Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Seats for DA9? Does anything fit without major mods?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats for DA9? Does anything fit without major mods?

Ok, I've searched to no avail. Seems like no one changes the seats in their DA's. But my seats suck and I really need to change them.

So here's my question. Short of the obvious answer of finding some clean US DA9 seats and just bolting them in, what fits? I know del Sol seats can be modified to fit; would that be the same for other EG seats? What about aftermarket rails/seats like Sparco, Bride, or Recaro? Is there anything made for DA's?

I bought my GS with ugly LS seats that have the worst upholstery of any Honda I've been in, let alone any Acura. Yikes.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Seats for DA9? Does anything fit without major mods? (hushypushy)

Are you looking for stock seats or ?? I have the Toms Motorsport seats in my DA9 they are the knockoff of the Sparco Sprint Jr, they are reclinable, clean looking and very comfortable. tomsmotorsport.com

Kristen
Old 09-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not really interested in knockoff seats. Although, I am interested in the rails. Do they make custom DA rails or did you modify something?
Old 09-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hushypushy)

My GS has those same seats. What's wrong with them?
Old 09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Maverick2K4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Maverick2K4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My GS has those same seats. What's wrong with them?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, this is just my opinion, but I have a few problems with them. First of all, they're ugly. I'm working on a tan to black interior conversion, and grey doesn't fit with either of those. Second, the fabric is absolutely terrible...it reminds me of the stuff they upholstered GM truck bench seats with in the 80's.

Third, I find them very uncomfortable. Side bolstering is almost non-existent and I can never get the lumbar adjuster to do what I want. On a last note, I have a GS, and one of the neat things that the GS/GSR got over the LS and the RS was different seats that feature bolster adjustment. I'd like to have these for the nicer fabric (quality and looks), to go with the GS status, and maybe the bolster adjustment will pay off for me.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I had to install insert nuts on the front seat mount rails but I was able to successfully install NSX seat in my ride. In the rear, I had to fab new seat mounts. The carpet has new holes so I went with red carpet from stock interiors and made it work. It looks like it belongs in there. I seriously doubt you can fit this in the 4dr (and why would you bother).

The back seat usage is now nullified but the seats hold you exceptionally well and you do sit a lot lower in the car.

I was able to fab a bracket to mount the seat belts and shoulder belt retractor on the NSX seats.

I never though it would but the optional center console clears the seats with the DA seat belt stuff.

The curvature of the upperhalf of the seats clears the armrest in the door panel and looking at the stuff everyone thinks the seats were meant for this car.