Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Stock GSR dyno comments on power/torque curve

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock GSR dyno comments on power/torque curve

Forgot to add that the green line is with butterflies open the whole time. The other two is standard butterfly operation.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Very good improvement.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NemesisCBR
Funny you guys should post on my thread today. I havent kept up with this since september. Just a guess but i think youll get anywhere from 10-12 on AVG if going from stock. This might be high but im giving the hytech its reputation plus you mention a bit of tuning work. Listing your other mods will be useful.

Coincidentally from today! Type R cams in with full jdm type r exhaust since my last dyno.
So this graph you have ITR cams and the JDM exhaust? Still on stock GSR compression, right?
Old 03-15-2012, 12:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i have aem 3" intake hytech header on the way dc sport now.. invidia exhaust w cat.. and chipped ecu w neptune on the way
Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by OH_1fstgsr
So this graph you have ITR cams and the JDM exhaust? Still on stock GSR compression, right?
Yes those are the only two changes made since the first one. I will probably not mess with compression at all but its something in the back of my mind if i ever go beyond the current goal.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NemesisCBR
Yes those are the only two changes made since the first one. I will probably not mess with compression at all but its something in the back of my mind if i ever go beyond the current goal.
I was at about 182/134whp on a dyno jet with ITR cams and the Stock GSR Manifold. At that time was compression was 11:1 ish. Your power seem about right for 10:1 compression. Good job.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah makes me want a jdm gsr block but i could just as well put together some other block if i wanted to go that route. I have a very strong feeling that i will end up doing that down the line.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:18 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Those ITR cams require a VTEC transition closer to 4,800 RPM. The 4,400 RPM transition is responsible for that torque dip.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Was going to get a vafc to play with it or another ecu but skipping that step entirely with the additon of a manifold, hondata and a tune. Ill prob run a itr ecu in between the manifold install and the tune but unsure if ill do a dyno for another graph.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im actually interested in this thread. dyno'd my car last week @ a dyno day. Stock JDM GSR, RMF Rep, HKS hi power, CAI, Hondata with jdm gsr basemap. It needs a tune bad. I have some 01 ITR cams ready to throw in with a SKunk2 IM. These numbers are @ above 5000ft altitude.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I couldnt even begin to imagine the impact your altitude has on the power you make but that sounds pretty high up there. Very interested in hearing what people have to say about the power youre making at that altitude. If you were down here id expect much higher numbers with those mods.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The high altitude really effects cars here. I am at 4600ft and my car acts way diffrent here then it did when i was at 550ft eight months ago deff notice more slugishness even for a stock b18b. It really sucks. My buddy ran a 11.9 here when eight months ago he ran a 11.2 at 550ft thats almost a whole sec. Even old carb cars should be re-jetted for this altitude. The rule of thumb for some what high altitude is if your running it up here get it tuned up here dont send it somewhere else. I am an Apache mechanic and i can tell you that even my Aircraft runs diff up here compared to sea level. And when we were at 8000ft we could barely get the Aircraft to take off with a full fuel and weapons load. I know thats a diff machine then a car but its still essentially a internal combustion engine. Rotary guys are sucking up here since they already run lean.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice topic makes me want a b18c1 in my engine bay.........
Old 03-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pssssh ur already thinkin that far just save a little more and go c5!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The c5 or b18c(r) is so sexy. Thats what i am going for eventually
Old 03-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so im preparing to add the pro series manifold, blox 68mm tb, hondata gasket, aem 3" cai, and run on a p73 ecu til i can save up for a s100 + tune. I have a chipped p28 sitting around, i just have no idea what is on it. I only know it was running on a gsr with the sk2 manifold before so it was either a gsr basemap without butterflies and increased vtec or itr basemap. Ill be doing another dyno to see the gains after this. Hopefully the next string will be done within a month.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish there were more threads like this with pretty stock b16 dyno charts. I kinda regret going with a b16. What boggles my mind is how the hell a GSR motor feels so much faster when my jdm b16 has same hp at 170, torque is I think 116 on them and the GSR is 128, correct me if I'm wrong but dammit! That's only 12ft.lbs difference. Not fair man! Lol
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Romper4444
I wish there were more threads like this with pretty stock b16 dyno charts. I kinda regret going with a b16. What boggles my mind is how the hell a GSR motor feels so much faster when my jdm b16 has same hp at 170, torque is I think 116 on them and the GSR is 128, correct me if I'm wrong but dammit! That's only 12ft.lbs difference. Not fair man! Lol
the b18c1 makes it's torque earlier and has a much flatter curve. b16's are very peaky.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wondering if i should opt for a phearable.net ecu over the stock type r ecu as a temporary. Part of that consideration is maybe i can use that same phearable ecu with the s100 directly when im ready for tuning instead of the chipped p28 which i have no idea what is on it except that it runs a sk2 manifold on a gsr. Then i can just sell the chipped p28. I know i can get a ecu with a type r base map so what other benefits might i get out of choosing that up front?

