Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Integra GSR wiring harness on Integra GS question…

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 09:20 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra GSR wiring harness on Integra GS question…

Last year I bought a 1997 Acura Integra GS automatic, it had only had one owner and it was fully stock. The best daily driver, until I got a new daily driver. The Integra became my project car, and the goal was to make the automatic GS into a manual GSR. I gathered the engine/transmission and all the parts and started to work on it. At the moment I have pretty much completed the swap, I did the mounts, the pedal swap, did the clutch switch and reverse light wiring, the metal work so that the shift linkage could fit, I bought a 1996 GSR ECU and installed it, among other important pieces. Sadly I tried to turn it on and I was half successful, the car wouldn’t idle but it would rev. I didn’t want to mess anything up so I turned it off I noticed that it was smoking a very tiny amount from somewhere so I got cautious. I figured I’d need a new engine harness for the 2000 GSR motor because not all of the connections were complete with the old harness so I got a 2001 GSR harness and started to get to work connecting every single pin connecter I could find. I ran into an issue where the 4th Pin connector from the passenger wiring harness tower doesn’t connect to my new 2001 gsr harness. The GS pin connector needs 6 pins and the GSR connector only has 3. Is this 4th pin connector important? How can I make it so that it connects to my new harness? I’m not a mechanic just a guy who likes these types of cars and would love to get this car running. It’s such a great car sucks to see it sit like this.

Appreciate you guys, here are some pictures:

Thanks y’all
Old 05-10-2023, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 812 Likes on 752 Posts
Default Re: Integra GSR wiring harness on Integra GS question…

The 3-wire plug has two wires for the CKF sensor and a third wire which escapes me at this time... what you have to figure out is what exactly the 6 wires are in the open plug that you have pictured above.
The following users liked this post:
Old 05-13-2023, 11:53 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JRCivic1
The 3-wire plug has two wires for the CKF sensor and a third wire which escapes me at this time... what you have to figure out is what exactly the 6 wires are in the open plug that you have pictured above.
I am going to look in the helms manual for this 6 wire open plug mystery. Do you have any idea how to get this gs plug to connect with the Gsr plug?
Old 05-13-2023, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 812 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by G82PIntegra
I am going to look in the helms manual for this 6 wire open plug mystery. Do you have any idea how to get this gs plug to connect with the Gsr plug?
Not off the top of my head... I would do as you have suggested and compare wiring diagrams from the appropriate FSM's. You can certainly re-pin either plug, but you MUST be certain that the wiring pathways are correct. Sending voltage down ground wires or grounding power wires can be very damaging to engine/chassis wiring and your ECU.