Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR
View Poll Results: What To Do?
Keep it (do the tranny trade & have the guy do it for you)
0%
Keep It (Pay the guy $100)
11.11%
Keep it (Do it yourself)
33.33%
Sell it for $
22.22%
Trade it for the Red 92 EG Si
33.33%
Other?!?!?!
0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

What should i do? Trde/Keep/Sell?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do? Trde/Keep/Sell?

Well i have recently been pondering what to do with my integra! Heres the post https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/my-first-car-1992-acura-integra-2843643/

So the situation is the first night we got it the clutch went out and recently we got it taken to a shop (Families decision) the mechanic said the Y1 tranny & clutch were shot.. (i think only 3rd gear in y1) And the LS Tranny we bought for $250 on craigslist was "tampered with" so he wouldnt install it... So me stumped what to do i posted it up on craigslist for 2.5k cause i don't have the monye or funds to get scammed on craigslist anymore, heres the post so ive had it up for a few days now. Ive had someone offer to trade me a YS1 transmission & oem clutch (3k on it) for my Y1 transmission and they said they would install the tranny & clutch. Which i was pretty stoked about, but my car is still at the mechanic waiting to be towed back by my family member. Also 2 people said they were interested and wanted pics (i sent pics no reply) then another person said they'd do the clutch for $100, and finally someone said they'd trade there Red SI EG hatch for it heres there post http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/2164478109.html

Im leaning toward the side of trading it for the SI what do you all think?

EDIT: The guy also said that it wouldn't include the Rota slipstreams
Old 01-17-2011, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: What should i do? Trde/Keep/Sell?

Someone offered to trade you a transmission and clutch for a broken trans, AND will install it for you? lol sounds like a CL scammer who wants to find out where you live.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I say sell it.. save up some money and buy yourself a car in better condition. Jus be patien dont rush to buy.I got my first eg hatch for 1,000 when i was 16 and there was nothing wrong with just got lucky.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
Someone offered to trade you a transmission and clutch for a broken trans, AND will install it for you? lol sounds like a CL scammer who wants to find out where you live.
True that never though of it that way!

Originally Posted by jdm-style-dc2
I say sell it.. save up some money and buy yourself a car in better condition. Jus be patien dont rush to buy.I got my first eg hatch for 1,000 when i was 16 and there was nothing wrong with just got lucky.
Yeah i've spent 2,250 total on this car so far and its gotten me nowhere... If i am to sell it is it even worth that much? its not running, and if i were to trade it to the guy wouldn't it be like me getting a red SI for 2,250?

Is that good deal? eventhough its like %100 stock
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe easier to sell it and buy a better one?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you aren't mechanically inclined then sell it and hold on to your money. Wait until something problem free comes up for sale that you can afford. Make sure its mechanically sound, or only needs minor things that you can handle replacing.

Might be worth your time to look at this guys hatch. Make sure its alright. Tell him you would keep the steelies off of your car to put on it. If its all stock except for crappy springs, then its probably alright to some extent.

If you stay in the honda game, you will find that its easier to buy something that doesnt need fixing from the get go. Just my $0.02.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1998GsRIntegra
If you aren't mechanically inclined then sell it and hold on to your money. Wait until something problem free comes up for sale that you can afford. Make sure its mechanically sound, or only needs minor things that you can handle replacing.

Might be worth your time to look at this guys hatch. Make sure its alright. Tell him you would keep the steelies off of your car to put on it. If its all stock except for crappy springs, then its probably alright to some extent.

If you stay in the honda game, you will find that its easier to buy something that doesnt need fixing from the get go. Just my $0.02.
Yeah, and idk what to look for when i go obviously because thats what happened to me and the integra, he already said ill just take my steelies and 2 bottlecaps and put them on it, i want someone that knows what there talking about to go up there with me to get it.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Give it to me if your not going to put it to good use...hahaha! Have faith in it, take your time, never rush a build...Things that are rushed are never good!
Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jdm_bones
Give it to me if your not going to put it to good use...hahaha! Have faith in it, take your time, never rush a build...Things that are rushed are never good!
i need a reliable running car by march so i can get a job and actually start saving for the things and i want and spending my hard earned cash on my honda
Old 01-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SkatingStoner95
Yeah, and idk what to look for when i go obviously because thats what happened to me and the integra, he already said ill just take my steelies and 2 bottlecaps and put them on it, i want someone that knows what there talking about to go up there with me to get it.
I used to have a big list of things to look for when buying a used honda. A long time member wrote it up while back, and i came across it during a search completely unrelated. If I can find it, I will pm it to you. I always found it helpful.

