Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

shift linkge leak wtf??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shift linkge leak wtf??

so the other day i was under my car just checking things out had to much free time thought id once over everything to check fo problems befor they happen.so i looked at my shift linkge and they where sticky and wet like some kind of oil was on them also my tranny has it all over the bottom from up top i can see nothing looks clean some times first gear is a lil hard to put in kinda have to put some ***** into it but goes in every time and pulls great while in gear. what could this be and how can i fi it thanks guys
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: shift linkge leak wtf??

Check your gear oil maybe? If it's all over the bottom of the transmission (And not the motor) that would make me think it was leaking from the front of the transmission and blowing back over everything.

EDIT: It wouldn't hurt to check your oil as well.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea im going to check today ive been meaning to just not alot of time.thanks any idea of where the common leak comes from on the tranny i never see spots on the floor nothing
Old 03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lower part of my engine/trans is COVERED in oil, top to bottom, but I don't have a tranny leak or an oil leak of any consequence. Mostly it's just 15 years of road grime and accumulated engine oil spilled during oil and filter changes. The only way to know for sure is to get it really clean and then to watch for a leak to come back. If it is tranny fluid, get it cleaned up and carefully inspect all of your rubber hoses and boots in the area. Tranny fluid eats rubber and can open up boots and lead to dried out joints.