Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

strait newb turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strait newb turbo question

with'n the next month i'll be getting a integra GSR an have plans to turbo it but i was wondering if i needed to take the stages one at a time or if i could jus skip up to stage 2 turbo??

Old 09-20-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Re: strait newb turbo question (wanabeTOSA)

up
Old 09-20-2004, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You really need to do a shitload of research before you get anywhere near a turbo.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Re: strait newb turbo question (IntegraBoy04)

i have been for about 2-3 months but cannot figure this out - a stock gsr engine can take a stage 2 without any mods so is it ok for me to skip up?
Old 09-20-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What the hell is a stage 2.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:58 PM

are you talking about revhard stage 2? That is just the name of the kit.

This is not Need for Speed Underground man. There is no stage1, stage2, and stage3 boost upgrades.

Come on, do some ****** research. This site has more information that any one person can handle.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Kyoushu)

stock 7-8lbs
stock tunned 12-15 lbs

upgrade internals gets you more lbs
Old 09-20-2004, 08:06 PM

is it really about psi or is it about power output? I always figured it would have more to do with power output.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:42 PM

ya like a stage 1,2,3 greddy turbo kit etc.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:08 PM

ive done a lot of research and learning.

I dont recommend the greddy kit. just look at the parts in the kit and try to come up with some goals for your car.

Its not about 'stages' as much as its about the parts in the kits. the whole 'stages' thing in more of a marketing ploy imo.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kyoushu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its not about 'stages' as much as its about the parts in the kits. the whole 'stages' thing in more of a marketing ploy imo.</TD></TR></TABLE>

good call
Old 09-20-2004, 10:01 PM

Default Re: strait newb turbo question (IntegraBoy04)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraBoy04 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You really need to do a shitload of research before you get anywhere near a turbo. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea do some more research, geeze
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: strait newb turbo question (4DooRGiSzer)

it's about power output...not how many psi's your motor can take.

and no you shouldn't even boost yet since you don't know much about turbos. learn as much as you can first...how ever single part on a turbo system works and why you need it. do that first before you jump in head over heels. that's just my .02 cents.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:50 PM

Default Re: strait newb turbo question (shermanyang)

You should put a stage 3 turbo kit on your car with a stage 2 weight reduction. After that your racer hit points will be increased to 27,000.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

just do hella more research till you get the car..i think for a first timer you wont need any turbo. since you are a "nooB" Vtec is gonna be like turbo to you =P
Old 09-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DynastyRacer22)

lol, sounds like he's going by the GT3 game.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:21 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DynastyRacer22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> since you are a "nooB" Vtec is gonna be like turbo to you =P</TD></TR></TABLE> look whos talking n00b........ anyway dude look in the FI section those guys will help you out just do some research before asking these questions. there is TONS of info here
Old 09-21-2004, 08:57 AM

stages????
i have a stage 4 turbo kit on my skyline and it was really fast but i lost my need for speed game

but dude really dont post again for like 5 days quit your job and get a case of redbull and search this site 24/7 until you dont sound like a f&f dumbass who wants to drift with a s2k powered crx

do some ****** reserch
Old 09-21-2004, 09:35 AM
evil_schmevil

I wanted the most power possible so I got a stage 1000 kit. It produces more power because the salesman told me so. He only charged me 10 grand for the kit too!

Seriously. Turbocharging a GSR ain't a walk in the park. They are relatively high compression engines so you can't run as much boost without pulling a lot of timing.

Look into a ZEX kit or something, much easier and cheaper. Just use a small shot.

I see broken ring lands in your future.

Old 09-21-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: strait newb turbo question (b20vtec+boost=v8 killa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b20vtec+boost=v8 killa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stages????
i have a stage 4 turbo kit on my skyline and it was really fast but i lost my need for speed game

but dude really dont post again for like 5 days quit your job and get a case of redbull and search this site 24/7 until you dont sound like a f&f dumbass who wants to drift with a s2k powered crx

do some ****** reserch</TD></TR></TABLE> you need to chill. its people like you who make me wish your dad wore a condom
Old 09-21-2004, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1quickLS)

haha i was bein sarcastic plus i might be a new on here but i sure know more then he does
Old 09-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Welcome to honda-tech where you get ripped on for asking a questions and for your car not being JDM enough. Anyways your question is not a dumb one, but sounds like you need to address a few questions first as others have mentioned. Ask yourself how much you wanna spend? How much power you are looking to get (no brainer, most you can for the least $$$)? etc.
Here is an article I think is decent to get you thinking about what path you take, aswell as enhancing anything you already know about turbo charging your car.

http://www.team-integra.net/se...D=219

Maybe some others know of more good articles they could share instead of being negative and condescending.
Good luck man.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:55 PM

Default Re: (Pharcyde)

aight thanks i guess.........

but ya ive read those kinda articals hella times i kno **** about turbo but nothin hands on, i dont have many friends who are into cars so the internet is what basically what helps the most

my friend jus put stage 1 turbo in his SI an withen a month or so i should be gettin my GSR an am plannin on gettin stage 2 turbo since im told the gsr can take it stock

so ya im not a complete dumbass i hope, im jus gettin into this but it will prolly be about a year before i actully install everything

prolly run it bout 8 psi to safe for those who were wonder'n

o an N2 puts holes in ur engine from what ive seen so i think im gona stay away from that

-peace-
Old 09-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wanabeTOSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wanabeTOSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aight thanks i guess.........

but ya ive read those kinda articals hella times i kno **** about turbo but nothin hands on, i dont have many friends who are into cars so the internet is what basically what helps the most

my friend jus put stage 1 turbo in his SI an withen a month or so i should be gettin my GSR an am plannin on gettin stage 2 turbo since im told the gsr can take it stock

so ya im not a complete dumbass i hope, im jus gettin into this but it will prolly be about a year before i actully install everything

prolly run it bout 8 psi to safe for those who were wonder'n

o an N2 puts holes in ur engine from what ive seen so i think im gona stay away from that

-peace-</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think you mean the rev hard stage 2 kit....like said before, there arent stages, thats just the name of the kit. I'm looking to put the same kit in my gsr. This kit isnt meant to run more than 10psi on a stock gsr motor(you can, but good luck rebuilding your motor after you blow it) if you want to run more than 10psi your going to need to do some work on the head of the motor and make sure its capable of handling what your looking for. Also like said before, set your horsepower goal, how much your willing to spend, and start researching on it ALL! But you said your not going to have it in there for about a year, so you've got time to research!
Old 09-21-2004, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (wanabeTOSA)

OMG, he still doesnt get . WTF is a stage 1 and stage 2?? Who makes the kits?This isnt Gran Turismo or Need for Speed Underground. Whatever, go with the "stage 2 turbo" I hope you are at least talking about a specific kit made by a manufacturer like Revhard or something of that nature. BTW, its n2o.

Quick Reply: strait newb turbo question