Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Red96TurboLS build (oil pan to valve cover)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo LS, update: NEW NUMBERS!

FINALLY I AM DONE!!! She put down 463hp/340ft lbs tq on a stage 1 clutch and an open diff! This thing freaking HAULS.

I bought a BARE block (only had a crank and main caps) last year and finally started on it in march this year, piece by piece, pay check by pay check... Pics to follow...

Chassis:
267k on chassis
no-name craigslist coil overs
Motegi SX7 17"
lots of body damage
shitty bumper, shitty head lights
Eagle Eye HID w. 5000k bulbs
ABS, A/C, P/S, Heater delete (not driving car in winter, and havent had A/C in 4 years, ABS hasn't worked in 2 years and pump was leaking.)
Retaining SRS air bag systems.

Bottom end:
Golden Eagle HD Sleeves, O-ringed
Eagle Forged H-Beams
ACL bearings
OEM thrust bearings
Micropolished crank
Hot tanked of course
Blue printed and balanced, decked, 81mm stock bore
Every piece of the bottom end is brand new OEM honda from the oil pan to the head gasket, new timing belt, head gasket, virtually every bolt, tensioner and spring, oil and water pumps, every seal was replaced (cam seals, front and rear main seals, water tube seals etc)

Head:
Hot tanked (of course)
3 angle valve job
New OEM Guides, seals, seats, keepers and cam shaft cap bolts
Brian Crower stainless steel nitrade coated valves
BC Dual springs
BC Stage 2 turbo cams 280 degree?
again, every seal brand new. from tb/iacv/fitv. to exhaust mani.
Skunk2 adj. cam gers

Fuel Delivery:
Benen Industries High Volume fuel rail
OEM honda injector seals/o-rings and insulators
RC1200CC injectors
AEM FPR
Walboro 255 lph pump - in tank
E85 Fuel

Transmission
Syncrotech transmissions built LS trans with carbon synchros and MFactory LSD
Comp. Clutch stage 1
resurfaced OEM fly wheel
New OEM release bearing, flywheel cover, release fork boot, master and slave cylinders

Turbo:
Go-Autoworks Charge Pipe kit
Go-Autoworks Oil kit (retun/feed)
Pro-Sport Oil Press. / Boost Gauge
Hondata S300 w. BBG components
Turbonetics T3/T04E .57/.63 blue casing, I think its a stage 2 or 3 turbine wheel
Greddy Type-S BOV
TiAL 38mm WG
God-Speed Ram-Horn manifold
Open Downpipe/Open WG Dump
Ingersoll-Rand 3 port boost control solenoid
P61 ECU w/ Knock Sensor board delete FTW

Stopping:
Stop Tech drilled/slotted front rotors hawk pads
ABS deleted, RS brake lines

old motor 267k on this bad boy, never once changed timing belt and havent changed oil since november 2010.

tomorrow i'll be cutting a hole in the firewall for harness, removing blower, heater core and vent box. finishing the wire tuck and flare-ing the new fitting onto brake line for abs spec m/c. hopefully ill have it dropped in and off to the tuners by next week.

Last edited by red96turbols; 03-21-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: added additional post text
Old 11-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Red96TurboLS build (oil pan to valve cover)

save.

Last edited by red96turbols; 02-22-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: deleted pictures - too big
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice work!
Old 11-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so tonight I wrapped up all the wiring under the dash, connected everything and filled up all fluids. Honda mtf, coolant and valvoline 30 weight non detergent oil. Turned off fuel pump and cranked over a few times to get the oil in the system. Turned on the fuel pump and cranked her over..nothing but a few backfires! Fixed the firing order and tried again and fired right up! She sounds amazing! But there is a basics ****in oil leak coming from inside the timing belt cover, I think its the front pump seal but not sure yet. So far thats the only thing making but damn its big! Check the video.

