Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

someone tried to steal my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone tried to steal my wheels

At JMU first year students arent allowed to keep vehicles on campus so i keep my car parked at a friends house, about a 10 min walk away. Ive been worried about someone doing something or stealing my car but id never imagine it would happen already since its only been a week since ive driven it up! Anyhow last night some ******* decided to break in my friends new jeep (parked next to me) and pry open his glove box and center consol. Scratching everything up and stealing his cd collection. Its shitty because its brand new and only has about 1200 miles on it and this is the 2nd time his cds have been stolen, once in Richmond also. Then the ******* tried to steal my wheels (gunmetal 98-01 swirlies) but luckly 3 of my 4 wheels have locks. I didnt notice until the weird vibration i got when i backed my carup and began to turn the wheel. When I went to see what was wrong, the front right wheel was missing all the lug nuts! Then looked at my other wheels, all with only the lock intact.
i feel bad for my friend and his cds, But all in all im thankful all they got was my lug nuts and my babys still here. Unfortunately tongiht, my car still sits in the same spot theres nothing i can do except hope my friend keeps a watchful eye and the bastards dont come back.

cliff notes: Car is parked at friends house, his cds are stolen, and my wheels almost stolen but couldnt get the wheel lock off so they stole the regular lug nuts instead.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:06 PM

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (m0neynh0s)

sorry to hear that. I just got locking lugs for my slipstreams last friday. I hope they never get tested.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:06 PM

Wheel locks are easy to brake... be careful..
Old 09-09-2002, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah it sux at college you would think ppl smart enuff to get in a 4 yr university wouldn't be stupid enough to go around stealing things.. I had some rim theft attempts before but thankfully they weren't sucessful.. one time they chucked the lugs they were able to remove in my window as a nice "thank you" for having wheel locks and them not being able to take my rims i guess
Old 09-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (GSRaCeRbOI)

the only thing i can tell you is, see if you can get really bright motion lights where your car is parked. i hate criminals.
Old 09-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they'll never stop...there is always gonna be someone who has to have what someone else has.

on a side note... any pics of your rims? i'm thinking of doing my 98 swirls in either gunmetal or bronze
Old 09-10-2002, 03:32 AM

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (SMZ812)

yea be careful, my car was stolen right from the campus....
Old 09-10-2002, 05:40 AM

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (00BlueB18C5)

Your car was stolen from your campus, wow im always mad scared about that also when i first get to school theres no parking spaces so i have to park mad far away. then when i leave at 6 everyones gone and my car is all alone out there. and i dont have anytime to move it becouse i only have 15 minute breaks inbetween my classes. seriosly thinking about getting a club or something, or dont they have something else that locks onto the brake pedal or something?
Old 09-10-2002, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (94IntegLS)

I drove a beat up Civic when I was in college. I think that would be better security than anything else. Sell your car and get something crappy. Then you won't have to worry about anything, not even door dents and scratches. Those college kids don't drive too well and they will hit your car eventually.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Last year in november, I had the car stolen right from the damn parking garage at school. I'm in my 5th year of college and they had a huge problem last year with cars being broken into. MINE WAS FREAKIN STOLEN. They found it 12 hours later in Hartford and it was STILL RUNNING!! They tottaled the interior and stole the wing off the back. I had to rebuild the entire inside with bone yard parts including dash and seats, carpet, all kick panels, EVERYTHING!! Good luck to you.
Old 09-10-2002, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (Steak84SS)

thanks everyone, im going to look in to a motion detector its the least i can do for now.

SMZ812: Ive been trying to get a hold of a digi cam so ill post em up as soon as i gettem. IMHO, these wheels look bad *** in gunmetal, I have no regrets at all painting them.

Old 09-10-2002, 06:46 AM

that sucks man, hope you find the bastards
Old 09-10-2002, 07:03 AM

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (Steak84SS)

Last year in november, I had the car stolen right from the damn parking garage at school. I'm in my 5th year of college and they had a huge problem last year with cars being broken into. MINE WAS FREAKIN STOLEN. They found it 12 hours later in Hartford and it was STILL RUNNING!! They tottaled the interior and stole the wing off the back. I had to rebuild the entire inside with bone yard parts including dash and seats, carpet, all kick panels, EVERYTHING!! Good luck to you.
man that would suck. that must have been the worst feeling in the world to walk out to your car and it not be there.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:52 AM
New User

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (GSRaCeRbOI)

thieves suck.
Old 09-10-2002, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: someone tried to steal my wheels (RedGSR)

I drove a beat up Civic when I was in college. I think that would be better security than anything else. Sell your car and get something crappy. Then you won't have to worry about anything, not even door dents and scratches. Those college kids don't drive too well and they will hit your car eventually.

Unfortunately this is the best way to go about being secure. They best way to counter theives is to not have nice stuff. It sucks and I think that theives should die but there is no such thing as perfect protection.