Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

~ THE GRAVEYARD ~

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ~ THE GRAVEYARD ~

I hate that so many of us will be able to post in here, but we need a thread dedicated to those who have either had their R stolen or totalled . I believe providing as much information as possible about the circumstances of the theft could be useful in helping others (new or ignorant owners) understand the risks of owning a Type R especially, but any moded honda as well.

This will serve as a good reference for Joe's registry as well. Thanks for those willing to contribute.

If you are going to contribute please provide the following:

- Date Stolen and Location
- Year
- Color
- Badge
- Mileage upon incident
- Modifications if applicable
- Theft Deterants used on vehicle
- Brief Description about the theft if possible including specific location, time of day and any information you feel useful to other owners.
- Insurance settlement amount

^^FOR THOSE HAVING TO DEAL WITH THE INSURANCE COMPANY THIS WILL BE EXTREMELY VALUABLE TO YOU.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ~ THE GRAVEYARD ~

Originally Posted by Dave_B
2001 PY ITR
Stolen out of SFL 3 weeks after I sold it to d00d.
Badge is 01-0559
I'll look up the VIN and report back, still have the title somewhere
Mileage was around 74k
Car was stock when I sold it.
No theft deterants that I know of were installed
Was stolen out of an apartment complex down in SFL.
Unsure of the Ins. settlement due to the car not being stolen from me, but the guy I sold it to, only 3 weeks into his ownership.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by emotionisdead
2001 PY #336
Bought from original owner with 20k miles on May 22, 2002
Stolen July 31, 2005
It was stolen form my driveway after I left it outside for one night. My roommate was moving in so his stuff was taken up the garage. Found broken glass in the driveway but I think it was planted there seeing how there was no glass in the car when I found it.

It was found about a month and a half afterwords, stripped, doors broken off and laying in a creek next to the garage I found it in, front end cut off with a concrete saw. Probably an inside job, I did, at one point in my life, live with some not so cool people. I did salvage the armrest and badge number.

Too many mods to list, here is a short summary: JDM Front end, Fully built B20 200whp, AN-R header, Mugen Twin-Loop, complete JDM Interior (seats, cluster, climate control, SRS wheel, etc) and a sh*t ton of Mugen and Spoon goodies.

After fighting with the insurance company, I got about 24k. Here is the thread on "the other site:" https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-acura-28/my-stolen-type-r-found-tonight-1402584/

time infinity. F**kin sucks looking at this thread
Old 11-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

98 ITR #265
JH4DC231XWS002424
Stolen 10/6/03 from Long Beach, CA in gated Apartment that required a remote to get in and out. Stolen between the hours of 7AM and 4PM in broad daylight.
NEVER RECOVERED EVEN A SHELL

Had a CLUB, Had ECU but Hondata was in the apartment, so it would only rev to 4000rpm, Had a Clifford alarm with BlackJax so it required a pin# to even run the car more than 30 seconds, had a J&S Safeguard disconnected so in reality it would not even start unless they figured out where it was and how to plug it in (no spark).

More than likely an inside Job by someone with a flatbed truck.

JRSC, Comptech header and catback exhaust, Comptech Icebox, Very rare matching Omorimeter gauges for boost and EGT.

If anyone has this shell or knows of it's whereabouts please let me know.

Insurance paid out about 19,500 on a car with about 86k miles after some fighting on my part.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that its relevant anymore

Purchased new March 98 Stolen July 98 Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn

- Year - see above

- Color - the only one

- Badge - don't remember

- Mileage upon incident - 3500

- Modifications if applicable - none

- Theft Deterants used on vehicle - factory transponder key, that's pretty secure right?

- Brief Description about the theft if possible including specific location, time of day and any information you feel useful to other owners. - Parked on the street, car gone next morning (I'm a dumbass)

- Insurance settlement amount - Out the door price I paid, plus the parts invoice price I paid for the A/C kit I put in.

Worked at a Honda dealer in the City at the time and had the opportunity to educate a lot of NYPD officers that if they see a Civic with 5 lug wheels, then they should look close at the car. I know I'm personally responsible for 2 civics with B18C5 motors getting completly torn apart
Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It would be fantastic if those who contributed to this post https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-type-r-8/wreck-stolen-type-r-tribute-2397441/ would do the same here in this one.

