Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!!

well today i finalized the paperwork, and had the money transfered, and now my first DC2 sits in my driveway

its a 1999 Integra GSR
Flamenco BLack on black leather interior
17inch momo gt2 rims gunmetal with brand new tires
lowered on HR coilovers
Aem V2 intake
8000k HIDs

other than its completely stock, which i love. the car drives smooth as hell and the engine is surprisingly quiet....garaged car and the paint is immaculate, no dings or dents anywhere on the body. i took some pcis but cant seem to find my USB cord so maybe later....i paid 9k flat for it...over bluebook but very reasonably considering the condition of the car, and the amount of shitty riced out integras in the bay area market right now

any advice on what i should do?? im planning on getting a nice alarm installed (it already has a clifford remote alarm)...i want a remote pager for sure. also might put a new deck in it because i work at best buy and i get that nice 50% discount! i also want a new shift **** because the momo one it has now is worn down. i think the clutch is a little too soft for me, a baby could drive this clutch. i want something a little more sportier and that grabs harder and faster.....

also what is the average RPMS i should be driving this car in? it seems it revs pretty high, im usually shifting around 4k and take up to 5or 6k pretty easily in first and second gear...

Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Night Owl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (eastbayrep)

Has the stock clutch ever been changed out? It the pedal just feels mushy, the you have air in the clutch lines. Switch over to an Exedy Stage One if you want something that grabs a little harder. As for the alarm, install a couple kill switches if you are worried about the car being stolen. As for shifting, hell its a GSR, shift at 8k if you want to. Congrats on the new ride.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (shutupnskate)

Good buy I'm still upset I didn't find it before you. Keep in mind the GSR likes the higher RPMs, but I suppose it really comes down to how much you want to pay for gas and speeding tickets.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:11 PM
honda genome

GSR? First things first, update the security mesures on the car.....2nd update more security measures on the car...3rd update your brain and pray the security meaures will uphold from any turbulence that might come your way!!!

Time for pics......?!@
Old 09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Honda Genome)

One last suggestion.

Hire a big ************ to stand by your car with a gun of your choice at all time.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Re: (Rajin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rajin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">One last suggestion.

Hire a big ************ to stand by your car with a gun of your choice at all time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha, YES! i like the idea.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its the stock clutch....it doesnt feel that mushy...kind of hard to push down sometimes

my car is parked right outside my window most times...but im still going to put a nice alarm on it

what mods should i do for more torque? not really lookin at **** like headers...what about pulleys, etc?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
Night Owl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its the stock clutch....it doesnt feel that mushy...kind of hard to push down sometimes

my car is parked right outside my window most times...but im still going to put a nice alarm on it

what mods should i do for more torque? not really lookin at **** like headers...what about pulleys, etc?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you want more power without adding an exhaust system, get an intake, cams, get a good tune, etc. Unless you're planning on removing the PS/AC and getting a CTR crank pulley, forget about lighweight pulleys.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what mods should i do for more torque? not really lookin at **** like headers...what about pulleys, etc?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sell GSR...invest in an LS1
Old 09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Night Owl

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (lVlemphizStylez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lVlemphizStylez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sell GSR...invest in an LS1</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yessir. Honda and torque should not be used in the same sentence.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea probably sholda realized that....hondas are about that high rev power

and i would never buy an LS1 or any american POS....they might be fast, but interior quality and handling is a 0/10
Old 09-20-2006, 06:12 PM

yea mad tight handling is always important when going to the grocery store or any daily driver routine
Old 09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (lVlemphizStylez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">also what is the average RPMS i should be driving this car in? it seems it revs pretty high, im usually shifting around 4k and take up to 5or 6k pretty easily in first and second gear...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

4-5k is fine for daily driving I think ... thats what I use .. also dont take it past 5-6 till shes good and warmed up
Old 09-20-2006, 08:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea probably sholda realized that....hondas are about that high rev power

and i would never buy an LS1 or any american POS....they might be fast, but interior quality and handling is a 0/10</TD></TR></TABLE>

