Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

weird noise..axle problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:50 PM
.M.
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird noise..axle problem?

well no one posted on my other thread so today i went to check what was up with the noise on my driverside wheel. i take off the wheel..the tire is all fucked up(too much chirpin ) and i turn the brake foward and backwards and the noise is heard. its like coming from the middle of the car.. like a noise when ur going through gears in ur car without the car turned on. sounded just like that. i dont really know what the problem is but whenever i moved the brake foward and backwards it kept making that noise. help-a-brotha out!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:41 PM
.M.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (JH4DC4)

upp!!
Old 08-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Hijacked

im not really sure wuts wrong wit it too.. but try to check ur axle, brake lines and all the components, brake fluid.. i dunno im just guessing... check ur brake pads too it might not rubbing even to ur brake rotor..
Old 09-01-2004, 01:17 PM

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (Stock_LS)

cv joints? check the boots if theyre cracked or torn i would look into that
Old 09-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

like when you turn the brake rotor, it sounds like metal parts are moving around? That's normal when you turn one wheel but not the other, it's the various parts of the differential moving around.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:36 PM
.M.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (PatrickGSR94)

what do u mean patrick? yeah it has that sound of metal clicking together when i move the brake rotor. i only took off the driverside and did it cause the other sides werent clicking.

the noise gets really loud and clicks a lot during freeway driving. i've stoppped drivng on the freeway cause the noise is loud and its pretty scary like the cars gonna break any second.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

what I was talking about can't be heard while driving, I dunno what you're talking about, but it doesn't sound good.

Try this, put the front end on jackstands, take the wheels off, start the engine, and then put it in 1st gear and slowly release the clutch (no gas). The front axles and brakes will start turning, and you can look around and try to find the source of the noises, if it still makes the same noises at that slow speed.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:36 AM

check your brakes and axles. should be one or the other, might be a wheel bearing.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i kind of have the same problem. i didnt get very good answers last time. but there's a thump kind of thing when i make tight left turns. someone said maybe the cv boot/joints. but my bf said that if it was, then it would click continuously and not just once. so, uhm, yah? maybe the boot. i just got whole new axle assemblies n crap and my brakes checked and blah blah blah. i dunno.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:26 PM

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (laezpnai)

Axles, CV boots, brake pad worn down and now rubbing rotor constantly. Maybe your caliper piston isn't closing all the way and its holding the pad against the rotor. Hell maybe even the splines are messed up on the part of the axle thats in the differential. Start doing various tests. have fun.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:01 AM

My car makes the same damn noise but only when i hit dips and makes the car bounce then i'll hear it. it's like a tunk tunk tunk sound haha. Noticed then when I swapped out my axle. I'm thinking it's one of hte balljoints.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:15 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by laezpnai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i kind of have the same problem. i didnt get very good answers last time. but there's a thump kind of thing when i make tight left turns. someone said maybe the cv boot/joints. but my bf said that if it was, then it would click continuously and not just once. so, uhm, yah? maybe the boot. i just got whole new axle assemblies n crap and my brakes checked and blah blah blah. i dunno. </TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds like your balljoint to me, is your wheel stiff at all?
Old 09-04-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (94IntegraNL)

my friend had a problem like that on his LS. His brakes were screwed up. Need some adjustments and a few parts replaced.
Old 09-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (94IntegraNL)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 94IntegraNL &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sounds like your balljoint to me, is your wheel stiff at all?</TD></TR></TABLE>
nah not really.. iOno? *BAH! STUPID CAR! KICK!*
Old 05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished replacing my clutch and this sound appeared.

I got the same problem, noise comes from the drivers side axle, flywheel area. its like a clunk clunk clunk sounds when it starts to move only. you cant hear it in neutral. I just finished replacing my clutch and this sound appeared.

I jacked the car up and rotated the passenger and drivers wheel and the sound only came when i rotated the drivers and i went under the car so i know the sound is either the axle or in the flywheel area.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: weird noise..axle problem? (thrty8street)

up
Old 05-19-2005, 07:13 AM

clunk clunk could be cv boots. check them for signs of tears or rips. they should be full of grease. if they arent you need a boot replacement kit or new axles. also consider bad shocks in the rear will make a clunk noise almost always upon acceleration and in between gear engaging. best thing to do for noises coming from the wheel/axle assembly region is to jack it up and wiggle the wheel both on the sides and bottom to top. if there is excessive play left to right it could be tie rod is messed up or excessive rack and pinion play. if it is up and down it it usually bad wheel bearings. but in your case go to an open parking lot and lock your stearing wheel to the side u suspect making the noise. if it clunks then its ur axles.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (typerhedlights)

alright i checked and it was actually my flywheel cover that was bent out of shape and it was hitting the axle when it rotated, it banged it back into shape and now its good

thanks for the help