What many don't understand is that this information is invaluable to the future owners who buy and rebuild stolen ITRs. It also gets logged into username Doespike's database which we'll have forever to refer to.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:02 PM
something different

97 ITR, #98 (roomates car, hes not on here)
stolen october 08 i believe
white
90k miles.
lots of small mods-header(JUN), intake, autopower bar, antenna shaved, ACT clutcclu apexi N1s...PERFECT shape. spotless.

stolen from inside his locked garage, with the alarm set. loaded it full of his tools/ race tires, etc, and pushed it out. he was awake at the time, sitting in his office. (12am-1am)

INS paid out about 11k i think. FOUGHT him on it. wanted to give him 6 or something crazy. he could have sold it for 14k most likely. incredible car. NO SHELL turned up in the last year+
Old 01-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

- Date Stolen and Location
2:50am May 20, 2009
Tampa, FL

- Year

- Color
PY

- Badge
00-0013

- Mileage upon incident

- Modifications if applicable
AEM intake
TODA header
Koni Yellow shocks / Neuspeed Race
Skunk2 Camber

- Theft Deterants used on vehicle
Club
Kill switch

- ****ing bastards took her from the front of my apartment, I am the stupid one for owning an R with no garage.

Ins Original offer $10,400
My counter offer $15,500
Ins counter offer $11,000
My counter offer $14,000

Final settlement $11,600 + aftermarket parts $900
Total $ 12,500

btw, the insurance companies will always think you did it. how sad.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Snipper Snapper

May 2008
Black
150k o the clock
Basically stock
No security on it

Was stolen over night and when I woke up, it was gone... police recovered it completely stripped.

Insurance paid $10,400 .... 1st offer by them was 9k which I declined.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

- Stolen 12/15/06 at my apartment in Newport Beach, CA

- CW

- Badge 1076

- Roughly 55-60k miles

- Modifications:
'00 spec JDM ITR motor
Spoon TB
Vision Header
Spoon Cat Jack
Toda Oil Pump Gear
Spoon Baffled Oil Pan
Toda Timing Belt
Spoon Drain Plugs
CTR Intake Cam

JDM ITR Frontend (HID)
Spoon Mirrors (real)
JDM 98 Spec tail lights
JDM 97 Spec hatch (no wiper or 3rd brake light)

Euro ITR Cluster (similar to Mugen)
Spoon Steering wheel
Bride Zeta II buckets
JDM ITR floor mats

Tein RE coilovers
Mugen Strut Tower Bars
Spherical Bearing RTABs
15x6.5 White Regamasters with Toya RA1s

- Car cover and I would pull fuses to disable the car. No alarm, quick release, lo jack, etc.

- The car was stolen from my apartment in Newport Beach which I had just moved into. I always had a garage and secure location for the car until then. I pretty much let my guard down in thinking nothing would happen to my car in a nice area.

I want to say this happened around 2am on a Monday night/early Tuesday morning because my dog wouldn't stop barking and I was too tired and lazy to get up and look out the window. My bedroom window used to face my car which was only about 20 feet from me.

After I woke up at 7am the next morning I realized my dog had been trying to warn me. The light above my car in the carport had been removed and my car was gone. I knew right away the car was stolen. The Newport Beach PD were very helpful in trying to find any evidence they could to catch the thieves. All they found was the broken light bulb that was above my car that had been thrown into the bushes.

The car was never recovered and none of the parts ever seemed to pop up online. I'd like to think I was pretty well connected and I would have found something but I never did. This car really meant a lot to me and needless to say I was (and still am) really upset about the whole thing.

- The car was insured through Mercury. When I first made the report over the phone to them they were pretty rude to me. I had to call back and speak to a supervisor because I felt like they were not being very sincere to my situation on top of just treating me like I was the criminal.

Since this car was a salvaged title I had to buy a lot of parts new from Acura as well as used parts through various connections I had at JHP. I had stacks and stacks of receipts that totalled upwards of $15,000. This is not including the price I paid for the shell, the wheels or any of the other aftermarket parts.

They asked me what the car was worth and I told them I wanted nothing less than $15,000. I thought that was me being fair. They offered me something like $8,600. I told them I wanted $15,000. They then offered me $9,300 and I told them I wanted $15,000. This went back and forth for weeks.

They told me they would make one final offer and if I didn't accept I'd have to have an appraiser value the car and go to court. If the value was less than what they were offering I'd have to take that price on top of paying for court costs and appraisel. If the value appraised was more than what they were offering then I would get that price and they would pay for everything. I thought my odds of the appraiser being a die hard Honda enthusiast were pretty slim so I went with their final offer of $11,200.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon D
All,

Please use Jackson's post as a guideline of what is going to make this post useful to those who find themselves in the same unfortunate situation. Thanks Jackson, great reply!

- Jon

^I understand the guideline, but since the R I am going to refer to isnt "in the graveyard" and is owned by another right now I wont fill in all, but the story may be useful to others understanding how at risk their ITR can be.

-stolen sept. 07' AZ
-97' ITR
-about 60k
-Awesome conidition, all original paint body ect.
-Alarm system, Apexi power FC removed from car, injectors unclipped, fuses pulled, lo-jack equipped.