QFT!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (ck123)

if your hating on me for my american POS comment i stand by it...ive driven cutlass supremes, maros, mustangs, monte carlos, and a few pontiac grand prix there probably the shittiest cars ive ever driven...

i do like the bucket seats in the cuttys and monte carlos though and the backseat ashtrays haha
Old 09-21-2006, 05:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its normal to shift around 4k-5k on a gsr. Well thats what i usually shift at but its always tempting to take it higher which i always do .
Old 09-21-2006, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

expletive that get the exedy stage 2 (normal thickness) you will love that, grabs hard also invest in some skunk 2 stage 2 cams as well as all your bolt ons. but do not get under drive pulleys not worth it at all
Old 09-21-2006, 10:09 AM
Night Owl

Default Re: Proud new owner of a Black on BLack GSR!!!!! (arrojj)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arrojj &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">expletive that get the exedy stage 2 (normal thickness) you will love that, grabs hard also invest in some skunk 2 stage 2 cams as well as all your bolt ons. but do not get under drive pulleys not worth it at all </TD></TR></TABLE>

Stage 2 is overkill for a street-driven car with bolt-ons IMO. I personally prefer the feel of a stage 1 on a lightly modified car. But hey, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn the more i drive this car the more i love it

it handles pretty damn good for a FWD car, and its ******* fun smashing through all the gears....probably the smoothest manual transmission ive ever driven, ive been getting nothing but compliments on it...i need to get some damn pictures up ASAP but i cant find my usb cord
Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Night Owl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn the more i drive this car the more i love it

it handles pretty damn good for a FWD car, and its ******* fun smashing through all the gears....probably the smoothest manual transmission ive ever driven, ive been getting nothing but compliments on it...i need to get some damn pictures up ASAP but i cant find my usb cord</TD></TR></TABLE>

Glad you are happy with your purchase.
If you want an even more precise crisp shifting feel, a skunk2 short shifter+ skunk2 weighted shift **** ( or any sort of replica ITR ****) would be right up your alley.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

about how much would that cost parts + install?

are those 25$ dollar ITR knockoff shift ***** good? i dont feel like spending 150$ on a damn shift knoh haha.....is there a website that sells shift ***** besides ebay...my stock one is kind of worn i want to get something nice
Old 09-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Night Owl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">about how much would that cost parts + install?

are those 25$ dollar ITR knockoff shift ***** good? i dont feel like spending 150$ on a damn shift knoh haha.....is there a website that sells shift ***** besides ebay...my stock one is kind of worn i want to get something nice</TD></TR></TABLE>

When i got mine, shifter was around $80, 40$ for the ****, $25 for the ES shifter bushing. I'd say expect around 150-200$ for the whole job, including labor. The only advantage of the skunk2 **** over a replica **** is that its weighted. Remember to keep the stock **** for the chilly winters in SF, a metal **** gets freezing.

Websites: jhpusa.com, passwordjdm.com, hondamarketplace.com ( sponsor classifieds).
Old 09-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Night Owl

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eastbayrep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">about how much would that cost parts + install?

are those 25$ dollar ITR knockoff shift ***** good? i dont feel like spending 150$ on a damn shift knoh haha.....is there a website that sells shift ***** besides ebay...my stock one is kind of worn i want to get something nice</TD></TR></TABLE>

When i got mine, shifter was around $80, 40$ for the ****, $25 for the ES shifter bushing. I'd say expect around 150-200$ for the whole job, including labor. The only advantage of the skunk2 **** over a replica **** is that its weighted. Remember to keep the stock **** for the chilly winters in SF, a metal **** gets freezing. Oh yeah and throw a red-stitched ITR shift boot on there while centerconsole is off.

Websites to check out: jhpusa.com, passwordjdm.com, hondamarketplace.com ( sponsor classifieds), streetstyler.com
Old 09-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

PM'd