Your better off learning rather than having to rely on someone else. I found that relying on other people never worked out very well.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 1998GsRIntegra
I used to have a big list of things to look for when buying a used honda. A long time member wrote it up while back, and i came across it during a search completely unrelated. If I can find it, I will pm it to you. I always found it helpful.

Your better off learning rather than having to rely on someone else. I found that relying on other people never worked out very well.
Thanks for the list, that would of help TONS with the purchase of my integra would of saved me so much... hassle and heartbreak But hopefully i can earn from my mistakes and it wont be too much of a loss!

Im most likely going to trade it for the SI
Old 01-17-2011, 11:25 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

Kinda sounds like you just need a clutch and bearing

Id get a haynes manual and some tools

Its only nuts n bolts man, not brain surgery

And as nice as a eg hatch is, think about how many people have them compared to das
Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
Kinda sounds like you just need a clutch and bearing

Id get a haynes manual and some tools

Its only nuts n bolts man, not brain surgery

And as nice as a eg hatch is, think about how many people have them compared to das
Got a Haynes manual. Yeah but a nice stock EG hatch that i can guarantee isn't too tampered with. As compared to my DA which i can tell you for fact was put together in some parking lot, with a guy that has no tools and very little knowledge (trust me i know) because he was talking about how if i put the turbo kit on I'll be easily pushing 600hp, and all this other junk. And i know all i need is a clutch but I'm pretty sure i need a working trans 2 which i cant afford after my last mishap in buying one. I don't think my DA is very well put together and someone else should take care of it who has more knowledge on things like that. Cause obviously i don't thats why i messed up with it
Old 01-18-2011, 05:54 AM
N/A
Purpose Built

To each his own I guess..

Around here I could trade just that engine for a stock eg hatch
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by N/A
To each his own I guess..

Around here I could trade just that engine for a stock eg hatch

With needing a new headgasket, and 90k miles?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 AM
N/A
Purpose Built

Yes, ive traded just a stock gsr head with unknown miles for an eg before
Old 01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would trade it and get something better. Sounds like a money pit to me.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:04 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

What project isn't a money pit?
Old 01-19-2011, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Slickrick936
I would trade it and get something better. Sounds like a money pit to me.

would a stock eg be considered "better"?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just got the car back no trans or clutch in its sideways cause only 1 engine mount is on, & they took off my intake! +1 for me!

And then the guy with the EG i think traded for a supercharged integra, so FML
Old 01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
N/A
Purpose Built

Umm, its one screw to take off a intake why u excited??
Old 01-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, see there's 2 sides of the fence here: on one side, you've got problems with a car, you fix them. you take it as a learning experience. overcoming the issues and fixing the problems yourself allows you to have a true appreciation for your car. it's like anything; you devote time and energy into it and you will develop some form of love for it.
then there's the other side. you regret ever spending the time that you did and decide to cut your losses and move on before **** gets deeper. that's the pre-money pit stage. remember though, it's only money. can't take it when we die. sometimes, you gotta go ***** deep into **** in order for the rewards to be truly gratifying. it's what makes rewards what they are. no pain no gain.
i'll ask you this: do you really really like this car? minus the problems? if you do, fix the problems. i know it's easy for me to say since i have access to a shop with anything and everything i could possibly need to fix any problem. but before i did, i spent a lot of rainy days and dark nights in the driveway working on my hondas, and i wouldn't have it any other way.
guess it just boils down to how much you actually like the car and whether or not you want to further the relationship, or cut your losses where you stand. in which case, no one can tell you what you should or shouldn't do