Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension upgrades

in the future (summer most likely) i will be adding a turbo. but there are other weak points of my car (95 LS) that i would like to give attention to before i boost. one major thing is that i noticed that the handling can get a little sloppy at higher speeds when not going perfectly straight. what would be a good order of upgrades? i see all kinds of **** like tie bars, strut bars, springs, lower control arms, etc etc etc. im just looking to get the best handling suspension out of the car. i dont have to have it slammed or lookin pretty, i want it to handle that i throw down at the car. so help me out guys!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: suspension upgrades (eymnewdc2)

Can't go wrong with the Koni yellows with eibach, or for a close to reasonable price, the koni yellows with the koni springs. Not too much drop, pretty firm, and good stuff, great price. If you got money out your ears, go for a full coilover setup. From what I hear, the Omnipowers are not the best thing since sliced bread. They are decent, but you get what you pay for. In this case, you get a little bit more than what you pay for. Not too much more though.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension upgrades (marsbike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marsbike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can't go wrong with the Koni yellows with eibach, or for a close to reasonable price, the koni yellows with the koni springs. Not too much drop, pretty firm, and good stuff, great price. If you got money out your ears, go for a full coilover setup. From what I hear, the Omnipowers are not the best thing since sliced bread. They are decent, but you get what you pay for. In this case, you get a little bit more than what you pay for. Not too much more though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

koni springs? never seen those before. and who has the best price on koni yellows?
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search search search.......

First thing is to look into better tire and wheel package.

Shocks and springs will very from person to person.....
ITR, or aftermarket rear sway bar.
Upper front tie bar
Upper rear tie bar.

Below are other things to search for, but you might not have to put on the car, its up to you.
Lower tie bars, front and rear. These are up to you, some people say the dont do a thing.
Skunk2 or Omni upper control arms to adjust camber
Any muber of rear camber kits (skunk, omni, ingales...etc)

Old 01-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

koni yellows and ground control coilovers
awesome setup for the price, adjustable, and you can customize rates on coilovers when ordering to your liking.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: suspension upgrades (-iLLuZioN-B18C1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by -iLLuZioN-B18C1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">koni yellows and ground control coilovers
awesome setup for the price, adjustable, and you can customize rates on coilovers when ordering to your liking. </TD></TR></TABLE>

how do you figure out spring rates? or load rates, whatever you wanna call it. or should i just get the general ones for a dc2? cause i dont wanna end up ******* something up.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

are there certain upgrades i should do first? besides lowering it ... which i plan on doing, i hate wheel gap and how high my car sits. but what upgrades actually work? or do they all work? there just seems to be a lot of **** out there and some of it doesnt really look like it does a damn thing. im just wanting to know what i will feel the most after installation. and then i can do the less important things later when i have extra money
Old 01-06-2005, 11:14 AM

Since your car is 10 years old now, you might consider replacing all of the suspension bushings. Energy Suspension makes polyurethane bushings for a reasonable price, but you will probably notice a harsher ride and there is much debate over the value of poly bushings. I would tend to go with new OEM bushings, since they are a little more forgiving, work very well, and are cheaper.

The 95 LS does not come stock with a front shock tower bar, which the gs-r does come with. You could probably find a gs-r one for pretty cheap, or get a decent aftermarket one for $150 or less. As for the rear, many people like the type-r rear sway, which would require purchasing the Beaks or BSQ kit to make it work. A rear shock tower bar may help a bit as well, althought it cuts down on trunk room.

As for shocks and springs, koni yellows are great shocks. I would say their OTS valving should be able to handle GC coilover springs in the 400lb range without a problem, which will be fine for street use. If you ever decide to use them for the track, they are revalvable and you can get higher spring rates from Eibach, Vogtland, H&R or Hyperco. Koni yellows are the only OTS shocks that I would really think could handle any big drops - Neuspeed Race, H&R Race ~2.25 in drop usually), etc without a problem. If you got Eibach Prokit or Sportline, or Neuspeed Sport, Intrax, etc, you may be able to get away with KYB AGX, Koni Red OTS, or something cheaper (~1.5 inch drop).

Also, a really good option if you want a low cost alternative to the Koni Yellows is to get the Koni RSK kit (made from reds). They are revalved to Koni Yellow specs, have the same circlip adjustable perches, and are damping adjustable (off the car) and come with springs that are good for a 1.5 inch drop or so. I think I have seen them with Koni springs and Eibach springs, although Koni springs are made by Vogtland or H&R. I have seen the RSK kit for around $400 on ebay, including springs.

Modified by purplegsr (Exospeed) at 11:21 PM 1/6/2005
Old 01-06-2005, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i've got JDM ITR front and rear sway bars, ITR front strut bar, C pillar bar, tokico illuminas, and skunk2 coilovers. pretty good set up, not too exspensive either. koni yellows are ****** good, but outta my price range. and i just got skunk2 coilovers cause they were cheap (for me at least) and i wouldn't have to wait for custom spring rates from GC.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SuckMyDOHC)

hey thanks guys. H.T. has always been a big help for me. i learn about my car everyday from this place and you all help out and arent dicks like other places that i try to learn from.