Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing belt snapped.....wat possibly happen>:0

my friend has a built b20 integra
port and polish ls head milled .002
stock b20 bottom end
crower stage 2 nonvtec cams
crower complete valve springs and retainer
along with a GSR tranny and a 4 puck clutch/14lb flywheel

ok well this is what happen we were cruisin on the freeway towards Oakland to pick up some stuff for me... and bam the car die out and loses rpm fast pull over to the side attempt to start it 4 times...pop the hood i am looking at the starter then i look at the timing belt it snapped.........pull the head off 8 bent valves......remove all 16 valves at a speed shop and install stock ls valves from a stock head i have at home overlap them too make sure they seal good.......swap the head back on plug all sensor drain oil and put fresh new motor oil in....bam the car doesn't start battery low so we try jumpin starting it still no signs of starting the block spun fine when the head was off.....no cracks walls were perfect timing belt was installed and time precisely .....any ideas why it won't start do i need a stronger chrage to start the car.....or something else went wrong when the timing belt snapped it snap around 85mph...........the car equipped with msd could the box have burned>? could the stock ecu have burned>?

need help
thanks
Old 03-10-2004, 01:48 AM

Default Re: timing belt snapped.....wat possibly happen>:0 (GunMETAL_TEgRa)

maybe you dont have the map sensor pluged in... or you dont have spark, put a screw driver into the spark plug wire and touch it neer ground and crank the engine to see if you have spark.. if no spark then replace the coil... and are you sure that the crank is lined up with the cams correctly for the timing... NO COMPRESSION, NO START! oh yea... make sure your ground cable is connected to your valve cover on a bolt! not only on the valve cover cause it wont ground though a gasket... thats a problem people always have... the car wont start if it doesnt have a good ground
Old 03-10-2004, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: timing belt snapped.....wat possibly happen>:0 (Nsx408)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nsx408 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe you dont have the map sensor pluged in... or you dont have spark, put a screw driver into the spark plug wire and touch it neer ground and crank the engine to see if you have spark.. if no spark then replace the coil... and are you sure that the crank is lined up with the cams correctly for the timing... NO COMPRESSION, NO START! oh yea... make sure your ground cable is connected to your valve cover on a bolt! not only on the valve cover cause it wont ground though a gasket... thats a problem people always have... the car wont start if it doesnt have a good ground</TD></TR></TABLE>
Make sure the ground is on the bolt that holds the valve cover on. Just tryin to clear that up a little.