Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

omnipower Vs tein

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 09:55 AM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default omnipower Vs tein

what is the difference? also which is more adjustable? i don't give a crap about ride quality or lowering i just want better handling. so which one gives you better handling. you know, zero or close body roll and no dive or squat, i don't know something like that. oh yeah 97 gs. thanks guys.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (mrdeadman)

I had the same question a few weeks ago and I didn't even think of posting cause its been discussed a shitload allready. Do a search, you'll find at least 20 threads discussing peoples thoughts
Old 06-27-2005, 03:08 PM

Depends what kind of teins suspension your looking at (SS, RA, HA). But overall tein would be more adjsutable and have better handling when equipped with EDFC (Assuming that that you want SS and up). Keep in mind the major price diffrence between the two suspensions. If you where looking at Tein Basics vs. Omni (which are close to the same price), Omni would be the better choice. If you have the money and you want whats best get tein EDFC equipped.

This might help too: Scroll down to suspension.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1230496

Old 06-27-2005, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (@.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by @.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Depends what kind of teins suspension your looking at (SS, RA, HA). But overall tein would be more adjsutable and have better handling when equipped with EDFC (Assuming that that you want SS and up). Keep in mind the major price diffrence between the two suspensions. If you where looking at Tein Basics vs. Omni (which are close to the same price), Omni would be the better choice. If you have the money and you want whats best get tein EDFC equipped.

This might help too: Scroll down to suspension.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1230496

</TD></TR></TABLE>

no.

edfc is nothing more than a remote control for the dampening **** on the tein shocks, and it adds 16 more increments to the adjustability.
really an unneccessaryyyyy thing.

adjustable dampening is not the most important thing to consider when buying a suspension system, rather well tuned dampening is, along with adjustability of the height, and spring stiffness.

the original poster mentioned that he wants zero body roll, along with no dive or squat...then he wants a stiff spring.

I've owned the Tein SS, (compatible with the edfc remote control, but I've already addressed that), and I'm currently running the Omnipower Sports.

The Tein SS retail for $950...can be had for as little as $865 in some places.
The Omnipower Sports retail for $650 and can be had for less than that.

The Sports are not adjustable, but that's not needed since they are dampened very well from the factory. The springs are much stiffer than the Tein SS springs, and handle very well. Just remember to set the preload properly. I live in an area with many potholes and bumpy roads...that said the ride of the sports is great, I never bottom out, there is no bouncy up/down stuff going on, they improved my breaking/acceleration/handling.

The Tein SS are not bad, just cost $350 more, and don't perform as well as the Omnipower Sports.
I don't know about the Omnipower Streets, I wouldn't go with that option since I've heard they don't ride anything like the Sports.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:47 PM

Good explanation, Since you had both, If you had to go back which suspension set up would you got with (considering the price), im interested to.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (@.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by @.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good explanation, Since you had both, If you had to go back which suspension set up would you got with (considering the price), im interested to. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tein SS vs. Omni Power Sports

The Omni Power Sports were not out when I had bought the Tein SS, but had I to do it over again...I'd go with the Omni Power Sports without giving it a second thought, but like I said before, make sure to set the preload as explained in the directions you get with the sports.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (Cliffjumper2)

I Just want to know which ones stiffer the Omnipower sports or streets which one is better because where I live there are not that many pot holes and the roads out here are usually smooth.......
Old 06-29-2005, 06:47 AM

sports have higher rates
Old 06-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (inlanddc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by inlanddc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I Just want to know which ones stiffer the Omnipower sports or streets which one is better because where I live there are not that many pot holes and the roads out here are usually smooth.......</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lil Corb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sports have higher rates</TD></TR></TABLE>

yep the sports are a much higher spring rate (stiffer) at 12K and 10K (F/R)

the streets around here are horrible, but it's my daily driver and it's not bad at all.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (Cliffjumper2)

Thanks fella's
Old 06-30-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (inlanddc2)

I have tein ss I love em not roads where I drive suck too there pretty good. Id like to ride Omni's and see how they are
Old 06-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: omnipower Vs tein (gsrboi80)

An interesting thread from the Suspension Forum I read: Here