Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?!

i just did my Oil Change since i baught this motor and swapped it in from Hmotors. Motor is a JDM B18B LS engine . I first got the Motor and changed oil filters Fram, and put in oil 10w30 valvoline. So now its been like 2,000 miles time for tune up and oil change.. so when im done with tune up and get to removing my oil filter, i always expect oil to leak out but this time it didnt happen. WTF?! so i remove the oil filter and look inside, there is SOME oil but it might of just been the oil i put in there the first time i put the oil filter on (because i always pour some oil into filter whenever i do oil change ) .. Hmmm why is this?? im running : (so i replaced the oil flter with an OEM honda one. Ok so i change oils for like 6-8 months at BIG o tires everyday.. ONLY way to remove oil filter and not get oil to drip is to poke a hole in it and then drain the oil and whalah no oil comes outta oil filter, But on my Oil change i Opened the oil cap (which was really tight) , Then i opened the Oil filter and NO oil came out?? then i drained my oil.. hmmm is this normal on a Turbo Engine? motor has only seen less then 2,000 Miles since turbocharged

Engine:
• JDM B18B from HMotors: ( very reputable shop )
compression 200+ across the board. less then 25k miles. came from JAPAN so less then 25k miles and it came from automatic so it wasnt beat up ( it had an automatic flywheel ). and also thats why my dyno #'s turned out to be so good.
• Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid Turbocharger t3/t04e 60 trim, stage 3 wheel with a .63ar exhaust housing
• Rev Hard Turbo Manifold
• Spearco Front Mount Intercooler
• Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
• RC 550cc Fuel Injectors
• FAL Slim Fan
• NEW NGK BKR7ES-11 Spark Plugs
• NEW NGK Blue Spark Plug Wires
• HKS Super Sequential BOV
• HKS Type-0 Turbo Timer
• HKS D1 Series Oil Filler Cap
• HKS D1 Series Radiator Cap
• Megan Racing Boost Gauge
• Mugen Thermostat
• Samco Radiator Hoses
• JDM Integra 1998 GS-R Transmission
• JDM Integra 1998 GS-R Oil Pan
• Password JDM Cooling Plate
• Password JDM Magnetic Oil Drain Bolt
• Exedy Stage2 Clutch
• ES Tuning Oval Muffler (Polished)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (JDM DC4 Jesse)

How long did the car sit before you changed the oil? I have changed my oil a couple of times on my B18A1 and if I tend to let the car sit for an extended ammount of time(1 hour +) before change'n the oil there tends to be almost no oil come'n out of the filter.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (ErMaK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ErMaK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How long did the car sit before you changed the oil? I have changed my oil a couple of times on my B18A1 and if I tend to let the car sit for an extended ammount of time(1 hour +) before change'n the oil there tends to be almost no oil come'n out of the filter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

over night. but this has never happened to me before. and ive changed oil on my car about 200000 times
Old 10-13-2006, 12:27 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (ErMaK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ErMaK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How long did the car sit before you changed the oil? I have changed my oil a couple of times on my B18A1 and if I tend to let the car sit for an extended ammount of time(1 hour +) before change'n the oil there tends to be almost no oil come'n out of the filter.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly what I was going to say. Now if you pulled the filter immediately after having the car on and no oil came out, then that could be a problem haha.

EDIT: Oh, it sat overnight? I wouldn't be worried at all.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (AF-P Dunc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AF-P Dunc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

EDIT: Oh, it sat overnight? I wouldn't be worried at all. </TD></TR></TABLE>

x2 , should be cool!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (skinnyshugg [V2])

yeah ic.. hmmm strange though never happened to me in 3 years.. and ive always done MY oil changes mostly in the mornings after i wake up. thanks 4 da info though guys. i have this paranoia that i always will be low on oil pressure.. lol ever since my b20 motor went bye bye on me
Old 10-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oil pressure guage? I too rarely have had it happen, but it has happened to me before, wish it would do it every time. Though, if your filter wasn't getting oil, i don't think you would make it anywhere near 2000 miles
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (coneheadsracing)

damn cuh, you always ger paranoid. take a pill.. and sleep tonight.. it be a good night, since is ******* raining =]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Start up the car and let it run for a while, then shut it off and pull the oil filter. If no oil comes out then there is a problem.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (ac_attak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ac_attak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Start up the car and let it run for a while, then shut it off and pull the oil filter. If no oil comes out then there is a problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

umm..drain the oil first and pull oil filter out. unless your body need some oil.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (BrownEyed)

Why drain the oil? He just changed it.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (ac_attak)

At work while doing services on many different Honda models I have had this happen. I wouldnt be too concerned about it. As long as you had oil in the motor, which you said you did.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (JDMwhiteDC2)

I suggest you do your oil changes HOT, that way it will get more of the grime out.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: Juss did oil change and no OIL in FILTER? WTF?! (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I suggest you do your oil changes HOT, that way it will get more of the grime out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, and the oil runs out alot easier. I always change mine right after driving the car (and I have a burn scar from my catalytic convertor on my arm to prove it ).

Don't worry about it.