http://static.photobucket.com/player...6-23-23-39.mp4
Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVzG...e_gdata_player
Old 11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, coming along nicely. Besides the thing puking oil! lol
Old 11-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build man!
Old 11-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright! So I finally got the car tuned. Ran into huge fuel leak issues with the RC injectors and had to put back the stock ones fortunatley sam had some lying around I just swapped him out for. Now i got 250 miles on the new engine with no issues yet besides the fact if i get down below a half a tank the car sputters and tries to die with no power, i think i ****ed up the fuel pump hose when i put it in. we'll leave that for another day - just a fail safe so i dont ever run out of fuel! the thing sounds great! those cams sound amazing after 4300 rpm but its rev limited at 4500 for the break-in period. No more oil leaks, no more fuel leaks. No more heater, a/c, p/s or abs! thing is a base base base baseeee model with power windows hahaha! i love it so far. will post pics of the bay and a vid as soon as i get some time and the weather is warmer.

thanks dirtyda9 and jeffa.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright so the motor is broken in at 918 miles on it, everythings working perfectly and running strong as a bull. I did a 3rd gear pull vs a 2007 civic si and it surprised me to say the least.

Now I'm just waiting on a few more parts to go turbo! I'm having a few issues trying to identify the turbo I picked up:

Turbonetics T-11294 is on the sticker on the compressor housing (blue anodized if that matters)
303430 E-57 is engraved on compressor housing but thats all the information on it

So far I "believe" its a Turbonetics T3/T04E .57/.63 stage 3 turbine but thats just a shot in the dark.

I ordered the manifold, its a 321 stainless ramhorn manifold and next week I'm going to order the charge piping from go-autoworks, found some injectors on craigslist for 100 bucks, RC550's (mine wouldn't seal so I sold them.)

Should have it done by the end of January i can't wait!
Old 12-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice build man Ls-T you got my vote I was thinking of going Ls-T but I'm going to try all motor first. Wish u got a video of you racing that 07 Si I would have had a kick out of that.

By the end of january u say wish I could finish my Ls engine before that
Old 02-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay minor update - will post a photo when I get home! Now there is 2,019 miles on the rebuilt engine and the timing belt was about to break already (O.E.M. Honda belt) luckily my friend Scuba Steve at Acura warranted the belt out for me. Still cannot find the mysterious coolant leak I saw a few weeks ago...

Over the last 3 days we mocked up and fabbed everything. Half size 3 row radiator had to move the radiator mounts. Modified charge piping a bit for fitment, cut out front bumper crap, installed Innovative Mounts 75A mounts (freaking AWESOME!) Fabbed up oil return lines, made all the t' fittings for the oil feed/sending unit.

To Do:

Install Injectors (RC1200CC)
Install Resistor Box
Wire up gauges (Boost, Oil Press, Oil Temp)
Install MAP sensor and EBCS (MAC or Hondata - idk which)
Downpipe/dump tube (Friday)
TUNE!

We started it last night to ensure the turbo didn't leak oil and that there were no oil leaks on any of the fittings etc. We didn't put on a downpipe (have to custom fab one of course) which we are doing friday when I get paid. Sounds beast. Overall this bad boy will be seeing boost by friday!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright I need some real help this time.

I installed resistor box, rc1200 (flow @ 1000 @ 43.5psi)
installed gauges etc, got downpipe/dump installed
got tuned..

I made 232/201 on 91 @ 6psi... now for the bad news..

after the last dyno pull i think the ecu shorted out. my tuner told me to take the resistor box out (he has never used them with any of rc injectors on any honda ecu and never had an issue.) so heres whats going on. after the last dyno pull he shut the car off, rolled it back and tried to start it up - nothing. we got it started with the fuel pump OFF (have an on/off switch.) however, it wouldn't go anywhere obviously the fuel pump is off... so after towing it home and looking into stuff i got a FP gauge and fuel press. is at 50 psi, tried lowering it with aem FPR and nothing. so then i hook up hondata to laptop and start datalogging with car running, fuel pump off.. heres the tricky part. no sensor data is displayed, the fuel/ignition table is all over the place with engine on or off, doesn't display rpm, ect, map, nothing.

is my ecu fried or is hondata destroyed too??? i can upload and download the calibrations off the ecu but it doesn't seem to be communicating with anything else. would it be because of the resistor box? it took 13 dyno pulls to do this... pleaaasee help with this one!

also, its a p61 ecu.

