Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Just bought a gallon of Xylene

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (lmblf8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lmblf8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When putting the toluene in the tank doesn't matter because it will get mixed around just being in there.

Toluene/Xylene has been used for a very long time (up to several years in the Supra community) and I have never heard of any negative results.

One thing they mentioned it that it shouldn't be stored in your gas tank overnight. Probably because it is so strong that it might have damaging (minimal) effect on rubber gas lines. Most Supra guys change them to S/S so I don't know exactly how it will do in the rubber ones.

Chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

Interesting. Do they make stainless steel tanks for our cars?

I'm going to try it and maybe down the road I might set up a fuel cell or something dedicated to it.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Just bought a gallon of Xylene (XtremeCarTuner)

Just wondering what youre using the additive for?
Old 10-30-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Re: Just bought a gallon of Xylene (IntEGNYC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntEGNYC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wondering what youre using the additive for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's home-made race gas. It's used to boost the octane level of normal gasoline. Read the thread again.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oops, I should've been more clear about that. I was talking about the S/S braided fuel lines. I'm not sure but I think the fuel cells would have to be of acertain thinkness or of a special material.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com has fuel cells for 94-01 Integras.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lmblf8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oops, I should've been more clear about that. I was talking about the S/S braided fuel lines. I'm not sure but I think the fuel cells would have to be of acertain thinkness or of a special material.

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com has fuel cells for 94-01 Integras. </TD></TR></TABLE>

SS braided lines have rubber lining in them also. The stainless braiding just allows to run a very higher PSI and flow rate of whatever you want. IMO I think if they are running them with SS lines there shouldn't be any problem running them on OE lines. At least for that long.

Old 10-30-2003, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (wall of tvs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wall of tvs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

....and a lot of other good info for quite a while. I'm getting sick of hearing ppl argue about when "vtec kicks in," or what intake is the best.

Good thread </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sweet.. thanks for the reply. I'm always willing to do something experimental to my car.. lol
Old 10-30-2003, 06:22 AM

The All motor forum has a thread in there talking about Methanol.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=560120

Some pretty good insight in there, but It's starting to get whored up. I'd just like to cross reference. YOu know - make this an even better thread. lol

Old 10-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doubledown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by doubledown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are there and detrimental effects to using toluene that we should be aware of?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have read up on some people always running on toluene and gas mix and they have no problems at all. Running a weak mixture to maybe about 2 gallons to a full tank of gas should be plenty fine. Running more than 5 is alittle bit on the edge for me, but i have yet to find out myself on how long and how much i can add toluene. I'm sure the effects on running too much toluene is the same as running leaded gas "ie C-16, cam2", the cat and 02 sensors would go.. etc
Old 10-30-2003, 09:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I live in CA and I guess there pretty strict on chemicals...if i go to home depot or a paint store what should i look for or ask...obviously I cant buy paint thinner just because it has toulene in it. any suggestions? anyone know the proper chemical name for Toulene?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (XtremeCarTuner)

Thats what i was wondering, what about the 02 sensor and how long is it ok to leave this in your tank?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (BrownGSR)

This is a very old topic, search and you'll find postings on it several years back.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Armand and BrownGSR,
There are differences between Race gas and toluene/xylene. Race gas is pretty leaded with Cam2 being around 110 octane and C16 around 116. Because you add toluene/xylene to pump gas it isn't nearly as leaded as normal race gas is. Therefore your 02 sensors will be pretty good. As stated on Supraforums.com, there are members there have have run RACE and Xylene, for over 2 years on the same 02 sensors.

DC2Slow- I'm not sure on what the chemical name for toluene/xylene is, sorry. Try not to go to Home Depot for this stuff, go to a paint store like Sherman Williams. They know what you are talking about and will get you however much you need. It is usually found near the paint thinner area, again DON'T GET PAINT THINNER!! Not the same thing. Armand and I went to Home Depot and asked for Toluene and the had no ****** clue as to what we weret talking about.

Chris
Old 10-30-2003, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

would you even see results in a car with only i/h/e...i have a gsr and am thinking of trying this
Old 10-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (streetlights)

there was a lot to read there...but, i didnt see this question...how did someone come up with the idea of getting this stuff and mixing it with gas ??
Old 10-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats a pretty good question. I, personally don't know how this came about. Anyone else?
Old 10-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Streetlights- You would see a difference with the toluene/xylene with basic performance upgrades..

Urbanracer98- I came up with the idea of finding another route to race gas. I was looking around my state wondering if there were any race gas pumps.. there is one, but it's $7.00 a gallon. I looked to another alternate way to find another race gas and came upon making my own.. I did a search on google and many sites came up explaining how to make gas. I was interested and went out and tried it myself.

And as for Chris, i added another gallon of toluene to the tahoe... lol muhahaha!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tweakmeister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tweakmeister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is a very old topic, search and you'll find postings on it several years back.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been searching around and haven't really found a website where a person experiments and describes step by step how much of a difference of power it made, the amount of mixtures... etc. But all the topics that were talking about it was basically where you do find this stuff, how much is it, and how do i mix it kind of questions.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (P1mpSlap)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by P1mpSlap &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm gonna rock that **** before I hit the dyno. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Why? Unless you're running that stuff on a regular basis, that wouldn't be an accurate dyno run.
Old 10-30-2003, 05:33 PM

Default Re: (ebelp)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ebelp &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why? Unless you're running that stuff on a regular basis, that wouldn't be an accurate dyno run.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who said I'm not going to run it on a regular basis?

Also I'm getting multiple baselines run first then throwing in the Toluene just to show off. lol
Old 10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Eric, show me the charts of the power you make before and after.. the results should be sick!
Old 10-30-2003, 05:47 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lmblf8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Armand and I went to Home Depot and asked for Toluene and the had no ****** clue as to what we weret talking about.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Just got back from Home Depot and got the same ****. Toluene= WTF. Ended up buying two quarts of Xylene for $4.47 each. I'll be adding a touch of Auto Trans. fluid to add some lubrication.
Old 10-30-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Re: (XtremeCarTuner)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XtremeCarTuner &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eric, show me the charts of the power you make before and after.. the results should be sick! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Will do. But I'm planing on going to the dyno in April (at the ATL meet). LOL A little while away but I have NO money. Broke *** college student here. If I get it dynoed before I will post up, no doubt.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (P1mpSlap)

bump for good thread.

better then the typical "which intake should I get for my car?" question
Old 10-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you guys want to put in an additive, just in case, the best ones to use are Marvel Mystery Oil and Automatice Tranny Fluid. They are only like $3.xx a bottle and will treat up to 55 gallons.

Chris
Old 10-31-2003, 06:05 AM

I dont mean to rain the parade here. This a is very interesting topic, but no one has seemed to metion anyhting about tuning with these mixtures. I mean if you have a car with say 12.5.1 compression and have it tuned to run on 93 octance fuel with all the correct fuel maps and timing curves, putting in a higher octance fuel is not going give you any benifits unless you retune it. Also no one has metioned anything about the risk of ruining catalytic converters and O2 sensors. Do you think if you just put 100 octane fuel in your car its going to faster?? This entire topic seems like it can be dangerous if done correctly. One again, very interesting topics. More comments please!!

Quick Reply: Just bought a gallon of Xylene