Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What is your distance off of your alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 08:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your distance off of your alarm?

The other day I was at the movie theaters and had a straight line of sight to the front of my car. I was about 400 feet away, and it only got reception when i raised the remote above my head. On a side note, this is a Clifford AG4 alarm that I installed myself. The reason I'm asking, is that if its not far enough I can try to more the antenna around and see if my range increases.

Whats your maximum recieving distance of your alarm in feet?

*This is a copy of my post from the Audio/Security forum, its just not getting the replies im looking for.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:27 AM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (integra-modder)

I'm not sure the distance in feet, but I work on the third floor of my buiding, and I can arm/disarm my alarm from my desk. I'm sure it's more than 400 hundred feet away. My antenna is mounted externally, though. It's not in the a-pillar or anything. It's stuck on the inside of the windshield above the rearview.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:36 AM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (acuraholic)

the higher the antenna the better the reception.
Old 08-11-2003, 02:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by acuraholic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm not sure the distance in feet, but I work on the third floor of my buiding, and I can arm/disarm my alarm from my desk. I'm sure it's more than 400 hundred feet away. My antenna is mounted externally, though. It's not in the a-pillar or anything. It's stuck on the inside of the windshield above the rearview. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats where mine is, its just behind the roof panel maybe an inch back toward the rear of the car...
Old 08-11-2003, 02:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integra-modder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats where mine is, its just behind the roof panel maybe an inch back toward the rear of the car...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Weird. I have crazy range with mine. It's a Python 660XP. They're both DEI products, I'm surprised they don't have identical antennas.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:37 PM

how is yours mounted?
Old 08-11-2003, 11:40 PM

I have the Viper 690VX (pager) alarm. The longest that I've known my car to go off and alert me was about a quarter mile. No trees or anything to block the signal. I have my antenna on my front windshield.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a catagory1 alarm/immobiliser fitted to my teg, i'm not sure where the antennae is, but i can switch the alarm on/off over 2-300 ft easily, never tried it any further than that.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:22 PM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm?

hm.. like 5 feet.. the battery is dying in the remote.. lol..
Old 08-13-2003, 04:09 PM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (SonicBlueTeg)

How did you guys mount the antenna behind the rear view? I have the hornet two-way pager (remote start rules! working on remote-rev ) but I need to replace my windshield so I want to run a wire up the side and in the top (how do you take that off??)
Old 08-14-2003, 12:04 PM

Default kybs and sportlines f\s

hey integra modder

how much ur asking for the kybs and sport lines?

bxcarlitosway@aol.com
Old 08-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kybs and sportlines f\s (TegUreIt)

Mines about 15 feet away... generic ignition immobilizer/ remote unlock is all it does

-Ryan
Old 08-14-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines suppose to work 1/2 mile in the open. So far it's worked about 1/8th of a mile away with trees a building or two in the way. I have the antenna mounted on the top of the front window (inside) behind the rear view mirror.

Sorry it's not in feet. I forgot how many feet are in a mile hehe.
Old 08-14-2003, 11:34 PM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (Boofster)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boofster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you guys mount the antenna behind the rear view? I have the hornet two-way pager (remote start rules! working on remote-rev ) but I need to replace my windshield so I want to run a wire up the side and in the top (how do you take that off??)</TD></TR></TABLE>

no offense, but remote rev is just a purely retarted thing to do.

to take it off, pull off the rubber door lining that goes above the window, then turg at the A pillar plastic which is held in by 4 clips (just pop out with enough force)
the mirror has 3 screws under it
each visor has 3 screws under it
also, take off the lens cover for the interior light and remove the two copper screws

tug down on trim (lightly) and work
Old 08-15-2003, 12:51 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boofster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How did you guys mount the antenna behind the rear view? I have the hornet two-way pager (remote start rules! working on remote-rev ) but I need to replace my windshield so I want to run a wire up the side and in the top (how do you take that off??)</TD></TR></TABLE>
you have an auto right? they dont have remote start with stick
Old 08-15-2003, 08:46 AM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (integraL)

LOL....I wonder if anyone has ever done that. My friend works for DEI so we are trying to patch into all kinds of things. Seems that anything that is controlled electronically can be programmed to be switched by remote. We are working on remote rev but it's mechanical so we don't know. Maybe play with the cruise controls. Hmm.... Nah, I have the sitck man. The teg is not a teg without a stick! You are technically not supposed to do remote start on it but I never park my car in gear so I'm allright. Ladies get all jiggly when you push some buttons and your car vroom's...hehe
Old 08-15-2003, 05:12 PM

i thought that model came with a small antenna. if it does, most installers don't mount it in a great place so i would move it to a higher place. A good place is up by the rear view mirror, or also in the back window at the top.
Old 08-15-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Re: What is your distance off of your alarm? (integraL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integraL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
you have an auto right? they dont have remote start with stick</TD></TR></TABLE>

WRONG

go do a search and find the correct answer.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boofster &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LOL....I wonder if anyone has ever done that. My friend works for DEI so we are trying to patch into all kinds of things. Seems that anything that is controlled electronically can be programmed to be switched by remote. We are working on remote rev but it's mechanical so we don't know. Maybe play with the cruise controls. Hmm.... Nah, I have the sitck man. The teg is not a teg without a stick! You are technically not supposed to do remote start on it but I never park my car in gear so I'm allright. Ladies get all jiggly when you push some buttons and your car vroom's...hehe</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most alarms have the safety feature or whatever so you don't accidently remote start your car when it's in gear. Like on my alarm, when I take the key out of the ignition it will continue running until I close every door then it will shut down. That way, there's no way you could have had it in gear. Now of course you could open and close your door, put it in gear then crawl out the window... but if you plan on doing that just go drive yourself off a bridge. (when you open the door again it disables remote start.. unless you start the car again and get out and shut the door).