Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

removing DC dash

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: removing DC dash (new moves)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by new moves &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

still cant fathom how someone would actually crack or break the windshield, im sure you must do something wrong for that to happen. never heard of that in my life, and like i said, if you were to read, i told you have have not been on this site for long. that means nothing, this site doesnt make me who i am and the abilities i have. so jsut cuz i signed up again, recently doesnt make me a noob, only to this site. and dont be mad cuz without h-t you know nothing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

let me help you fathom (and don't get all defensive, I have nothing against n00bs or vets, and could care less which category you fall under)

if you don't remove the OEM steering wheel or drop down the steering column lower than stock, it is possible to crack the windshield with the pressure put on it by squeezing the dash inbetween the windshield and steering wheel...
it's a tight fit, I've squeezed it through without cracking it a couple of times, but have cracked it once as well.

so whether you can fathom cracking the windshield or not, it's better advice to tell people to remove the steering wheel so the unfathomable won't occur.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Default Re: removing DC dash (94integ-ls)

not trying to get into all the drama..
But i did it byself, the first time, and had it out in 40 minutes with a socket set and a power screwdriver. (so wheres my friggin cookie??)

take out the driver seat, drop the entire colomn. It takes an extra ten minutes to do, but saves a ton of headaches pulling the dash out..

when you pull the center vents out, disconnect the wire clips that go to the HVAC stuff, then rotate the whole thing upside down to get to the temp cable. It takes a little time to figure out to get apart, i cant explain it, but youll figure it out.

the passanger side airbag can stay untill you get the dash out, but the glovebox cant, one of the bolts that holds it in is on the right side of the metal strip that is behind the g box- Youll see it once its out. I disconnest the airbag clip while it was in the car, but left the airbag. you also have to remove the clock b/c the top center bolt is behind it.

The three clips that go into the fuse block cannot be plugged in anywhere other then where they are supposed to go.

I had to use the dash wiring from my stock dash as the the new one was all hacked, if this is your case as well, have some diagonal cutters handy to snap off the harness tie-downs. you may want to label what the wires go to if you swap over the wiring from dash to dash..

My only other advice is just tooo watch what your doing, and remember how it comes apart. Its not as complicated as say, converting from an auto to a manual (another dumb-*** thing ive done), you just have to be more carefull cause your dealing with plastic, harnesses and switches that can break easilly.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:47 PM

Default Re: removing DC dash (Cliffjumper2)

if you don't remove the OEM steering wheel or drop down the steering column lower than stock, it is possible to crack the windshield with the pressure put on it by squeezing the dash inbetween the windshield and steering wheel...
it's a tight fit, I've squeezed it through without cracking it a couple of times, but have cracked it once as well.

i understand this, but you didnt say it that way when you first posted the point we are arguing right now. but i did say that i would drop the column and you would take the steering wheel off, so why would it be an issue past that. but listen i dont want to argue with you anymore, you win. i give your right. lets just try to be more helpful, and less tit for tat.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing DC dash (flukeDC4)

the hvac stuff does not have to be taken out to get the dash out, but I digress...

the moral of this thread is that there is more than one way to skin a teg interior...
find which one works for you.

oh, and that's it's not too difficult.