Old 12-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction bars

Who sells a good set of traction bars?
Old 12-16-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: Traction bars (bravoecho11)

nitto sells good sway bars and strut bars they arent adjustable so it has better stiffness
Old 12-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars (WideBody ITR)

there are some good traction bars in the sponser marketplace under suspension/wheels.
My question is, will traction bars mainly just help with launching, or will it help with cornering as well? Yes, I know that sway bars, and strut/tie bars are good to have too, but assuming I have those things already, would this help for taking corners faster?
Thanks
Old 12-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Full-Race A forum sponser
Old 12-16-2004, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Traction bars (NoBottleJustThrottle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NoBottleJustThrottle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there are some good traction bars in the sponser marketplace under suspension/wheels.
My question is, will traction bars mainly just help with launching, or will it help with cornering as well? Yes, I know that sway bars, and strut/tie bars are good to have too, but assuming I have those things already, would this help for taking corners faster?
Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've been wondering this myself. also, are they streetable? don't some companies say you have to remove the radius rods to use them on the street?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars (MugenDude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenDude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've been wondering this myself. also, are they streetable? don't some companies say you have to remove the radius rods to use them on the street?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bump for the quest for knowledge! Someone show us your vast wisdom about traction bars.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Standing on the corner selling cocaine, rippin shows live on stage for hoes yellin my name
Default Re: Traction bars (WideBody ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WideBody ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nitto sells good sway bars and strut bars they arent adjustable so it has better stiffness</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nitto??? Nitto makes tires. Unless there is another company called nitto that makes traction bars I am baffled.

As for traction bars, JimFab makes a set, as does Full-Race. I am going after a Full-Race unit myself, they claim it is streetable and will make your car very stable at high speeds. L-Con makes a set and so does Competition Engineering, but those two aren't supposed to be used on the street. If you check the drag racing section this has been talked about several times, that's where I found the info.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars (JDMThoughts)

I'm telling you.. get the FULL-RACE bars!!!! They are simple to install & basically eliminate wheel hop. Very stable!
Old 12-16-2004, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Traction bars (AlxSiR7)

basiclaly No they wont help cornering. On acceleration you have massive weight transfer to the rear wich takes takes weight away from the front and traction from your drive wheels. More weight over the drive tires means more traction for launches. In a nutshell trac bars help keep the car from pitching backwards and transferring the wight to the rear tires, it helps keep the weight more even front to back, but has no effect on lateral, left to right, weight transfer. Sooo no help through the twisties to found there, you need sway bars and tower bars for that.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Abusing my rights one day at a time.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, thinking about gettnig the Full-Race traction bar............but how exactly does it work?? Because, it seems like the only way it could eliminate wheel-hop is by basically making my front suspension rock-hard. Is this what it does? Cause mine is a daily driver, and I don't wanna feel like I'm on chopped springs all day.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars (Nekekami)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nekekami &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">basiclaly No they wont help cornering. On acceleration you have massive weight transfer to the rear wich takes takes weight away from the front and traction from your drive wheels. More weight over the drive tires means more traction for launches. In a nutshell trac bars help keep the car from pitching backwards and transferring the wight to the rear tires, it helps keep the weight more even front to back, but has no effect on lateral, left to right, weight transfer. Sooo no help through the twisties to found there, you need sway bars and tower bars for that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i beg to differ, i have been in a car that has bars and it was a diff from full turned (tight ) and full turned loose, better around turns IMO and better traction just about all the time
Old 12-16-2004, 06:52 PM
DFW
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Traction bars (jason bouchard)

Jimfab
Old 12-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Traction bars (Mordeki)

anyone been in a car with traction bars while it was raining? did the car have more control? i've learned a lot about traction bars since i started reading this thread.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Standing on the corner selling cocaine, rippin shows live on stage for hoes yellin my name
Default Re: Traction bars (MugenDude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MugenDude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone been in a car with traction bars while it was raining? did the car have more control? i've learned a lot about traction bars since i started reading this thread. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That is really gonna come down to the tires you use. Traction bars will keep your car more stable at high speeds. As for rain, that comes more down to tires, because your suspension won't save your *** if you are driving too quickly or too agressively. It will keep your car stable and keep more weight on your front tires during acceleration, so if you are doing hard acceleration in the rain, you should still expect wheel spin, but no wheel hop.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Traction bars (JDMThoughts)

I got a FULL-RACE traction bar for sale if interested. BRAND NEW!
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1092656 MY LOSS
Old 12-22-2004, 12:54 PM

go to http://www.z10eng.com. they make excellent traction bars. they are used to help eliminate wheel hop