Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Question about TPS Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon5 Question about TPS Sensor

I have a 97' GSR and swapped out the intake manifold and throttle body to a Skunk2 Ultra Street and a Blox 74mm. Everything swapped out fine, got all the vacuum hoses and coolant lines routed. Bought a new OEM MAP sensor but am using the old TPS sensor. I was calibrating today, and I was able to set it at 0.5V at closed throttle when the key is turned so the car is giving power to the sensor but the engine is not turned over. At WOT, it goes up to around 4.8v.

When I start the engine, voltage drops to about 0.38 at closed throttle. Is this supposed to happen, or is there an issue. The car idles at around 8-900 RPM, and I have a check engine light that has not gone away since I calibrated my TPS. Also don't have an intake currently on past the throttle body. ( Was gonna install an AEM cold air intake but it doesn't fit well due to AC lines and the way the throttle body sits on the Ultra Street manifold. Going custom intake)

Just wanna make sure i've done things currently before I move on to the many other issues plaguing this car lol.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 277 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Re: Question about TPS Sensor

Well you might want to start with reading the check engine code....

TPS is prolly moving once you torque the bolts, this is very common, after you tighten the 2 small bolts on the TPS double check the voltage closed and WOT it is very tricky to get it to stay where you want it when you tighten the bolts.

Old 05-11-2023, 03:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Question about TPS Sensor

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Well you might want to start with reading the check engine code....

TPS is prolly moving once you torque the bolts, this is very common, after you tighten the 2 small bolts on the TPS double check the voltage closed and WOT it is very tricky to get it to stay where you want it when you tighten the bolts.
That's what.I thought initially but when I shut off the car and measure again it reads 0.5v. So it's torqued down correctly, it just changes when I start the engine. OBD2 scanner arrives today so hopefully that gives me some more info.
The following users liked this post: