Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Jdm headlight wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jdm headlight wiring

I have a 95 integra with jdm conversion I did about a year ago. But everyone's front end I see with the headlights on the blinker part of it stays on when the parking lights are on. Mine does not it only blinks for the blinkers. My side markers are on with the parking lights. How do I properly wire up the headlights? btw the socket for the blinker only has two wires coming out of it
Old 01-19-2010, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jdm headlight wiring

Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong? please
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh jeez. Do you remember you turn signal in the old us bumper how it had two lights. You have the wrong one hooked up to the turn signal. If you swap to the other wire that was used for turn signal you will be golden.

Your Left front parking turn signal should be a green/blue wire
Your right front parking turn signal should be a green/yellow wire

For the Corner marker what I did was i tied my corners into my power lock power wire. It quick easy and close. Plus that where the power wire come out for the JDM ITRs.

The lock switch for your car drivers door should be Green/white wire
Lock switch for the passanger door should be Black/white
Old 01-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok so I have the wires mixed up from the corner and the sidemarkers? and the sidemarkers shouldn't be on with the parking lights?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The way they are wired on the jdm integra is the power runs from the wiring harness to the doors. Its it own power from the under dash fuse box. Like i said what i did was i cut into the door lock switch and ran power from their to them.

And yes you have the wrong turn signal wire plugged in. swap that wire and youll be good
Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the side markers only come on when you use you're blinkers. and the corner lamp should be on whenever park lamps are on. just switch the two wires from the corner to the sides
Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the fender lights should be on all the time as well as the corner lamps, but the corner lamps should blink, on my old LS i wired my jdm healights like you did.. lol cause i had dead park light wires for some odd reason.

get a volt meter and test which wire gets power when u turn ur park lights on. Wire to power accordingly with this wire. This time around i just bought a jumper harness. i hate wiring. lol
Old 01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pictures are worth a thousand words...
bigislandc2 is right... about the side marker part tho...

pics from bmi type-r legends youtube it ull see what im saying...
Old 01-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah see I've seen pictures of the side markers being on and them being off. I think there suppose to be on with the parking lights along with the corner light. Bc thst how it is on the us bumper both blinkers are lit up.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

...fyi these arnt any old pic they are screen caps from best motoring.. the japanese show that is shot in japan that features mainly japanese cars driven by japanese race car driver.. it doesnt get any more jdm than that... you tube it and your questions will be answered... if u still hold any doubts then iono do what you think is "cool"
Old 01-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bigislandc2
the side markers only come on when you use you're blinkers. and the corner lamp should be on whenever park lamps are on. just switch the two wires from the corner to the sides
sounds easy enough, but the bulbs are different power. when you switch them other way around u will have hyper blinking and front light will not match the rear turn signal.

go to ur car and turn on the blinkers and pay attention to the side marker and front/rear turn signals. when side marker blinks, it turns off when front/rear is on and turn on when front/rear is off. if u switch front with side marker, front will turn on when rear is off. i tried that and switched back

i looked through acura wiring diagrams and non of them have this shown, how the side marker is turned on when u switch the light to parking lights. i just left it the way it is the same way u have it hooked up since i dont have time to mess with it, at least for now.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another option do it with a relay, see my mspaint CAD drawing below
Attached Images  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

another solution is to use a two contact bulb, with high and low impedance spirals inside of it (i can't remember the number, but there is one for sure) modify the socket for two terminals or find one from different car that uses this bulb and make it fit.

then use high impedance spiral for turn signal and low impedance for hooking up parking light wire. this solution is simpler but im not sure how hard would it be to fit a different bulb socket
Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok thanks I might see what I can do with a two contact bulb. What about from the stock us bumper blinker socket/ bulb? that should work right?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

passwordjdm jumper harnesses ftw.. lol
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

....soo u still want the corner light to stay on with the parking light?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95-db6-719
passwordjdm jumper harnesses ftw.. lol
it does the same thing as if you splice the wires, just more macaroni and unneeded connections
Old 01-20-2010, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what you need is a test light or multimeter or probe...
...if u want the corner light to come on with parking tap the parking light
...if you still want the corner light to come on with the parking light and signal when u signal u will need one of these and a dual filament bulb..... if u still have it intact good if not get one from a civic..

