Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (kinda long)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (kinda long)

im planning on swapping in rear trailing arm and disks and the motor from an integra into my crx . i just bought a 1990 integra for $500 and i was looking at the pivot point bushing and it looked pretty shitty. i was talking to a mechanic that i work with and he said you can't just replace the bushing but you have to replace the whole arm. he said that if you call acura and ask for the bushing they will just send you the whole are. is that true?

i know that energy suspention make polly. bushing for crx's so i thought tegs would be no problem.

im failry sure that the guy i was talking to is a big ol' bag of ****

thanks for any input
Old 05-03-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (mrtoastyjr)

Try calling A&H Motorsports in PA. Found out from them that you can get just bushing replacements for G2's without doing entire TA arm (contrary to popular opinion). Check Ben Ogle's TA thread at G2IC.com for details. Want the part #?
Old 05-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (oldDude)

trailing arm bushings are only $26shipped from shaun311 . might be cheaper then getting them from the dealer
Old 05-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (JonnyDanger)

yes, but those aren't oem replacements are they???

mr.toad: do what oldDude said, go to http://www.g2ic.com and search. there are two HUGE threads all about trailing arm bushings....TONS of good info explaining all your options (make sure to read the whole thing....because there were various important discoveries made that led to good info but were only found out near the end of the threads).
Old 05-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

mugen makes one or you can get the poly bushing from http://www.suspension.com

The DA trailing arms use the large bushing (the one that's $10 more)
Old 05-04-2004, 02:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrtoastyjr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was talking to a mechanic that i work with and he said you can't just replace the bushing but you have to replace the whole arm. he said that if you call acura and ask for the bushing they will just send you the whole are. is that true?</TD></TR></TABLE>

well technically he's half right. Most mechanics who work by the book know that the dealer sells the entire arm and not just the bushings alone. However, if you go into the aftermarket, ES, Mugen and other companies make replacement suspension bushings.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrtoastyjr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im failry sure that the guy i was talking to is a big ol' bag of ****
thanks for any input</TD></TR></TABLE>
Actually the bit of info he knew was more than what you knew so i wouldnt be so quick to criticise someone who tried to help you.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:20 AM

Honda seels a replacement bushing for like $30 each. I know, because I bought one. I don't have the part number anymore, but if you went up to a dealer honda dealer, they will know what you are talking about. I'm not sure if Acura sells it yet.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:23 AM

Default Re: rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (mingbling)

also, DO NOT get the ES trailing arm bushing. They suck ***. SUre, it'll handle good, but if you can put up with a shitty bouncy ride afterwards. I installed those in my car, and was forced to replace it back with a stock unit.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:24 AM

Default Re: rear trailing arm bushings, replaceable? (IntEGNYC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntEGNYC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well technically he's half right. Most mechanics who work by the book know that the dealer sells the entire arm and not just the bushings alone. However, if you go into the aftermarket, ES, Mugen and other companies make replacement suspension bushings.

Actually the bit of info he knew was more than what you knew so i wouldnt be so quick to criticise someone who tried to help you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well sort of, i work at a tire store and he is a certified mechanic but the stuff he pulls is hardley by the book. this guy had 2 grand worth of come backs in 2 months, and really dosen't try to help anybody but him self

im going into my second year for auto technology and i know whats going on but i just didn't know the specifics about the bushings, thought i might as well ask the experts thanks guys
Old 05-04-2004, 05:30 AM

here is the part number for 88-2000 civics bushing

52385-SR3-000

Dont think it'll fit a 90 integra though.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

be aware that not all trailing arm bushings are made the same.

Im getting a set from an australian company called superflo to install in my teg in a few weeks.

Many people say the prothane ones are rock hard. EnergySuspensions came out with a new version thats apparently squeeze resistent and retains the lube a lot longer due to pores on the surface of the bushing. I recently installed the ES's in a friend's integra and its been a joy to drive in ever since. His bushings were all cracking or on the way out so we replaced all for the rear suspension.

There really isnt a need to replace the whole arm, get the bushings alone. If you do go forward, i recommend getting replacement bolts for the arms. they are inexpensive, are often times seized and need to be torched or cut off.

Good luck mate.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:40 PM
99-0104

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mingbling &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">here is the part number for 88-2000 civics bushing

52385-SR3-000

Dont think it'll fit a 90 integra though. </TD></TR></TABLE>

they are the same as the civic bushings and this part # will work with no problems ... for some reason acura makes you buy the whole arm instead of selling the bushing alone so just go to a honda dealer and order one they are the same