Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Valve Springs on ITR Cam

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 12:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve Springs on ITR Cam

When installing ITR cam on GSR, it is necessary to change the valve springs to at least a ITR valve springs right? And there are a cheaper way to do it which is to put the stock intake side to exhaust side and put ITR intake springs back to intake side right?

But here's the problem, how many valve springs on intake and exhaust side on total? isn't it 16 on intake side and 16 exhaust side? what is inner and outer springs then? I am really lost.........

I've heard different versions, someone said there are 16 on total but someone said there are 32 on total....... #)(%*#()%*#() so what's the truth?

Old 04-26-2004, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Valve Springs on ITR Cam (ken-shin)

Id say just buy the whole thing, when it comes to motors somtimes going that extra step saves your motor from blowing up, espeacially if its valve-train components, thats something you dont want to take a risk on, ive seen some guys just drop in itr cams into stock heads and have massive floating after awhile of driving it hard..... good luck! there are inner valvesprings (smaller) and outer valve springs (bigger) 16x2=?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Re: Valve Springs on ITR Cam (Allmotordc2integ)

So there are 8 inner and 8 outer springs on intake side and 8 inner + 8 outer springs on exhaust side?

I have JDM CTR cams and ITR pistons(81.00mm) on hand and going to put it on next month so i need to upgrade the valve train, there are 1 thing that i am worrying which is the condition of the block, i think i should get the oversize piston rather than standard size, cos the engine is 60000km already, but in very good condtions. And it will be to late that when i try to fit the pistons and find out that the cylinder is worn. This really makes me mad
Old 04-26-2004, 06:54 AM

there are 16 valves total. 4 Cylinders X 4 valves/Cylinder (2 intake, 2 exaust) = 16 valves. I wouldnt screw around with putting half an itr valvetrain in. You wont get float from what i hear if you keep stock redline, but youre gonna want to raise it if you want a real power gain. Also, if youve got a lil extra, get the itr valvetrain, and use skunk2 stage 1's. They have a stronger (but higher) powerband.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:08 PM

I've got the stock overbore ITR pistons with the ITR cams and valve springs. It's the best thing I could have done for the car with 136K on it....runs like a champion....
Old 04-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the gsr intake springs are actually stiffer than the itr. the itr have less spring rate because the valves are lighter. i read this in the book How to build honda horsepower. The author Richard Holdener is pretty much an industry expert and everyting in the book has a dyno sheet to go with it.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Formerly of SF moved to DFW and now back in SF, CA, USA

If you are keeping the stock rev limiter you don't need to upgrade the valve train with ITR or CTR cams. It is best to get cam gears, VAFC and an FPR and fuel pressure gauge and then get it tuned properly to get the most power out of your setup. The whole time I had CTR cams and was running the stock valve train with no problems, even at high 3rd gear rpm's on a road course.

Old 04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Valve Springs on ITR Cam (Gee3)

the dual intake springs from the gsr head are actually the same on the exhaust side on the itr heads.....alot of people like to move there dual springs from the intake side to the exhaust side and run new itr dual springs in the intake side. that is how the itr head valve springs are set up. 32 springs total
Old 04-27-2004, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Valve Springs on ITR Cam (raceinspired)

So you mean GSR havd 16 in total and ITR have 32 in total?
I am planning to replace all of them because brand new always good
Old 09-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecmissle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecmissle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the gsr intake springs are actually stiffer than the itr. the itr have less spring rate because the valves are lighter. i read this in the book How to build honda horsepower. The author Richard Holdener is pretty much an industry expert and everyting in the book has a dyno sheet to go with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

can you tell me where in that book it states that the gsr intake valve springs are stiffer than the itr's, i can't find the passage. I've read this speculation on team-integra, but the guy wasn't sure, it would be significant to verify it.

This COULD mean that ITR intake springs are BAD for itr intake cams on a gsr head.

Also the site below claims that the pre-'00 itr intake valve springs are the same part numbers as the gsr's. Can anyone verify the truth to this?

http://www.lightningmotorsport...a.htm

d