What sounds simpler? Type R ecu(buy)>chipped p28(own)+s100(buy)+tune or Phearable ecu(buy)>s100(buy)+tune?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this thread is intresting....
my build...
97 stock gsr block with stock rotating assymbly.(210 compression across the board)
97 gsr head w/ 97 spec itr cams+valves+valve springs+keepers
skunk pro series intake mani
"toda" style header
hondata s100 (untuned)
ive read that similuar builds got around 180 hp on my setup.
but, my tuner guy is saying that ide be lucky to hit 170....
pssshhhh thats ghey bullchit!!
my usdm type r made 172... stock!!! why couldnt I hit 175+
well, ill have updates on this matter in a week .
Old 04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Definately post those results. Each motor is unique even with the same or similar bolt ons as is the conditions in which the dynos are done but its still great to have the data. I dont see why you couldnt do 170, youre one step ahead of me with the manifold on. Does installing the s100 do anything without being touched?

Got the ITR ecu and s100 now just waiting to get the manifold on then dyno it with the ITR ecu. After that i wait til i have money for a tune and throw in the chipped p28 with s100. If i could burn the cash id dyno with the stock manifold running the ITR ecu with butterflies open to see if its better on that setup then the stock gsr ecu. Im sure it is but data sheet is best! Donations? =D If anyone has seen or know of comparisons on the stock manifold with itr cams just running the itr ecu or basically some similar ecu with a higher vtec point, id like to hear about it.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the s100 must atleast have a base map....
Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks ill have to ask jeffbro what was on it last.

So i put in my type r ecu to run it with my stock manifold, butterflies open. Gotta say it feels better than gsr ecu with butterflies open. Doesnt lag as much if at all in the midrange and higher up vtec point pulls pretty hard and seems to keep going past my stock ecu but cant be sure. I might actually run this until i get the manifold changed.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's one of my OLD dyno sheets when my car was pretty much stock

First run was with one of my chipped ecu's, second run was with a stock ecu. Mods at the time was an AEM CAI, CTR intake cam, DC 4-2-1 header, and Greddy SP exhaust.

Here's another dyno right after I built my motor (had exhaust leaks to a sh!tty hytech replica header, running stock JDM cat). I have another dyno sheet showing this motor making 205whp after I got a new header but I can't find it anywhere.
Mods at the time were ctr oversized pistons, blox b cams, supertech valve train, skunk2 IM, ITR throttle body, comptech ice box, hytech replica header, tuned ecu, apexi ws2 exhaust.
The 205whp dyno run was with a rmf replica (kiddracing) header, high flow cat, v-stack intake.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by See_5
Im actually interested in this thread. dyno'd my car last week @ a dyno day. Stock JDM GSR, RMF Rep, HKS hi power, CAI, Hondata with jdm gsr basemap. It needs a tune bad. I have some 01 ITR cams ready to throw in with a SKunk2 IM. These numbers are @ above 5000ft altitude.
Those numbers are SAE corrected. Elevation was not a factor.

Quick Reply: Stock GSR dyno comments on power/torque curve