Car was stolen from my older brother, a week or two after the car had had its first thwarted theft attempt (car was finger printed on first theft attempt). Theives slipped something under the hood depressing the hood pin, and then dissabled the alarm. Most likely pushed vehicle with another car away from the house (scratches on rear bumper). Car was recovered fairly quik from lo-jack hit with interior missing and other valuable parts but motor/5lug/other major parts were still there. Car has been brought back to life, but insurance did total it out due to interior theft. There was a later conviction of theif due to his prints matching first vehicle theft attempt.

Moral of the story, a good alarm will not stop theives... they came back more than once to get the car and you MUST have a good quality 2 way alarm/some sort of tracking/ kill switches and other stuff, to have a good chance at protecting your car and catching the theives.

Protect your ITR's guys... its worth it
Old 01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

-Stolen Dec 14, 2008 in Detroit, MI
-Champ White
-155,xxx miles on the car.
-The car was mostly stock, however it did have a fake Mugen wing, Recaro SPG XL, Mugen Steering Wheel, Comptech Ice Box, Today Flywheel, a full set of Mugen sussy bushings, and 2-week old winter tires.
-I did not have an alarm or any deterrent.
-The car was parked on the street right in front of the bar I was at. I checked on the car a number of times through out the night and then it was gone.

My small battle with insurance. Worth it in the end..
The insurance company wanted to give me bluebook value for a GSR, however I told them that it was a Type R. A few days later they came back with pretty much the same number. From there I put together a package for them explaining what the car was, how many made for that year, and market value.

In more detail the package included: a CD full of pictures of the car showing exterior and interior, the Car & Driver and Road & Track articles for the 97 ITR, a copy of the letter Acura sent out about the production numbers for that year (should be able to find it here), and about 15-20 for sale adds from Autotrader (ranging from cheap beat up ITR's to pristine low-millage ones, did not matter the year or where the car was located). The insurance ended up setting the package to an appraiser.

The appraiser came back with a value of 12,500. Minus my 500 deductible, I got a nice check for 12k.. In recent life events, everything worked out. I still miss 163 like crazy tho..

Old 02-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

a FRIEND JUST BOUGHT A CRASHED NHPB ITR 01#880 FROM AUCTION,THE WHOLE FRONT END CRASHED, HE PARTED IT OUT RECENTLEY. CAR WAS ALL STOCK EXCEPT HEADERS AND INTAKE. I'M GOING TO TRY TO GET THE VIN NUMBER, SO SOMEONE CAN TAKE THAT DOWN FOR FUTURE REFENCES, IF ANYONE THINKS THEY HAVE THAT BADGE NUMBER,OR THE CAR SO THEY CAN KNOW THERE BADGE NUMBER, NO PICS SORRY...
Old 02-26-2010, 02:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Stolen: ~April 2008 in Pasadena, CA
Year: 2000
Color: Phoenix Yellow
Badge: 00-1335 (actually still have it with me, took it out of car randomly one day and never put back in)
Mileage: 62k?
Mods: Spoon fixed dampers+spoon progressive springs. Apexi GT Spec catback to a USDM DC 4-1 header. OEM USDM wheels wrapped in Toyo R1R's. J's Racing Intake. Carbing front and rear tower bars. That's all I remember.
Deterants: viper alarm and autolock

Vehicle was stolen out of my former work's parking lot on a saturday night. Had the car towed there after blowing my engine at the track so it wasn't able to be started. It had to be towed which is amazing since it had only been there for 1 night.

Insurance settlement was for $17.5k iirc, I was happy with that.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's it, I'm cleaning out my garage and parking my Type R in front of the office. Sorry to hear about people's losses.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sad that this still happens...I have what is essentially a 60K evo9 and I can park it on the street and not worry about anything but a door ding. This is just really sad...it ruined the honda scene for most people. I loved hanging out with ITR owners and going to meets, but you know what just because somebody else has an ITR, it doesn't mean them or their friends won't steal your car. You know it's bad when you have to worry about other fellow ITR owners.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

reading some of these stories made me feel sad.. brings me back to my 4dr gsr that was stolen 3 yrs ago, and i still havent heard a word about it. =/
Old 03-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate hearing about peoples Hondas or Acuras getting stolen.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

- Car recently totalled by drunk driver.
- Black
- VIN 1321
- 98,xxx
- JDM seats and console in black, shifter, stereo head unit, strut bars & more...
- no known theft deterrents
- Drunk driver hit P.O. and ins co totalled the car. I bought it from him to part out.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not mine but seen it at pick your part

date 7/20/2009

location stanton pick your part

year: 1998

VIN: JH4DC2312WS004166
Vehicle: 1998 ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-R
Records: 20 records found in the CARFAX Vehicle History database

sad thing about this is the not the only ITR i seen at that same junk yard, there was also a black ITR but my phone broke.

Last edited by Got_EF8; 03-01-2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: RE wording
Old 04-22-2010, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^ there is nothing straight on that car ^
Old 04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdmeg9
^ there is nothing straight on that car ^