Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Oil fumes inside car

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil fumes inside car

Ok trying to hold onto this old teg. Just hit 273k. I did the head gasket and timing belt at 250k (bent valves). Just put in a clutch at 265k. Car currently has 273k.

Ever since I redid the head gasket ive been getting oil fumes inside the car, when I sit in traffic or let it warm up in the morning. A hose broke off of the underside of the intake when i pulled the head (missed it). It was extremely brittle. It came out of the black box on the back of the block and went up to one of the intake runners.

Im certain thats why im getting the fumes and loosing oil but how do I remedy this? Does that piece remove out of the intake? Or is it made into it? Here is a picture to help describe what im talking about.

1. is the box
4. is the piece in the intake runner
The hose in between 4 and 3 was broken off.

Lastly where can I find these parts? LPS have a hard enough time finding engine mounts for this car.

Thanks.

Last edited by MonteC; 01-10-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil fumes inside car

The part coming off the intake manifold is a brass fitting. I am sure you could find it at your local Honda/Acura dealership if thats what your asking.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Are you talking bout the plastic pcv valve that is in the intake? Hose 4 and 3 do not connect. Its a seperate hose
Old 01-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mr. EG
The part coming off the intake manifold is a brass fitting. I am sure you could find it at your local Honda/Acura dealership if thats what your asking.
Nope. Its definitely plastic or hard rubber.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 94 ls-r
Are you talking bout the plastic pcv valve that is in the intake? Hose 4 and 3 do not connect. Its a seperate hose
Fitting 4 and fitting 3 do connect. A hose connects the two fittings. That is the hose that I broke when I took the head off.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes im talking about the pcv valve in the intake. 4 and 8 are on the opposite sides of the intake runner. 4 is on the bottom side and a hose runs from it down to 3 then fits into the black box (1), (from what i gather). 8 is the pcv valve and it is on the top side of the intake runner.

What I need to know is can I just pop out the number 4 fitting and replace it and the hose, and where can I get the part?

Or are you saying that the hose passes through number 4 and through the intake runner and connects to number 8? I dont see how that would work.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Number 4 is the part in the intake that the valve goes into.. It does go to number 8. Number 3 goes to the block I believe. You can buy hose 4 with the fitting at honda
Old 01-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Number 4 is the part in the intake that the valve goes into.. It does go to number 8. Number 3 goes to the block I believe. You can buy hose 4 with the fitting at honda
I see. Sorry about that. For some reason I thought that the hose was separate from number 4. But the hose is PART of number 4. Dont know what I was thinking, the hose doesnt have a ****ing number.

Thank you very much, that makes perfect sense.

Ill will be in touch with my honda parts guy tomorrow.

BTW I assume that number 4 should be removable? The old piece is extremely hard, but the new piece should be some what pliable? Like a grommet?