Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Options for autoX/Blown Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 10:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Options for autoX/Blown Shocks?

ok, I did a few searches, read a lot of the posts. Basically everyone who is recommending coilover sleeves is saying they are good because they are adjustable and stiff.

My question is, what is strictly better for autox. I know the real deal coilover system is optimum, I am currently running H&R Sport Springs, and KYB Adjustable shocks. The reason I'm asking is because I have minor rubbing because of a 50 profile tire on 16" wheels, and I was considering adjustability, but I don't want to lose any advantages over springs/autox/handeling.

another questions, lets say the coilovers are stiffer, and better handling, what is the best setup spring rate wise that I can order from Ground Control, to have good feel/handling and somewhat ok ride for daily traveling. Thanks

And I have a minor squek on the front right side, how do I check if its a blown shock?

thanks
Old 03-30-2003, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Options for autoX/Blown Shocks? (DeadLock23)

I like the Ground Control coil-overs because of their adjustability of the ERS springs from Eibach. They do serve a great purpose, but to have the ability tell you what spring rates you need I would have to know what kind of handling you want? More oversteer, understeer, it's all relative. What type of mods do you have suspension wise. What does your car do now that you don't like? Is you car a street car as well?
Old 03-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Options for autoX/Blown Shocks? (snoballgsr)

good point, I didnt specify much:

well I have KYB adjustable shocks, with H&R sport springs. I have an itr strut bar, itr rear sway bar, and soon a benen tie bar. That it pretty much what I have done so far.

And yes partially I wanted to know it the ride is brutal in NYC with GC, because its a street daily driver as well as autoX car.

My car is a little too low after the springs settled., and the adjustability would be great. about the understeer or over steer I'm not sure, all I know is that I want my rear not to lag as much as it did without the itr sway, but that seemed to fix it, but I havent had an event since that mod so I'm unsure.

BTW if anyone wants to trade GC or Skunk2 sleeves for H&R, I would do so maybe even add some $$ to make it an even trade.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:21 PM
New User

Default Re: Options for autoX/Blown Shocks? (DeadLock23)

I have GC's with 400/300. Its considered a soft autox setup but I have a 22mm rear bar so its very neutral with 205/50/15 Azenis. On the road it rides a little like a truck but its not harsh. BUT, it is much stiffer than a sport spring. I don't like the low car look so I have mine set to even the car out with a 1 - 1.5" drop. Adjustability, specific spring rates, ease of chaning spring rates, and doing away with a spring compressor were some of the reasons I went with GC.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Options for autoX/Blown Shocks? (MattG)

you dont need a spring compressor to install GC springs?

I just ordered mine for 300 bucks, from GC.com, I got different rates tho, 315F 250R I hope its not that harsh on the road.

thanks