this in return, though!!
Old 07-19-2005, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the countdown continues...who will be left standing

Where did you have it parked?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, the car had a kill switch too?

I wonder how they are getting around it?

Flatbed tow truck?
Old 07-20-2005, 12:11 AM

damn thats bullshit

sorry to hear that
Old 07-20-2005, 12:20 AM

Grr and I'm moving to Orlando soon...Report on CNN today quite disturbed me.. better start backpacking my ecu.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Shadowhunter)

Such a shame, may I ask where you had it parked ?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re:

post some pics
Old 07-20-2005, 03:31 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, unfortunately this will never stop!
Old 07-20-2005, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Considering i live in FL this is just a warning for those theives on here that might want my car. I have a G23 Glock and now that the law has changed in FL I am not afraid to use it. Come on my property and I will give you a warning. Continue and you WILL get shot no questions and then I'll see you in court. Sorry to jack man but now this is happening in FL a lot more lately and I'm over it. [/rant]
Old 07-20-2005, 06:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am so sorry to hear about your loss, unfortunately this will never stop!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Very Sad....
Old 07-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (01PY0559)

Hey I wanted to post this up cause this is getting out of hand and ridiculous. Type R are a dying breed out here in Fl and will soon be extinct. I need more people willing to help to catch them. If there are people interested let me know and I will share my info with you guys. I am working with the police on this. They need my help just as much as I could use yours. You guys have a good one, I am sorry to hear for your loss, I hope you make out for the best.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (typer_696)

Wow, it's so sad and maddening you only had it for a few days...I'm sure you're REALLY pissed. Sorry for your loss dude.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ericlee303)

Damn that sucks

My suggestion, de-badge, de-fin and possibly different rims. If it's yellow, well not much you can do there. It sucks, but this isn't new, it happens all the time.

Craig - Who would not own an R in FL with out a garage.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:34 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: (ericlee303)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by typer_696 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey I wanted to post this up cause this is getting out of hand and ridiculous. Type R are a dying breed out here in Fl and will soon be extinct. I need more people willing to help to catch them. If there are people interested let me know and I will share my info with you guys. I am working with the police on this. They need my help just as much as I could use yours. You guys have a good one, I am sorry to hear for your loss, I hope you make out for the best. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I should be coming down to Fl in August, I would love to use my r as the guinea pig!!!! We are working some stuff out like this up where I live........
Old 07-20-2005, 07:58 AM

Default Re: (walker111)

Sorry to hear this!! Ask your neigbhors if they saw or heard anything that night.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:59 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks for the support.

The badge was missing from the armrest (It was stolen but recovered from the previous owner).

My kill switch was wired with big red and black wires, which when compared to the stock harness, stuck out a lot.

Quick tip: Use the same gauge and similar color as the oem wire harness for your kill switches.

I woke up this morning, looked outside, and there she was.............not!
It is such a strange feeling. Makes you want to cry, but kill someone. Get out of the Honda scene, but make a better car, knowing thieves will never be able to build anything as good. I do not know. I feel a little lost, but then again, a lot of other people feel the same way right now..........and now.........and now........and now.....etc....

Old 07-20-2005, 08:26 AM
cool guy name

Quick tip: Use the same gauge and similar color as the oem wire harness for your kill switches.

I have a spare wiring harness that I cut wires from, I'm able to match color and guage.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IT's probably someone you know or have run into (maybe at the base?)

Sucks.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:54 AM
cool guy name

What about the guy who sold it to you??

Quick Reply: Another one bites the dust...