.... if you want your side markers to stay on tap the +parking light if u want it to signal tap the +signal if u want it to signal and stay on tap one of each (yeah it works that way) or u can use a relay which the diagram is somewhere in the integra forums also...
if u have any questions ask....
but i must reiterate the fact that "proper" what the majority of people have differs from how it is suppose to be i.e the real jdm integras

Old 01-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by qazaq
it does the same thing as if you splice the wires, just more macaroni and unneeded connections
thats what you think, it simplifies everything. and doesnt ruin plugs or what not. with cutting and splicing and then ****ing up and cutting and splicing. I have done the headlight wiring before, and its quite a pain i believe. The jumper harness's just made sense to me.

but its all preference
Old 01-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 95-db6-719
thats what you think, it simplifies everything. and doesnt ruin plugs or what not. with cutting and splicing and then ****ing up and cutting and splicing. I have done the headlight wiring before, and its quite a pain i believe. The jumper harness's just made sense to me.

but its all preference
believe what u want, i am telling u how it is because i'v done it and i know how turn signal wiring is, because i went though it 20 times when i did the install. refer to the pictures posted by "dohcvtak" this is what u will get no matter if u use the harness or not.

it will be simpler to just use the harness because it makes everything plug-in-play but that doesn't mean it's the right or best way to do it. you will have more wires in your engine bay and unnecessary connections. more connections = worse signal and more places for things to go bad. if you converting the front end by cutting your old front reinforcement bar and welding a new one in place, might as well make the wiring permanent too, making it look neat and not spaghetti hanging all over the place

it is for you to choose what route you want to go, if you don't trust your wiring skills go with the harness and save yourself some time along the way.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dohcvtak
what you need is a test light or multimeter or probe...
...if u want the corner light to come on with parking tap the parking light
...if you still want the corner light to come on with the parking light and signal when u signal u will need one of these and a dual filament bulb..... if u still have it intact good if not get one from a civic..

.... if you want your side markers to stay on tap the +parking light if u want it to signal tap the +signal if u want it to signal and stay on tap one of each (yeah it works that way) or u can use a relay which the diagram is somewhere in the integra forums also...
if u have any questions ask....
but i must reiterate the fact that "proper" what the majority of people have differs from how it is suppose to be i.e the real jdm integras
what year civic is this bulb from?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^eg so i would say 92-95 it will allow you to have the corner light to come on with parking and signal when u signal....
Again let me stress that jdm cars are design to have both corner and sidemarker for signaling purposes only... having everything on is just a US thing that people do here for one reason or another.. but ultimately its your car you decide...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-0xHsCCRY
do you guys see what i mean
Old 01-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by qazaq
believe what u want, i am telling u how it is because i'v done it and i know how turn signal wiring is, because i went though it 20 times when i did the install. refer to the pictures posted by "dohcvtak" this is what u will get no matter if u use the harness or not.

it will be simpler to just use the harness because it makes everything plug-in-play but that doesn't mean it's the right or best way to do it. you will have more wires in your engine bay and unnecessary connections. more connections = worse signal and more places for things to go bad. if you converting the front end by cutting your old front reinforcement bar and welding a new one in place, might as well make the wiring permanent too, making it look neat and not spaghetti hanging all over the place

it is for you to choose what route you want to go, if you don't trust your wiring skills go with the harness and save yourself some time along the way.
I realize that as distance increases resistance also increases, you have to extend the wires from the turn signals anyway, also i still have to splice in the ends of the jumper harness's, i can chop to the appropriate length, and i am also going to tuck as much as possible through the fender and through the frame. so yeah.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks for the info, i never noticed the rear corners are also not illuminated on jdm teg.
Old 01-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is this how you want it to be..? or do u want your corner light and ur fender light and ur city lights all to be illuminated when u turn ur park lights on..?

Quick Reply: Jdm headlight wiring