Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)

fort bliss?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)

Thanks I cant wait either. hopefully with in the next three to two months. I am about to post updates with in the next hour or so
Old 06-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay so a few weeks ago I finally figured out how to make my 55w 5000k DDM hid kit work. Turns out all I had to do was reverse the connectors LOL. I choose not to go with the OEM hids because I wanted the option of a cleaner engine bay and IMO that huge ballast thats in the back of the OEM hid black housings is absolutely ugly. Here is my cut off.

keep in mind i still have too adjust the step on my lights and I want A brand new set. Notice how one is super white and the other is not as white. Thats because one projector lens is dirty on the inside. I need new ones.

I also finally wired up the headlights to the way I want them. The DTR lights are always on when the car is on and the sidemarker/turnsignals are just that they are on when the lights are on and blink with or with out the lights being on when signal is selected. This can be done two ways one requires a relay IDK how that works and the other (the way i did it) requires modification to the headlight housing and your OEM USDM three wire signal socket and orange version of bulb. Here are pics of this.

And finally Today with my cousin (the gap expert) help. I took my whole rear end apart bumper filler lights and all. And realigned it. To get ride of the pesky gap that most integras have these days. All it took is two washers, new bumper clips, and some muscle and this is what I got.

Old 06-23-2012, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

. i love it and MAD props for being in the military. ARMY?.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah ARMY AVIATION me and my cousin both
Old 06-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks homie. We greatly appreciate your support.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

She looks great! I'm working on my car on base right now, didn't realize how decent the shop would be.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Coming out nice!!! I'm impress with the rear bumper being flushed. Im in the ARMY as well.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dc_jdm_dreams
Yeah ARMY AVIATION me and my cousin both
thanks for your service bro!!! Im prior Navy did 8yrs n got out, keep that car in a safe place when you get deployed. keep us posted
Old 06-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Trial User

Shoot us A PM if you or any HT members want a clean fuel tuck lines special prices for HT members and custom dipsticks
Old 06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DAM to all you guys in the military thank you for your support and anytime dcjdmdreams. hey guys im actually going to join the ARMY sometime soon after i pass the asvab that is . 21 here and always wanted to go since 15. funny we all into DC teggys but are in the military,was or wanting to join. any plans with the LS dcjdmdreams boost,NA, hybrid?.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys. My plans for the ls is to get rid of it as soon as possible lol. I am tossing around the ideas of either a built b18c or cammed and tuned k20z1. leaning more toward the k20z1 though.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys. My plans for the ls is to get rid of it as soon as possible lol. I am tossing around the ideas of either a built b18c or cammed and tuned k20z1. leaning more toward the k20z1 though.
oh poor ls ill buy it off your hands lol. lsv isnt good for you i guess!! oh well, im loving the k20z1 swap too if u go that way then SWEEEET.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ls Vtec is cool and all but I dont like the idea of a worried look on my face everytime the engine is brought over 6,000 to 7,000. Plus the K20Z1 is much more reliable
Old 07-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Bump
Old 07-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Post Re: My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)

Ls Vtec is cool and all but I dont like the idea of a worried look on my face everytime the engine is brought over 6,000 to 7,000. Plus the K20Z1 is much more reliable
Bump true that, that's why i'm going boost with my 96 milano red dc2,all b16a or b18c1. K20 N/A very good.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah I have a couple of threads posted weighing out the possiblities of makeing a 250whp k20z-a or b18c and it still being reliable. So far IMO K20Z1 or A type R is the way to go.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon4 Re: My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)

yeah I have a couple of threads posted weighing out the possiblities of makeing a 250whp k20z-a or b18c and it still being reliable. So far IMO K20Z1 or A type R is the way to go.
Me personally just my opinion i go ITR, cheaper then a N/A K swap brah.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by teggyluva90
Me personally just my opinion i go ITR, cheaper then a N/A K swap brah.
x2....save the $$$$....ITR that ****.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for the late reply between training and being in the middle of my 2nd deployment i have not had much e net time. Thats what everyone has been telling me to save the money and go ITR. But when i get back I need a big project and the idea of a k swap is way too appealing to me. From the looks of it I am planning a k20/k24 frank swap with mild mods. I cant wait. Just counting down the days.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am back and the K swap has started. Through out my time away I had alot to think about with my future build. Decided to go K24 bottom 13:7 built and K20 top with beehive, flat valves and Z3 cams. I am also doing the suspension completely over. I have plans on tracking this car since its no longer my daily driver. Starting another thread of this portion on my cars life will put link up as soon as I start it. BUMP!!!!!!!!! now back to teardown and clean up for me!!!!!
Old 11-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW the LS is pulled and up for grabs
Old 11-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nicely done sir... welcome to the club!
Old 12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey man, I heard you were doing a wire tuck? Good luck, I heard that it's a real pain in the *** and possible even in your ribs...

You should take your glove box, airbag, heater and blower out. I'm no expert but I think it would make things tons easier.

Quick Reply: My JDM conversion build thread (The resurrection of the Chili pepper)