Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Recently stolen, won't start 01 gsr

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon4 Recently stolen, won't start 01 gsr

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post.
well and Jan 11th 2018 my 01 gsr was stolen and dropped off up the road, I believe they attempted to take the car obvi but ran into a slight problem. Well the car I'm beled to believe has an immobilizer now I could be wrong that's why I writing this post, I've attempted to start up my self after checking the fuses I didn't get into the relays all thatch I'll be honest with you. But it will crank but doesn't start, fuel pump seems to be on but just won't start, now the thiefs did take my distributor, I had my older one in the house so quickly swapped it, nothing wrong with this one I actually replaced the cap and rotor and the coil, but still won't start, I'll post pics of the car and the replacement steering colum, thanks again for reading if you have any questions or need more pictures I'll be happy to post more. Thanks again This is how I found it at 7am
Replacement steering column, now I will mention that this is a 98 steering column
not the best pics in the world but I'll gladly post more if needed too
Old 02-06-2018, 05:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Recently stolen, won't start 01 gsr

Sorry to hear that. Does the green (Key) light on the dash blink while cranking?
Old 02-06-2018, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SpiderX1016
Sorry to hear that. Does the green (Key) light on the dash blink while cranking?
I &^^%*&^ing hate thieves.
They might have just rolled it down the street to steal your parts without ever starting it. It does have an immobilizer if it is an 01. Did they break, or remove, your steering column?
If they manage to swap the ECU and ignition column, and have the matching key, it will start. Your engine is likely not getting spark due to the immobilizer. I am personally not sure if it is just the ECU that has to match the key, or if the ECU AND immobilizer have to match the key.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes the steering column was broken I'm the process of stealing it, I have a chip p28 and I swapped the stock computer to the p28 just to try and see if it will start and nothing, and a while back I changed my cluster to the type r cluster so it no longer has the key symbol. I could post more pics today when I get back from work.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:43 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 221 Likes on 198 Posts

If you have an OBD1 ecu in there now, YOU DO NOT HAVE IMMOBILIZER. That feature is within the '00-01 Integra ECU.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I had just put the p28 ECU in just to see if it will start and it gave me the same results.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car is still down cant seem to find the reason for it not turning on, I have spark and I've added gas, I'm not sure if the SRS has anything to do with it but that light is on also
Old 06-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

- NO, SRS has nothing to do with starting it up.
- Ensure the distributor is installed correctly
- Check the engine bay for any plugs sitting there looking unplugged. Specifically by the driver side but check everywhere else.

goes to show integra's are still targeted.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would try to see if you can get an 00-01 cluster and plug it in and try starting it up to see if the green key light flashes? if that green key light flashes, you would most likely have to get the key reprogrammed. also make sure the immobilizer connectors are plugged in on the key ignition. keep us posted. just realized you stated that your have replaced the steering column. is your steering column from an 00-01?
Old 06-24-2018, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've checked thoroughly through the bay for anything out of place, nothing seems out of the ordinary, I had just changed the fuel pump and filter and nothing happened, the distributor seems too be in the Sam's place as the old on they stole from me, I have spark, I have my 5 did it code to unlock the computer, new ignition lock with cylinder, new immobilizer, the new key has a chip, at times the car will turn over and bog out almost immediately, still have the car down till this day, laziness will be the main excuse. Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by tony_2018
- NO, SRS has nothing to do with starting it up.
- Ensure the distributor is installed correctly
- Check the engine bay for any plugs sitting there looking unplugged. Specifically by the driver side but check everywhere else.

goes to show integra's are still targeted.
Old 06-29-2018, 03:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok well after alot of trial and error, shes alive and running very well, it took me longer then I wanted to find out I had to assign the new keys to the car, wow being lazy didn't pay off but seeing it turn back over was very exciting lol, thank you guys for the help, I'll be posting pics of my build as I now can do what I wanted to do to it
Old 06-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chubludc2
Ok well after alot of trial and error, shes alive and running very well, it took me longer then I wanted to find out I had to assign the new keys to the car, wow being lazy didn't pay off but seeing it turn back over was very exciting lol, thank you guys for the help, I'll be posting pics of my build as I now can do what I wanted to do to it
Glad to hear it was fixed. What process did you have to go through to reprogram the new key?
Old 06-29-2018, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thewrai6th
Glad to hear it was fixed. What process did you have to go through to reprogram the new key?

searched up this device I'll post it here for you, it worked perfectly, costed a bit on Ebay if you can find it cheaper then awesome it was 144$ came with everything you see, (SBB silca) is the name. But yes this is all I needed or had gone to the dealer but I rather have this JIC it happens again or too anyone else I know.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chubludc2
searched up this device I'll post it here for you, it worked perfectly, costed a bit on Ebay if you can find it cheaper then awesome it was 144$ came with everything you see, (SBB silca) is the name. But yes this is all I needed or had gone to the dealer but I rather have this JIC it happens again or too anyone else I know.
Thanks for the follow up! I'd always rather buy the tools than pay the dealer a premium.