Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

NEED HELP! 1996 Integra LS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP! 1996 Integra LS Coupe

I bought a 96 Integra from auction guess the car has a kill switch or alarm...the car won’t start at all only the lights will show up...but the auction started the car using a wire that connects to the starter and on the positive of the battery and the car starts while it’s in on.

So so I drive it home and my dads friend cuts some wires under the steering wheel and the car started to work like normal and turn on and work! UNTIL I stalled and now the car won’t turn on. Same issue light show up but engine isn’t starting. Still starts with the wire.

I also ended up finding the old owners number and he said the kill switch a the seatbelt but I doubt it..

We also checked all the fuses and they’re all ok!

Does anyone have any experience in this issue? I would appreciate the help!
Old 06-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP! 1996 Integra LS Coupe

Take pics of cut wires that were repaired, specifically in the area where your pops friend worked on. You might need to reconnect a wire or 2.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: NEED HELP! 1996 Integra LS Coupe

they bypassed the starter harness wire, look up the location/ color code the wires are for the starter under the dash, most likely the wire that was recently cut. You might have had a fuse burn from a exposed wire grounding out, Properly wire every thing back and check all fuses in the engine bay as well as under dash.