Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides???

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides???

what kind of anti-theft devices do you guys have on your cars?? which things work the best? what do you recommend?? I have a viper alarm, hoodlock, autolock, and a steering wheel lock, not the auto club but the one with four hooks. Does the factory starter kill work well??
Old 04-26-2002, 07:18 AM
New User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (2000GSR)

I have the factory alarm. It seems like most people are more concerned with making thier cars faster b/c everytime I ask a question about security no one seems to answer.

I still am trying to find info on how to make a fuel cut off switch.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (96GSR)

Viper alarm/Plastic ice scraper...just in case they wanna get physical!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:26 AM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (Jamison)

Compustar alarm, saved my car from being stolen
Old 04-26-2002, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (metal-x)

glock 9. all the security you need bishes!!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:41 AM
New User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (Pineapple Devil)

How did you teach your car to pull a gun on a criminal??!!
Old 04-26-2002, 07:44 AM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (2000GSR)

I don't know if you would be interested in this but Boomerang II has a satelite system that tracks your vehicle. Hope that helps.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (kitsgsr)

is it possible to make a switch like the ones that cops have in their cars?? they have a button thet they have to hold down and then start the car normally. would that be spliced into an ignition wire or somethin?? cause if you could make somethin like that it would make it a lill harder to steal right?
Old 04-26-2002, 08:41 AM
Trial User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (LillDragun)

cause if you could make somethin like that it would make it a lill harder to steal right?
Tow trucks don't care what kind of alarm you have....

I had an alarm on a Mitsubishi Mirage LS when I was married.... woke up the next day and it was gone... from outside our apartment....

tow company towed it cause we were "over the line" into the next spot.....

how fukin weak... i chewed the manager out for about 1/2 hour... fukin **** apartment managers and low rent govt subsidized losers in a nice complex..
Old 04-26-2002, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (GSRwBOOST)

well what i'm trying to say is that it could stop or slow someone from stealin ur ride right?
Old 04-26-2002, 12:06 PM
New User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides???

None, whatsoever. In fact, I usually keep it unlocked and the keys in the ignition so I remember where I left them. I live on 1438 Maple street, Santa Monica, CA. I have an expensive car with lots of money put into it and lots of stuff that could be resold.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tow trucks and pro-theives wont care what security measures you have.. w/ that said..

I have a Clifford alarm w/ pager and all black wiring so the theif cant re-trace the wiring.. brain hidden pretty well, hood pin switch, batt back up, internal (in cabin) siren, siren in hood, and also my air-horns go off along w/ my alarm sirens.. when my alarm goes off its LOUD!!!!... pager unit, tilt sensor, shock/impact sensor, and also proximity sensor... my windows and sunroof automatically roll up/close when my alarm arms.. and my doors lock when it arms.. if i forget to arm it.. it arms itself in 30 seconds after I close the door... also have Club steering wheel lock and autolock (clutch lock), hood lock, also have 3 kill switches which I'm not going to discuss for the safety/security of my car... I dont keep valuables exposed when I part.. all the CD's in my car are burned (Korean pop) so I doubt the theif would want them.... hide all your cell phone, cell phone charger, cd's, head unit remote controls, sunglasses, etc.. all your valuables...
Old 04-26-2002, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (GSRaCeRbOI)

viper alarm, autolock clutch lock, take off hub for my steering wheel, and a switch that cuts off my fuel pump hidden somewhere in the car
Old 04-26-2002, 03:02 PM
New User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (fujitsuten)

Laaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzerrrrrrss
Old 04-26-2002, 03:43 PM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (Pineapple Devil)

where the hell did you get Bish? Dont go around stealing my words.. you online gamer you... Bah!
Old 04-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pitbull.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:10 PM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (LSnoVTEC)

I keep my cars locked up in a garage. I also have a beater to drive around to work, etc.
Ditto
Old 04-26-2002, 04:24 PM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (MY99GSR)

I keep my cars locked up in a garage. I also have a beater to drive around to work, etc.

Ditto
Ditto + Soon new 12 guage shotty!
Old 04-26-2002, 06:49 PM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (Ares81883)

A big black guy named ben that sits in my car and when anyone comes within 6' of the car he gets out and says, "Step away from the car ***** fuckah!"

No seriously I have a prestige alarm (from the dealer), and thats it... was looking into getting a fuel pump cut off switch and mabye a club-like thing to lock the wheel or gas/brake...

Although unless you people get a "boot" for your wheel ANY CAR CAN BE FLATBEDDED away which happens alot in NJ, the break in the car, cut the battery and push it on a flatbed and thats it, your **** out of a car.... not much you can do to stop that from happening sadly.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:28 PM
New User

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (shadowdawn)

i have factory alarm, club, autolock, and a kick *** kill switch, which im sure no one has.......
Old 04-26-2002, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (Nighthawk GS-R)

full coverage insurance
Old 04-27-2002, 08:13 AM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (degradated)

None, whatsoever. In fact, I usually keep it unlocked and the keys in the ignition so I remember where I left them. I live on 1438 Maple street, Santa Monica, CA. I have an expensive car with lots of money put into it and lots of stuff that could be resold.
hmm...i have a feeling someone wants some insurance money
Old 04-27-2002, 08:22 AM

Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (GSRaCeRbOI)

full coverage insurance
do you have your mods covered? what company and how much per year (also what age, M/F)

I have a Clifford alarm w/ pager and all black wiring so the theif cant re-trace the wiring.. brain hidden pretty well, hood pin switch, batt back up, internal (in cabin) siren, siren in hood, and also my air-horns go off along w/ my alarm sirens.. when my alarm goes off its LOUD!!!!... pager unit, tilt sensor, shock/impact sensor, and also proximity sensor... my windows and sunroof automatically roll up/close when my alarm arms.. and my doors lock when it arms.. if i forget to arm it.. it arms itself in 30 seconds after I close the door... also have Club steering wheel lock and autolock (clutch lock), hood lock, also have 3 kill switches which I'm not going to discuss for the safety/security of my car... I dont keep valuables exposed when I part.. all the CD's in my car are burned (Korean pop) so I doubt the theif would want them.... hide all your cell phone, cell phone charger, cd's, head unit remote controls, sunglasses, etc.. all your valuables...
Keeping with what you said, that is basically the alarm that I want. My airhorns are soon to come in, I clan on sticking 2 alarm sires (internal and external), extra battery, hood, tilt, shock, and proximity sensors. Id like the features of the roll up and all that stuff. But id prefer to have auto start and a pager on it. What system do you have (clifford ____?)?
Old 04-27-2002, 08:23 AM
New User

I have a 99 GSR with the viper alarm, glass sensors, hood pops, trunk, the auto club and about 4 kill switches.
Old 04-27-2002, 03:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides??? (integra-modder)

integramodder: sup man. is that what you IM'd me about? cuz u din really say anything else... anyways.. its a Clifford AvantGuard III.. they dont make it anymore/got a new model out now.. their out w/ AV4 (G4) now.. but you can have or get all the features I have w/ that alarm too... some of the stuff was optional (actually a lot.. smart windows modules, internal siren, batt back up for brain, air horn hook up, pager, the 2 stage sensor, etc).. but a lot comes standard also... but my homeboi was hooking it up (unit and install)... yeah remote start also ... it has a lot of features.. I have a Clifford pager... its aight.. range isnt all that.. that was optional also... as well as the smart windows modules for the window/sunroof closure.. but my homeboi hooked it up so I couldnt tell you what retail at a store would be or how to connect/install that stuff...

Quick Reply: what kind of security measures has everyone taken on their rides???