Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

1997 type R Integra auction

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts
Default Re: 1997 type R Integra auction

Sold for $63,800. Price was updated and car was listed as sold in OP's link.

Holy ****.

Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't realize someone else mentioned this over a week ago.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdmark1
I'm as big of an Integra fan as anyone. I mean, die hard Integra enthusiast. But this is just ridiculous. It's not like it's in unattainable condition. Press in a new set of Hardrace bushings, slight rebuild on the engine (hone, re-ring, bearings, etc.) and you have a Type-R that's arguably in better shape than this. And if the argument is interior such as front seats, I'm sure for $64k you can recreate USDM ITR seats out of brand new material. That's seriously a stupid amount of cash to drop on a COMPLETELY stock Type R. -rant over-
I know it sounds crazy JD, but that's the classic market for you. It's a very different market indeed and when cars cross from "old car" to "classic" it can get weird. I've a couple of relatives in that scene kinda grew up with it so this doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen non running, in dire need of expensive work, barn finds with low mileage go for more than restored examples.

Originally Posted by mozzandherb
I'm wondering what made the seller sell it at this particular moment? I don't think it's for the sheer money aspect (or I could be mistaken) but wouldn't holding onto it even for another 5 years increase the value even more?
I'm not sure it would. Personal opinion alert... IMHO the classic market is a near guaranteed bubble in the making. The dealers and auctioneers have run low on stock of "big names" like Porsche etc(that have gone nuts), so when that happens in an overheated market, they look for other untapped areas to push. The late 90's JDM scene a charm for it. Many of the kids back then who went crazy on their various console games and Fast and Furious stuff now have the cash to spend on stuff they couldn't back then. European "Hot Hatches" have also gone nuts. I've seen this kinda thing in another hobby I have; vintage watches. I haven't bought in a long time, because the market has gone nuts and lesser marques and models are climbing like crazy because the Rolex type stuff is getting out of reach/low on stock and recently the market has stagnated. Again IMHO now It's the time to sell high ticket items, not buy and knowing when to get out while the getting's good is the trick. /rant.

Also with Teg R's in the US market, the 25 year rule is coming up for you guys and importing will be on the cards. They're going up in value everywhere, but nothing like in the US market. A low milage mint condition JDM would be hard pressed to see 20,000 dollars. Yes original US cars will retain a premium but the availability of JDM and more, LHD European/Canadian stock will IMHO soften that premium.

Originally Posted by Chance EG
Holy ****.
We must be linked psychically C because those were my exact thoughts.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm curious what the US demand/supply point will be when those 25 year JDM imports arrive. ie can anyone guesstimate what a JDM version will be worth in the US when they're legal? No doubt the extra demand will push up world prices.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Man I'd love to get my hands on a european LHD type R, but makes me cautious of european imports was rot from countries that snow and use salt on the roads.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look who I found , I guess we know who bought it !

Used 1997 Acura Integra For Sale | Christiansburg VA