Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

My All Motor LS Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My All Motor LS Build

I would like to know what all I can do to get some power out of a relatively stock B18a/b, it will have the bottom end with pr3 pistons on p72 rods/crank
arp rod bolts arp head bolts and stock ls head, to maybe slightly modified cams and valve train. Running a tuned p72 ecu to increase red line some and overall just tune it up... Is this feasable or is this retarded lol. I would like some suggestions on this build, and any advice you can give thanx.
Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My All Motor LS Build

intake, header, exhaust?
Old 10-08-2009, 01:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swap in a B18C1 and then start modding that.

/thread.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM

get type r piston and P&P head and cams and i have gsr rods and lighted JE 10:5 cr pistons and new ring and bearing for sell great for a all motor LS let me know if you want i can send pics
Old 10-08-2009, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't waste money on building an na ls motor. you're not going to get much hp per $. either turbo your existing motor or get a vtec swap.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vladd
i wouldn't waste money on building an na ls motor. you're not going to get much hp per $. either turbo your existing motor or get a vtec swap.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What is it with people constantly asking the question "what can I do to for more power?" Open a JEGS catalog!
Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess it is prolly the same as why a honda guy would like a chevy, IDK I got a vtec I dunno much about str8 ls integgy motors, so sorry to have wasted your time that you read and replied to by free will lol. Thanx peace
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either boost that bitch or swap in a VTEC. I boosted my LS and it walked a few WRXs, then it blew up, LOL rod bearing let go and it blocked the oil line to my turbo and it grenaded. **** happens, now I'll have VTEC after buying a B18C1 locally.

Def turbo the LS if you're gonna keep that, or swap it. Only two money-smart options.

BTW, what do you mean you have a VTEC and don't know anything about STR8 teggy motors? For one it's SRT8 and that would be Dodge plus it's a V8....WTF?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:03 PM

lets start here type r pistons in ls have a very small clearance thats why you'd use b16a2 pistons b16 tranny crower 403 cams if you like a nice idle skunk 2 intake mani full exhaust set up and new injectors an you'll need a tune but youll run with vtec motors
Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't understand why everyone thinks there are only two options to remedy the LS motor.. BOOST or VTAK!!! (wahhh-WAHHHHH)
In any case.. there is a lot of things you can do to increase your horsepower in an N/A LS build. In fact there is an entire thread dedicated to this in the All Motor forums section of H-T
https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...=NON-VTEC+B18B there is a ton of information within this thread so read-up on it and you will take away some knowledge that you are looking for.

Also, i came across this thread a while back which shows an N/A B18B motor pushing out 205whp which is very comprable to a B18C1 motor with I/H/E and a chip tune.
https://honda-tech.com/forums/all-motor-naturally-aspirated-44/205-whp-ls-graph-inside-pump-gas-93-oct-2176287/

And regarding the "money-smart" wording that others have used in this post, building an B18B motor is very fiscally relaxed when compared to building a B18C1 motor. Mostly due to the popularity of the B18C1 motor, companies will increase the dollar amount on the part. Whereas with the B18B motor, it is slightly less popular (due to its lacking vtec and stock horsepower) and therefore some parts will be slightly cheaper. Plus if you were to ever need to replace an engine head or block they are much cheaper than any vtec engine. Now, these comments are from my research and of course there are exceptions to this rule, but generally i would hold the aftermarket parts to this standard.

If i had to give you one piece of small advice with the build you posted in the original message, go with a B18B head and get it ported to increase its flow. Use P30 (B16A2) pistons, I say to use these pistons because they can fit on the stock LS rods with no machining and also they will fit in the B18B head without any milling using the stock head gasket and produce an 11:1 compression ratio.

Keep up the push in the right direction man! Go non-vtec and reliability goes through the roof and from my reading here on H-T, and myself owning an LS they are a blast to drive.