Last edited by red96turbols; 02-22-2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: added additional post text
Old 02-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are your new injectors low impedance? i have no idea what would happen if they were 12ohm and you ran a box. i do know that having the wrong load to the ecu is one of the few ways to kill a honda ecu
Old 02-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by racebum
are your new injectors low impedance? i have no idea what would happen if they were 12ohm and you ran a box. i do know that having the wrong load to the ecu is one of the few ways to kill a honda ecu
from RC's website

Resistance:
2.5 Ohms @ 68 F
Voltage:
8-15 Volts, nominal 13.5 Volts
Amperage:
Peak 4.0 Amps / Hold 1.5 Amps

RC called before they would ship them to see if i was running a resistor box of some sort. told them a resistor box and they said ok good and shipped them. though my tuner said take it out and throw it away because its not needed ??? wtf???
Old 03-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Figured out everything, finally. S300 wiggled loose off the socket and became un plugged - weird, stupid P61 ecu with your knock sensor board!

Hot-start issue: fuel tank was negatively pressurized due to restricted return line (nothing was flowing back to tank) which also inadvertently killed the fuel pump. Got a new pump same day and thats how I figured out the return was blocked (90 psi regardless of regulator or regulator adjustments) the block is in the rail itself though which is weird. Tomorrow after work I should be able to get the rail off and see wtf went on in there. I'm wondering if my buddy whom i got it from never tapped the regulator hole and thats why he had hot start issues (fuel pressure would rocket to 200psi almost and hold injectors shut)

I'm glad i got it figured out but annoyed that there is always something needing attention.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fuel rail was never tapped for the regulator feed... Explains previous owners hot start issue lol finally got the damn car figured out. Installing ebc and tuning on E85 in a couple weeks!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice!
Old 03-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got her done! Turbo is maxed out and at the end of its efficiency range. We made 463 whp and 340 wtq on a stage 1 clutch and 25psi!!!

I will get pics posted as soon as possible, I promise.

The hondata issue has been resolved. BIIGGGG thanks to Nayrone of Colorado Race Fabrication and PFI Performance/B-Tuning for letting us use the Dyno. We removed the knock sensor board so the hondata actually sits in the ECU properly now since the P61 has a GIANT knock board. Nayr spent two and a half hours on the dyno tuning this beast and we made an immense amount of power that I was definitely not expecting. I was hoping for around 300-350 since thats what sam said it would max out at but this LS made 463! stock axles, stage 1 clutch and an open diff on E85. She idles great and drives even better. I have never been so happy. I thought i was happy at 230 hp and 6psi but oh man and I even happier now. He even took a little extra time to show me exactly what he was doing in regards to the tune, he basically showed me how to tune it and took the time to explain why he was doing what and how it effected everything. I also talked to Brent of PFI and he will be re-tuning my girls RSX on E85 as soon as i get the money for it.

Basline 195
after 16 dyno runds, 463 YEAAUHH BUDDY.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont kow man something seems fishy too me. thats a load of horsepower. im trying to hit 350 to 400 but u obviodly took a shiiit on that goal. how high are u reving and do you think 400 is achievable with stock cams. what octane or fuel was used
Old 07-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's on E85, rev at 7300 rpm.

I doubt stock cams can support that much power, quite honestly I bet I could get more out of the build with a bigger turbo. This little .57 trim is working super hard at the end of its efficiency range right now and its a stage 1 competition clutch lol.

I figure you get out of it what you put into it. One guy said my ls would never put out more than 300 without a vtec head... suppressed that bull **** I guess haha.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow nice .
Old 07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dc2LS
Wow nice .
Thank you. Still no where near finished though.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Keep up the good work bro!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah man keep s updated!!!, nice work and now i'm really debating myself if i should get a Ls block instead of building my B16a shortblock.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats sick man! way to hang in there. post up some times if you ever go to the track!

Posted from Honda-tech.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Red96TurboLS build (oil pan to valve cover)